Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 05:35 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,508 posts, read 15,101,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by keatkeat_ View Post
Literally no one cares about where they open first besides you.
Then why comment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2017, 06:17 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,388,028 times
I care.

Old 03-10-2017, 06:46 PM

92 posts, read 162,211 times
I have been to Sprouts on Roswell Rd in Sandy Springs. In my opinion nothing to get too excited about.
Secondly I don't think this location on Walton Way Extension is really that great for a grocery store. Customers traveling from the west are not able to get off I-20 at Walton Eay Extension nor are customers leaving Sprouts able to enter I-20 at WW Extension to travel west
Sprouts should have located in Mullins Crossing or the Grovetown/ Lewiston area in my opinion
Wonder how long this market will stay open?
I wish them well but I will not be surprised if they close within a few years due to lack of business.

Old 03-10-2017, 07:24 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,508 posts, read 15,101,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbandevelopment View Post
I have been to Sprouts on Roswell Rd in Sandy Springs. In my opinion nothing to get too excited about.
Secondly I don't think this location on Walton Way Extension is really that great for a grocery store. Customers traveling from the west are not able to get off I-20 at Walton Eay Extension nor are customers leaving Sprouts able to enter I-20 at WW Extension to travel west
Sprouts should have located in Mullins Crossing or the Grovetown/ Lewiston area in my opinion
Wonder how long this market will stay open?
I wish them well but I will not be surprised if they close within a few years due to lack of business.
Huh? The business closing in a few years wouldn't surprise you. Yet, a place with a lot less traffic Mullins Crossing would be better in your opinion. Then you believe the Gateway area of Grovetown is better which has less income and hardly anybody from outside Grovetown shopping there. Who is coming to the Gateway area just to shop at Kroger or Walmart?

Old 03-10-2017, 07:47 PM

I haven't been to the new Kroger yet

Old 03-10-2017, 08:00 PM

568 posts, read 698,674 times
I submit that lot's of people haven't been to Whole Foods... Or Gander Mountain...

Old 03-10-2017, 08:13 PM

I was a regular at whole foods but not so at Grander Mountain.

Old 03-10-2017, 08:20 PM

1,157 posts, read 1,412,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
Huh? The business closing in a few years wouldn't surprise you. Yet, a place with a lot less traffic Mullins Crossing would be better in your opinion. Then you believe the Gateway area of Grovetown is better which has less income and hardly anybody from outside Grovetown shopping there. Who is coming to the Gateway area just to shop at Kroger or Walmart?
I have driven WAY out of my way to go to the Kroger in the Gateway area on a couple occasions now. I'm sure I'm not alone.

Very valid points were made. Access to and from the selected location is not ideal at all. I'm not sure I agree it would be as well-suited in Grovetown, but Mullins Crossing would have been a definite improvement when it comes to ease of access, traffic counts, population....pretty much EVERYTHING.

And? I even have FACTSS to support it! Population at 1mi, 3mi and 5mi is substantially higher at Mullins Phase 2. Traffic counts of over 10,000 more per day at Mullins. Household income goes up in the 5 miles around Mullins instead of down.

Attached Thumbnails
Sprouts Farmers Market coming to Augusta-factss.jpg  

Old 03-10-2017, 08:47 PM

1,497 posts, read 1,518,890 times
Thank you GRU. Those stats speak for themselves

Old 03-10-2017, 09:06 PM

1,497 posts, read 1,518,890 times
Yes, Mullins Crossing would have made more sense in many ways. I am sure if Whole Foods had it to do all over again they would have located in Mullins Crossing. Maybe they would still be open. Sprouts atleast would is at a better price point so they might survive at what is admittedly a less than ideal location. It still seems like Evans is a much better fit for their business model. Time will tell
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area