Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 08:51 PM

59 posts, read 196,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumar View Post
I will be moving to Augusta later on this year. My wife and I have found some homes in the area that we like. There are two off pleasant home rd and one off columbia road. There is another off furry ferry. And one more off belair rd. Between Martinez and West Augusta which has the better schools, shopping, and neighborhoods. The homes we found are in these two areas. If you had to pick one where would you live?
I use to live in Augusta and worked on columbia road which you could still call augusta instead of martinez since you do not know you keft towns, but that is the perfect place to be in between evans and augusta and a short drive to grovetown. Great schools too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflygurl View Post
I have been offered a job at Ft Gordon & know zip about Georgia; I want to stay away from a long commute ( at the price of fuel these days) because I have my Dad living with me & he will be 90 in Jan. What is the cost of living like around Ft. Gordon & are there alot of venemous snakes ? The Chamber of Commerce page doesn't seem to have a whole lot to offer. THANKS.
Evans is a straight shot to ft. gordon, just across the interstae and the cost of living is not bad at all. I thought it was a little higher when i moved there from Texas but since leaving and going to SC and then NC, it is cheap there in GA. I'm sure there are venemous snakes but we lived there for 3 years in a neighborhood and all i saw outside was palmetto bugs in thepine trees. But if you live in rural ares, i'm sure you would come across one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 07:33 PM

4 posts, read 9,179 times
we are a military family with young kids pcsing to ft gordon may1st , we are looking to rent. anyone have any thoughts to the highland park subdivision in martinez, and the town of harlem?

Old 03-19-2009, 11:47 AM

194 posts, read 529,526 times
I would go with living in the trio. West Augusta trio is Evans- West Richmond-Martinez. Harlem is a small town. The school's in Harlem are not that good either.

Old 03-20-2009, 12:09 AM

1,303 posts, read 3,858,147 times
No one in Augusta, except for a few people who post on here, refer to "The West Augusta Trio." I have never heard this expresssion before and I live in West Augusta. Be aware that Martinez and Evans are in Columbia County... West Augusta is in Augusta-Richmond County: 2 different counties, 2 different school systems. Martinez is going to be closest to Augusta-Richmond County.. Evans is just nortwest of Martinez.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:56 AM

194 posts, read 529,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmusket View Post
No one in Augusta, except for a few people who post on here, refer to "The West Augusta Trio." I have never heard this expresssion before and I live in West Augusta. Be aware that Martinez and Evans are in Columbia County... West Augusta is in Augusta-Richmond County: 2 different counties, 2 different school systems. Martinez is going to be closest to Augusta-Richmond County.. Evans is just nortwest of Martinez.
Plenty of people know Martinez & Evans are west of Augusta. Last time I checked Martinez was in Columbia and Richmond. There is a 30907 in richmond county which is Martinez. No one can tell that you have left West Augusta and entered Martinez or vice versa. How do you live in West Augusta but you said the Carmax wasn't built? I live in Evans and knew it was built. You should see the Carmax everyday if you live in WA.

Last edited by joeyrun; 03-20-2009 at 11:17 AM..

Old 03-20-2009, 02:27 PM

880 posts, read 2,862,623 times
Actually Joeyrun, the 30907 in Richmond County is Augusta. I live in this area of 30907 and have an Augusta mailing address (Stevens Creek Road).

Old 03-22-2009, 02:28 PM

5 posts, read 8,257 times
if you are going to be working on post, I highly recommend not choosing fury's ferry area. Basically, it is going to be using the roads with the highest traffic and is about as far (traffic and busy roads wise) as you can get from the post. The neighborhoods there are safe and nice though.

Definitely off Columbia Road/Belair/Jimmie Dyess in Columbia county is the way to go based on your requirements. Jimmie Dyess PKWY is many laned, direct shot into Ft. Gordon. Columbia County has way better schools. Grovetown is a nice area but further from hosptials, etc. More country side with access to Augusta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area