Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 07:24 AM

1,601 posts, read 2,983,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFOtoAustin View Post
Thank you, I will check out the Gehan home during my next visit.
And remember, production builders build in more than one neighborhood, so if you find a floorplan that you like, you may have several different neighborhoods where you can live in that floorplan. For example, ours would have been $50,000 less had we built in Round Rock versus Cedar Park, but we wanted Cedar Park. Kinda crazy, but that's how it goes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2014, 10:51 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,552,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janineg View Post
How about Pearson Place in Avery Ranch?
Those schools should be better than the ones you listed, and Avery Ranch isn't nearly so rural feeling as, say Parkside. It's a bit closer to Austin, too.
As before, it should be clear that Pearson Place is NOT in Avery Ranch but adjacent to it(actually almost surrounded). That is to say, PP is not part of the ARHOA and would not enjoy any of the amenities(like the five pools) within AR.

Also, OP mentioned LISD...Pearson Place is in RRISD...neither good nor bad; but the OP should be clear since PP is literally across the street from LISD.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:58 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,552,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFOtoAustin View Post
I have planned to relocate to Austin from California bay area. I found Cedar Park, Round Rock and Leander communities are closer to North Austin for commute.
For commute purposes, you would need to be more specific than "North Austin", since I don't believe any such area carries that designation. In-town folks refer to anything north of the river to be "north" Austin, yet the northern city limits is 20 miles north of there!

Old 03-14-2014, 07:37 PM

80 posts, read 196,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
For commute purposes, you would need to be more specific than "North Austin", since I don't believe any such area carries that designation. In-town folks refer to anything north of the river to be "north" Austin, yet the northern city limits is 20 miles north of there!
In general when people refer new community in Austin area, it means it extend the boundary of Austin and it doesn't directly refer to the Austin City limit. As Austin downtown doesn't have any new community much
(I mean master planned community)
I have seen the Austin city limit stretches till Cedar Park. Since I am not basically from Austin I am not aware of the terms (related to boundaries) people used in the Austin local.

btw, I refer the North Austin where the IT companies setup being there (If I am correct, it's around McNeil and Parmer Lane)

So I am looking for input from these forum to identify the new home community which is closest (in terms of commute) and fits my need and budget.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin