Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 12:27 PM

73 posts, read 302,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobert View Post
40+ miles from downtown Austin, and you're paying $95/sf? where do I sign up?

You could live 10 miles from downtown and pay the same.

Actually, it looks like Sharp's map is showing the wrong location... it's more like 20-some miles. That's irrelevant though since they're not asking about downtown.

I live nearby in the regular Mayfield Ranch subdivision and have been very happy with the area. We wish we'd waited another year or so and gotten into Parkside -- it's a lovely neighborhood and having the school there is great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 12:48 PM

55 posts, read 233,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RND View Post
I think it's Lennar. Lennar homes, IMO, are very much starter homes in that they do not give you any choices to upgrade or customize your home. I like the area, though.
There are Lennar homes, and there are Lennar homes. They offer 2 series. The higher end series includes many upgraded features. True, you cannot change anything (other than some color choices), but if you can live with what they include, it makes the buying process a much more stress-free experience rather than wading through pages and pages of upgrades and getting nickeled and dimed to death. There is something to be said about their philosophy. Check it out for yourself.

Old 08-30-2009, 07:50 AM

1 posts, read 1,858 times
Hi there - we just built a home in Parkside and hopefully this helps-

We chose Parkside because we needed to commute to the Austin area and still be able to be with family around Georgetown. We are right in the middle - Austin is just 25 mins away, Cedar Park ( My son's gym) is 18 minutes away and Georgetown is 20 mins. from us.

The neighborhood is awesome. I can't say enough about it. The neighbors ( The few that we have and from 8 months ago homes are popping up literally , as of today we have 5-6 homes being built simultaneously from different builders in our community. Neighbors have been helpful, friendly and they/ we respect each others privacy but we all enjoy each other's company. A few of the kids are my son's friends from school and we just found our hearts and home here. Did I mention the schools?? The schools are awesome - we have been fortunate to have had our elementary - to high school schools built at the same time we did, all brand new... perfect timing. Not planned but God willed Anyways the Leander school district will be up there with Eanes school district soon. The way the parents and teachers and the whole area has been..very supportive etc. We have our own HEB, Home Depot, Longs, Starbucks a few miles away, A very cool movie theater hub off 1431 with Target, Hobby Lobby, Sports academy etc. Scott and White is just a few miles away along with Round Rock outlets on the other side. Walmart is also a few miles away too. Golf course? There is Teravista a few minutes away or Crystal Falls or even Cimarron Hills is only 25 mins away too. Our location is definitely right smack dab in the middle of everything we need. We also have right next to us - Wiliiamson County Regional Park - 800 acres ( huge!) ( 11 I believe but don't quote me for it!) baseball & soccer fields, basketball courts, tennis courts, hiking trails about 5.2 miles worth of fun trails to walk on, some other stuff that we are pleasantly discovering still. All I can say...we don't have any complains.

Hope this input helps.

God bless and good luck home hunting :-)

Old 08-30-2009, 09:15 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,552,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momswithstyle View Post
Hi there - we just built a home in Parkside and hopefully this helps-
:-)
Since all of sharp071's posts are from a year and a half ago, it might be interesting to hear from him/her regarding their experience...I would imagine the house is finished by now.

Old 06-06-2010, 02:31 PM

589 posts, read 1,812,951 times
Refreshing this thread becase we looked at this area today. We found a floorplan we liked that is also available at Poloma Lake. Thinking Parkside might be a better short term (5 year) investment.

Any thoughts?

Old 06-06-2010, 08:19 PM

2,627 posts, read 6,574,303 times
I live about 3 miles or so from Parkside at Mayfield Ranch. It's a great neighborhood if you have kids. But, I wouldn't recommend any of the new neighborhoods this far North as good short term investments. This is especially true of a brand new home. There are some really good deals on existing homes within 3 or 4 miles from Parkside at Mayfield Ranch.

There is still a lot of land just North of Parkside as well where new homes are going in. Until this area is really built out, I wouldn't expect to make money on any new home in 5 years. Plus, who knows what the new Schlitterbahn will do to our values here when it actually goes in. With that said, if I wanted a place to stay a long time to raise a family and didn't care about making money in the short term, I would definitely buy in Parkside at Mayfield Ranch.

Old 06-06-2010, 10:51 PM

589 posts, read 1,812,951 times
I should have been clearer. I think our eventual plan will be to convert the house to a rental in the next 3-5 years. We don't want to spend thousands to update an existing home then turn it into a rental. We are also looking for something that will be lower maintenance for as long as 10 years. We just instinctively felt that Mayfield would be a better investment than Paloma.

Old 06-07-2010, 07:25 AM

2,627 posts, read 6,574,303 times
This is just personal opinion, but I would never buy in Paloma Lake as long as it feeds into Stony Point High School. I'm sure the school is fine for most kids, but I'd prefer not to send my kids there when it's time. I'm not sure if there are plans for Paloma Lake to feed into a newly built High School anytime soon.

Parkside at Mayfield Ranch feeds into Rouse and Vista Ridge. A brand new Middle School is slated to open near Parkside in either 2011 or 2012. There are also plans for a new High School going in around 2018.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin