Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 10:45 AM

240 posts, read 272,229 times

Advertisements

Ah, OK. That kind of seems to be what is happening to a certain extent. Downtown pushing into SoCo a bit, and SoCo pushing a little bit South. Also, mixed use developments and housing popping up here and there. At some point, I'd assume, different areas and developments will probably connect better which will make it seem like all downtown (even if it isn't all skyscrapers).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2017, 11:08 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,013,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_ATX View Post
Ah, OK. That kind of seems to be what is happening to a certain extent. Downtown pushing into SoCo a bit, and SoCo pushing a little bit South. Also, mixed use developments and housing popping up here and there. At some point, I'd assume, different areas and developments will probably connect better which will make it seem like all downtown (even if it isn't all skyscrapers).
That's really cool. That's what I figured was happening. Thanks

Old 05-27-2017, 11:31 AM

532 posts, read 1,392,666 times
If Austin were a woman, she would have taken out a restraining order against radiolibre99 a year or two ago for all the constant stalking and obsessive yammering about her.

Old 05-27-2017, 11:33 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Yet, is the city planning on adding some world class museums, theater, opera? I didn't really see a lot of fine dining, or upscale shopping areas. Does Austin have a River Oaks or Beverly Hills? Is the city just not interested in that? I figured it was taking a page from Dallas and becoming upscale.
Houston and Dallas are light years ahead of Austin in this regard. And I doubt that it will change any time soon.

Old 05-27-2017, 11:58 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,013,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulmmm View Post
If Austin were a woman, she would have taken out a restraining order against radiolibre99 a year or two ago for all the constant stalking and obsessive yammering about her.
So would Houston and Dallas, don't flatter yourself.

Old 05-27-2017, 01:55 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,893,961 times
Quote:
I may be a little slow today, but I'm not understanding this sentence. It's got words in it, but beyond that...
Kind of like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itYF...A#action=share

But not on purpose...

Old 05-28-2017, 06:15 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulmmm View Post

Sorry radiolibre, but he's right.

Old 05-28-2017, 11:45 AM

6,333 posts, read 18,058,399 times
Quote:
It's pushing North too, up Burnet Rd and Lamar. The Domain is becoming its own standalone "2nd city" center, though not a nightlife hub.

Old 05-28-2017, 12:32 PM

2,627 posts, read 6,574,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin-steve View Post
It's pushing North too, up Burnet Rd and Lamar. The Domain is becoming its own standalone "2nd city" center, though not a nightlife hub.
Actually, the newish Rock Rose area of the Domain has definitely turned into a nightlife hub for those of us in the North burbs. It's a bit more upscale, but Friday and Saturday nights are pretty lively on the North side of the Domain for dining and bars. This has just happened in the past year.

Old 05-28-2017, 12:35 PM

6,333 posts, read 18,058,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark311 View Post
Actually, the newish Rock Rose area of the Domain has definitely turned into a nightlife hub for those of us in the North burbs. It's a bit more upscale, but Friday and Saturday nights are pretty lively on the North side of the Domain for dining and bars. This has just happened in the past year.
Thank for the update! Last time I was in the Domain I got lost trying to find a store. It's grown so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin