Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 07:00 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,450,730 times

Advertisements

Great Barrier Reef coral seeing 'major decline,' scientists report - World News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2012, 07:35 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,942,602 times
Judging from what I've skimmed from the article, doesn't seem like we can do anything about it. Things come and go, we're not all powerful beings.

Old 10-01-2012, 07:49 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Judging from what I've skimmed from the article, doesn't seem like we can do anything about it. Things come and go, we're not all powerful beings.
Wow is all I can say. Have you ever studied what will happen once the coral reefs die? It is a huge deal. Actually there are things that can be done to help the survival of the coral reefs. I wish everyone on the planet had a diverse science background so they can understand what humans are doing to this planet and how we can help the planet earth.

Old 10-01-2012, 09:00 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,076,059 times
Very tragic. Global warming and pollution affects everyone, and everyone is to blame. When will we truly start to work as one to solve this problem?

I was lucky enough to snorkel in the Great Barrier Reef - it is an amazing experience, I dread to think what the world will be like in 50 years time. What will be left of the GBR and the world's coral reefs.

Old 10-01-2012, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Very tragic. Global warming and pollution affects everyone, and everyone is to blame. When will we truly start to work as one to solve this problem?

I was lucky enough to snorkel in the Great Barrier Reef - it is an amazing experience, I dread to think what the world will be like in 50 years time. What will be left of the GBR and the world's coral reefs.
You know I hate to see this planet in 20 years.

Humans are the biggest contributor as to why this is happening and it truly is a tragedy.

Old 10-02-2012, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
Wow is all I can say. Have you ever studied what will happen once the coral reefs die? It is a huge deal. Actually there are things that can be done to help the survival of the coral reefs. I wish everyone on the planet had a diverse science background so they can understand what humans are doing to this planet and how we can help the planet earth.
Let me guess. We're all gonna die, right? Let me take another guess too. Unless we go back to an 18th century lifestyle, the planet is going to die and whither away, again, for about the 20th time? We're not gonna turn into Mars if that's what you're so worked up about

Old 10-02-2012, 07:34 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,076,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
You know I hate to see this planet in 20 years.

Humans are the biggest contributor as to why this is happening and it truly is a tragedy.
I know it's popular to say so but sometimes I think humans suck.

Even so-called eco-tourism: there are those that don't respect the planet. Rubbish everywhere, treating animals like they're toys . People think we're separate from nature but they're gonna get a big shock.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:24 AM

Quote:

Even so-called eco-tourism: there are those that don't respect the planet. Rubbish everywhere, treating animals like they're toys . People think we're separate from nature but they're gonna get a big shock.
Well, maybe if people spent mroe time teaching about real environmentalism, and not crock like global warming, people wouldn't be so trashy. But, you're complaining about the first world being trashy? You do know the dirtiest people and those with the least respect for the environment are those living in 3rd world countries, not first?

Old 10-02-2012, 10:57 PM

Quote:

I totally agree...humans are the worst species on planet earth. There are many great humans but there are also many sorry humans. It is not rocket science to see this...just look at the news everday...or better yet look at history up until today.

Old 10-02-2012, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Let me guess. We're all gonna die, right? Let me take another guess too. Unless we go back to an 18th century lifestyle, the planet is going to die and whither away, again, for about the 20th time? We're not gonna turn into Mars if that's what you're so worked up about
You sound like a very clueless/ignorant person....unless you have a solid diverse science background or are just a truly brilliant person then NOTHING you say holds merit when it comes to global warming and the coral reefs.

IMO ignorance is not bliss
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand