Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 04:40 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times

Advertisements

OP: absolutely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
All the places along the east coast that I've been to - Sydney, Gold Coast, Cairns beaches etc have beautiful women.

Hot women are in very short supply in the USA in the areas I've lived or visited.

I like the Australian women's personality better. More down to earth. If a female in the USA is hot, well she doesn't have much competition and she tends to be a little aloof and often interested in your wealth/status. Plastic surgery and fake boobs are big here. Err what did I just say? .

Just my observations mind you, it's not meant to be a definitive answer.
You can visit anytime

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
I've been around the world and had many girlfriends from around the world, including Australian women. I'm single and have no plans to get married and I like to experience what the world has to offer.

Yes, there are certainly some Australian women that are attractive, but I would say overall as a whole population it's a disappointment. If you are looking for hot women, I think you'll be disappointed in Australia.

Also obesity and lack of fitness has been steadily rising in Australia and many of the women are rather porky now. In addition a lot of Australian women can be a bit manly as well.
haha
yeah, your model looks and chisled abs are wasted here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 08:10 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,021,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyo View Post
I know every country has beautiful and ugly women, but I do think some countries have a greater percentage of women who are beautiful than others. I spent a month in Quebec City this past summer and I must say I found the women gorgeous. I also have Czech heritage and am always pleased to see the beautiful women in the Czech Republic and Central Europe. I'm planning on traveling to Australia sometime in the next few months and I was wondering whether or not women in Australia are up to par with women in Quebec or Central Europe?

Of course Australia is a multicultural society so there probably many different types of women but I'm mainly asking about "real" australian women (which I know may sound condescending but you get what I mean).
How do you measure attractiveness? Its all subjective so this is an inane thread.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
haha
yeah, your model looks and chisled abs are wasted here.
Meow Artie!

Old 02-14-2013, 12:22 AM

147 posts, read 284,936 times
You'll find a lot of attractive women here in oz, but I find (actually my Aussie husband stated this first to me a few years ago) a lot of them look the same ~ not always, but you do get a lot of long, blonde, beachy hair, big smiles etc, pretty surfer/girl next door types (BTW there's something about Aussie women with big wide smiles with loads of teeth?!). You'll get a lot more average-pretty women here but not as many total stunners who stand out from the crowd. I'm sure if you went to eastern Europe or South American countries, per capita you'd find a lot more striking women. Personally I think Australia produces a lot more attractive men over women. It also helps that while there are a lot of obese people here, there are also a heck load of very fit people with incredible bodies but they work hard for it. I probably see more as I am in Sydney and there's the whole 'Bondi' thing and beach lifestyle which tends to force people to work out and take care of themselves. But as someone above pointed out it's all subjective...

Old 02-14-2013, 12:57 AM

359 posts, read 658,562 times
You will find Australian women to be so well cultured and well mannered.

Old 02-14-2013, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manygeese View Post
You will find Australian women to be so well cultured and well mannered.
You are taking the pi*s right?

Old 02-14-2013, 01:50 AM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olliesyd View Post
You'll find a lot of attractive women here in oz, but I find (actually my Aussie husband stated this first to me a few years ago) a lot of them look the same ~ not always, but you do get a lot of long, blonde, beachy hair, big smiles etc, pretty surfer/girl next door types (BTW there's something about Aussie women with big wide smiles with loads of teeth?!). You'll get a lot more average-pretty women here but not as many total stunners who stand out from the crowd. I'm sure if you went to eastern Europe or South American countries, per capita you'd find a lot more striking women. Personally I think Australia produces a lot more attractive men over women. It also helps that while there are a lot of obese people here, there are also a heck load of very fit people with incredible bodies but they work hard for it. I probably see more as I am in Sydney and there's the whole 'Bondi' thing and beach lifestyle which tends to force people to work out and take care of themselves. But as someone above pointed out it's all subjective...
Yep, just like any other country there are overweight and fit people, and all in between.
And there are people who take care of themselves and those who don't take as good care of themselves.

It's subjective and silly to generalise.

Old 02-14-2013, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Yep, just like any other country there are overweight and fit people, and all in between.
And there are people who take care of themselves and those who don't take as good care of themselves.

It's subjective and silly to generalise.
I agree, but in fairness there are certain countries which 'produce' more attractive looking people than others... Look at South America ~ Venezuela, Brazil etc., and the the likes of the Czech Republic – these places are famed for literally churning out beauty queens and supermodels...

Old 02-14-2013, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olliesyd View Post
I agree, but in fairness there are certain countries which 'produce' more attractive looking people than others... Look at South America ~ Venezuela, Brazil etc., and the the likes of the Czech Republic – these places are famed for literally churning out beauty queens and supermodels...
Well in Venezuela besuty pageants are serious business so they find them, this does not necessarily mean there is a larger proportion of conventionally pretty women. I've been to Rio, Caracas, Prague and Brno. IMO neither stood out over any other country I've visited

Old 02-14-2013, 05:16 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,428,627 times
Heres some of the places I've been and how physically attractive I've found the women on the whole :

10 being great, 1 being poor......

Melbourne......6
Brisbane........6
Sydney.......5.5
Gold Coast.....7
Cairns......5.5
Townsville.....5
Adelaide.....6
Canberra.....4.5
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand