Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2011, 08:14 AM

15 posts, read 22,855 times

Advertisements

My vehicle was recalled for a possible cracked subframe. I took it to the dealership. It was flatbedded to another facility as it was considered unsafe to drive. The mechanic told me it was driven back to the dealership. While enroute he heard loud scrapeing noise and when he got to the shop the coil spring had let go and had ruined the tire. They say I am responsible for costs. It was not making any noise when I dropped the van off. They said it is possible that the spring broke while sitting on the lot. This sounds false to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2011, 11:13 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,565,307 times
You are in no way responsible, I would fight it. They flatbedded it because it was unsafe to drive then they drove it anyway? They are just trying to see how gullible you are, so fight them back even if you have to take them to court.

Old 05-22-2011, 12:01 PM

Location: Where nothing ever grows. No rain or rivers flow, Texas
1,085 posts, read 1,582,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
You are in no way responsible, I would fight it. They flatbedded it because it was unsafe to drive then they drove it anyway? They are just trying to see how gullible you are, so fight them back even if you have to take them to court.
I agree.

Old 05-22-2011, 01:22 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,166,280 times
I can't imagine how you are in any way responsible for this...the van wasn't even in your possession when this happened! They should not have driven it at all. Definitely fight this.

Old 05-22-2011, 04:50 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
i agree with the others, fight the dealer that is trying to *********. contact the regional office, or the headquarters if need be. also contact the consumer reports reporter at your local news station as well. make a big enough fuss and the dealer will back down.

Old 05-22-2011, 05:58 PM

204 posts, read 1,505,764 times
This is one reason why I don't buy new vehicles (assuming you purchased new). The dealership hands you off to the Service Manager who's sole goal in life is to 1.) Avoid warranty work and 2.) Charge the max possible for out of warranty repairs. These people are trained by the corporation - doesn't matter what make car is involved. I believe dealers make far more money in the service bay than the showroom.

Take notes on who you called / talked to, times, dates, emails, phone messages. Keep the pressure on, be a polite, but total pain in their *sses until you achieve the desired result. If you stay persistent, you will win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive