Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 09:49 PM

17,475 posts, read 66,054,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
40% of drivers are uninsured in WA State (as per my agent explaining why rates are so high)
Sorry, but I'm calling BS on that ridiculous accusation-

http://www.insurance-research.org/si...011_042111.pdf

Granted, WA is one of the higher percentage states- but it ain't 40%!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 09:53 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
Here in Louisiana the proble is alcohol. We have drive thru daquaris huts and a culture of alcohol for all events. We have some who drive in almost a fully reclined position. How can they see the road? Or are they doing this to hide from the cops? We have some transplant hardcore rednecks who drive their trucks as if they're in NASCAR. Our street racers either grew up or ran out of money to keep buying nitrous oxide and rebuilt engines. Number of motorcycles and scooters are up. I don't mind them if they would stop installing the loud pipes. Know someone without the pipes and her bike is no louder at normal riding speeds than the average car. These loud pipes are loud at an idle.

Old 04-25-2012, 02:00 AM

4,287 posts, read 8,030,653 times
San Antonio? Absolutely atrocious morons with half a brain. The stunts I've seen pulled here make me fear for my family's safety.

I do have to say, though: Houston is even worse.

Old 04-25-2012, 06:09 AM

2,309 posts, read 4,384,486 times
I live in Allentown, PA which is approx 90 miles from NYC metro. and 55 miles from Philadelphia.
Because of the proximity to these two areas the driving style here is extremely aggressive.

Lot's of tailgating at higher speeds, honking, yelling obscenities out of windows, etc.

The dichotomy of all of this is once your out of the Urban Lehigh Valley the driving style drastically becomes more mellow and civilized.

Old 04-25-2012, 06:12 AM

7,301 posts, read 13,516,151 times
Selfish, rude, ignorant of cyclists and pedestrian laws, and stoned.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:33 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
San Antonio? Absolutely atrocious morons with half a brain. The stunts I've seen pulled here make me fear for my family's safety.

I do have to say, though: Houston is even worse.
Wonder if this has to do with the high population of illegal aliens from south of the border driving there?

Old 04-25-2012, 10:58 AM

1,650 posts, read 3,804,358 times
I don't care where you live.
All other drivers are either idiots (too slow) or a$$holes (too fast).
I'm the only good driver.

Old 04-25-2012, 11:33 AM

2,118 posts, read 6,376,611 times
I really can't complain too much about them.

I'm in the atlanta area and while it does vary from one part of the city to the next, as for my area I would rate the drivers as "good". There's another area where it's lots of minivans and new residents from out of town and they drive very slowly and clog up the roads.

All in all though I think the drivers here are almost courteous to a fault. People will just stop suddenly in the middle of the road to let someone waiting at a stop sign enter the roadway. If I were to complain about anything, it would have to be that stuff.

I've lived in some other cities where the drivers are terrible like Orlando and Miami. Once you've lived there and know what bad drivers are like, pretty much everywhere else are good drivers.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:04 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandsUpThumbsDown View Post
Selfish, rude, ignorant of cyclists and pedestrian laws, and stoned.
Interestingly enough, swap out "cyclists" with "anyone else around them" and that pretty much describes the area cyclists.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:09 PM

1,213 posts, read 3,112,364 times
In my area, they are awful at merging onto highways. Either they try entering traffic that is moving at 65-70mph while doing 50mph (even though there is plenty of room to get in), or they come to a complete stop at the end of the ramp with no room to accelerate.

On the side roads, people are too courteous at multiple-way stops where one car has to turn in front of the other. It always ends up in a waving game of "you go!" "no, you go!" "no really, you go!", then they both go at the same time and almost cause a collision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive