Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 11:17 AM

290 posts, read 923,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
The more features you have the more things to break down & cost you a arm & 2 legs to fix. Dealerships will rob you blind.
That's what warranties are for
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 11:37 AM

310 posts, read 1,025,911 times
I really dig my retro tape player

Old 05-08-2012, 11:45 AM

7,301 posts, read 13,532,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawkfist View Post
Me too!

Crank windows, manual locks, washable floor. It's what a truck should be.

Old 05-08-2012, 11:56 AM

2,259 posts, read 4,758,918 times
"easy entry" on my Lincoln Mark VIII open the door and the seat slides back, and the steering wheel lifts up and retracts into the dash board

Old 05-08-2012, 12:00 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,890,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawkfist View Post
8 track?

Old 05-08-2012, 12:00 PM

42,554 posts, read 87,063,390 times
When I step on the brakes, it stops. Instead of giving me a dashboard display that says "Error 3583. If this error persists, contact your vendor." But then, I have an oldish car, not state of the art.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:06 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,890,867 times
I rented a ford Escape this weekend. It had cupholders with a little laser eye thing. As far as i coudl tell, it reads the temperature of thatwever you put int he cupholder. If it is cold, cupholder gets cold. If hot cupholder gets warm. If neither cupholder does nothing. If that is really what it does, that is a really neat feature. i could nto tell for certain. Maybe the cold or hot drink just changed the cupholder temp really fast, but that sure seemed like what it does.

Two things I find hard to get along without - cup holders and lighter plugs. I also cannto stand long time in a car without a sunroof. Just a clostrophobia thing I guess, not realyl sure why. I really like 6 way electric seats. A rear defroster is pretty important to me. Compass and outdoor temp in the mirror is great.

I do not care about electric windows and door locks, adjustable pedals and steering wheel, adjustable lumbar pllow in the seat, climate control HVAC, or automatic transissions. Those are all things I woudl just as soon do wthout.

maybe I said this already, better go back and look

Old 05-08-2012, 04:07 PM

297 posts, read 741,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
I rented a ford Escape this weekend. It had cupholders with a little laser eye thing. As far as i coudl tell, it reads the temperature of thatwever you put int he cupholder. If it is cold, cupholder gets cold. If hot cupholder gets warm. If neither cupholder does nothing. If that is really what it does, that is a really neat feature. i could nto tell for certain. Maybe the cold or hot drink just changed the cupholder temp really fast, but that sure seemed like what it does.

Two things I find hard to get along without - cup holders and lighter plugs. I also cannto stand long time in a car without a sunroof. Just a clostrophobia thing I guess, not realyl sure why. I really like 6 way electric seats. A rear defroster is pretty important to me. Compass and outdoor temp in the mirror is great.

I do not care about electric windows and door locks, adjustable pedals and steering wheel, adjustable lumbar pllow in the seat, climate control HVAC, or automatic transissions. Those are all things I woudl just as soon do wthout.

maybe I said this already, better go back and look
I think this is part of the accent lighting in the car. I have a focus that has the same lights on the cupholders.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:15 PM

3,483 posts, read 6,270,750 times
First aid kit in the backseat on my Audi

Old 05-08-2012, 08:06 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,914,162 times
Turbo, five-speed manual and AWD, that's enough features for me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive