Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 02:55 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,696,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deez Nuttz View Post
But you did say:

That pretty much sums it up right there.
You are full of incorrect ASSumptions I see. What I said has f-all to do with what you said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2013, 03:27 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,149,725 times
Lots of cars are boring on both sides of the pond.

Old 05-04-2013, 03:42 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,969,405 times
I've owned both muscle cars and imports. I've owned a '67 RS Camaro with a mildly built 327 and a Turbo 350, and driven 2 of my fathers '67s. I still have a 65 six cylinder Nova(didn't have much power but was a cool little cruiser for a 16 year old). Anyways, after gettin a Subaru 2.5rs, then a WRX, that's where my love affair with muscle ended, and my love for imports(well mainly just Subies)started. I sold that Camaro to put some money in the bank, but to also put a bit into the WRX.

Sure, muscle was kinda fun, but after all was said and done my simple stage 2 WRX was faster in a straight line, and I'll state the obvious that it had far superior braking and handling. Factor in that it I can take it more places(dirt/gravel/snow ), and the Subies fun factor is far ahead of the Camaros. Don't get me wrong, I still like muscle, but I want more out of a fun car than just straight line speed and burning rubber.

Now, someone mentioned imports sounding bad. Yes, many do. But one reason I love my Subaru is the sound. They sound great with a proper unequal length setup. You get a deep tone that is nowhere near "weedeater" sounding. That sound is mainly from inline 4s with cheap exhaust systems. There's lots of other import brands out there that sound great with a proper setup. Keep in mind that the same goes for v-8 domestics....all it takes is a cheap, or cobbled together exhaust to make it sound horrible. I live in the South....I know what a bad sounding v-8 sounds like...lol.

Old 05-04-2013, 05:27 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Admit it, you probably didn't have the first ounce of appreciation for either car, regardless of what they were doing.
Some people have poor taste in cars.

Old 05-04-2013, 06:27 PM

26,425 posts, read 46,591,155 times
The most common cars I see parked in office building parking lots are the Honda Accord & Civic and Toyota Camry. Yawn...

Last edited by GraniteStater; 05-04-2013 at 07:02 PM..

Old 05-04-2013, 06:38 PM

4,237 posts, read 24,782,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
You are full of incorrect ASSumptions I see. What I said has f-all to do with what you said.
I didn't assume anything. You are the one who said it, so don't try and back peddle on it. Nice emphasis you put on three letters in the word assumption...it speaks even more volumes about your character.

Old 05-04-2013, 06:41 PM

1,412 posts, read 4,485,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
And you just proved the point. I also safely bet, bearings were not the only things replaced on your "indestructible" vehicle.
This is a beat up thread. Pointless. It's not which cars are better, it's jingo patriotism vs practicality.
Personally, every time I buy a true domestic, I regret it gravely. JUst like I have one now. Paint and sell next. I'll never buy one again, getting too old for continuous DIY repairs.

Oh, and btw, F Fusion became sort of a life saving vehicle in all posts of this nature. But I do have 2 questions. Anyone has any LONG TERM reliability data on it? As it's been around for only few years. So what is there to judge?
2nd - wait about 4 more years, when Fusions will cross into 100 000 miles on them, and see hell break loose online.
My Fusion made it 11 months before I was fed up with it. Last domestic I will buy. Well if you can call it that. My Venza and Tundra are more domestic than most domestic companies.

Old 05-04-2013, 06:46 PM

Quote:
I didn't assume anything. You are the one who said it, so don't try and back peddle on it. Nice emphasis you put on three letters in the word assumption...it speaks even more volumes about your character.
Yeah you did. You made an entire assumption off of 3 words. Oh it's "pedal" in this situation not "peddle". Anyway, this is what you said.

Quote:
Admit it, you probably didn't have the first ounce of appreciation for either car, regardless of what they were doing
You made that assumption over 3 words. Talk about overreacting because that's not the case nor is it true. Yeah, I also put emphasis on those 3 letters because that's what you are right now. Going off the deep end over 3 words. It doesn't say anything about me more than it says that you lack basic comprehension.

Old 05-04-2013, 10:12 PM

4,237 posts, read 24,782,378 times
Quote:
Yeah you did. You made an entire assumption off of 3 words. Oh it's "pedal" in this situation not "peddle". Anyway, this is what you said.
Nope, wrong again. BTW I didn't realize when all else fails you revert to being a spelling nazi. But I suppose to you that's another assumption on my behalf?

Quote:
You made that assumption over 3 words. Talk about overreacting because that's not the case nor is it true. Yeah, I also put emphasis on those 3 letters because that's what you are right now. Going off the deep end over 3 words. It doesn't say anything about me more than it says that you lack basic comprehension.
Ok...lets go back here, you said:

Quote:
American cars *yawn*
Translation: I find American cars boring.

Notice this is a generalized statement. Not a specific statement against a certain make or model. I agree most American cars are boring. But a few of them are worthy of having. Therefore I don't paint them all one color. You won't ever hear me saying "American cars are boring" when there's a few that are not. Give credit where it's due.

Furthermore you throwing insults over the internet only attests on how weak and pathetic you really are. That's pretty rich of you to talk about assumptions. But then again if you're so weak and have thin skin, it's no wonder why you think I'm an ass.

Old 05-04-2013, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Nope, wrong again. BTW I didn't realize when all else fails you revert to being a spelling nazi. But I suppose to you that's another assumption on my behalf?
Nope, if someone wants to attempt to be clever by trying to call someone out then the least they can do is not screw up themselves. Unfortunately, we are well past that. You're the one who replied to me. You obviously were bothered enough to reply. People talk crap about European cars or smaller cars all of the time. I couldn't be arsed. Just saying. Yes you did assume and incorrectly as well off of 3 words. You just quoted them. Don't blame me for your shortcomings.

Quote:
Ok...lets go back here, you said:

Translation: I find American cars boring.

Notice this is a generalized statement. Not a specific statement against a certain make or model. I agree most American cars are boring. But a few of them are worthy of having. Therefore I don't paint them all one color. You won't ever hear me saying "American cars are boring" when there's a few that are not. Give credit where it's due.
Keep this up and you'll have more swings and misses than the Houston Astros. What else? What I said does not mean that I find American cars boring. You are obviously not a mind reader.

Correct translation: I'm f'ing tired.

The idea that a car actually built in the United States of America is an American car. Another idea that a car which is built outside of the United States of America yet is sold under a historically American brand is an American car. These two ideas which are components of this fierce and persistent debate of whether a car is an American car or not is tiresome. I find the debate boring not the cars. They aren't worth it enough to me to even consider my feelings towards them.

Due to my laziness (and the fact that I didn't expect my comment to have enough power for people to get bothered over), I decided to condense the thought before I started typing. I didn't even finish the conversion as I forgot to add on (notice the lack of a period). I guess I just couldn't be arsed, whatever. I'm quite amused that you gathered all of that out of 3 words which was an incomplete post. You didn't even ask for clarification. Hey did you mean that? Just want to make sure before I throw a hissy fit. You just jumped the gun.

Almost every car is worth having to me. You give me the car for free and I'll gladly take it (and flip it). Thanks for the free money. Whether a car is worth my money is a different story (unless that is what you really meant).

If I truly found American cars boring then I would have actually acknowledged the cars in the videos for what they are. I just said that I'm not interested in seeing a car do a burnout. I never said a single positive or negative word about the cars themselves. So you made another assumption of what I thought of them. I don't care what you think is boring or not.

Quote:
Furthermore you throwing insults over the internet only attests on how weak and pathetic you really are. That's pretty rich of you to talk about assumptions. But then again if you're so weak and have thin skin, it's no wonder why you think I'm an ass.
You call it insults and I'm just calling a spade a spade. One who consistently makes incorrect assumptions, telling me what I do and don't appreciate and then starts a brouhaha. That is definitely a fitting course of events for a bellend. Any more play by play breakdowns of an inaccurate translation? Care to try to tell me what I meant again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive