Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 12:38 PM

68,346 posts, read 54,470,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
I just wish the cops would write more tickets for tailgating since that is the only thing idiot drivers understand.

I feel the same about the idiots who sit in the left lane at 10 under the limit while babbling on their phone as if it's their birthright.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2019, 12:53 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,774,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I feel the same about the idiots who sit in the left lane at 10 under the limit while babbling on their phone as if it's their birthright.
I agree to a point.

But if I'm going 6 or 7 mph over the speed limit and some princeling starts tailgating because he feels entitled to go 10 over the limit... I slow down. Preferably so that he's stuck next to a semi. He'll wait for as long as I feel like.

Old 01-17-2019, 12:59 PM

2,260 posts, read 1,141,135 times
Theres too much pride in this thread. Always with the people that like to punish other drivers. I dont understand how they dont realize saying "Im not giving into him" is just as bad as the tailgaters, and more unsafe. Pride is dangerous driving. People are alot more brave protected by all that metal as opposed to outside the car.

Old 01-17-2019, 01:06 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,086,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
Wiper on the BACK glass will NOT give the desired effect most times due to areo.. I read in a book once that an ashtray full of pennies works everytime.
I don't understand, what do you mean? Does a passenger try to throw pennies back at the offending car?

Old 01-17-2019, 02:41 PM

3,146 posts, read 4,113,647 times
Some of you "punishers" and "retaliators" are scary, f***** up, and downright sociopathic, compared to the tailgaters and speeders.

Old 01-17-2019, 02:59 PM

3,319 posts, read 2,346,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
I agree to a point.

But if I'm going 6 or 7 mph over the speed limit and some princeling starts tailgating because he feels entitled to go 10 over the limit... I slow down. Preferably so that he's stuck next to a semi. He'll wait for as long as I feel like.
You're not the police, it is not your job the enforce the speed limit. If someone comes up behind you, I don't care if they're doing 100, move over and let them go by once safe to do so.

Arguing they feel entitled to go 10 over the limit, then saying "they'll wait as long as I like", shows it is you who has the entitled attitude.

Old 01-17-2019, 03:02 PM

6,739 posts, read 4,429,415 times
Quote:
I had a guy in a Mercedes making a huge ass of himself the other day. Tail-gaiting, road-raging...

I swerved over toward the median past the yellow line and threw up a bunch of gravel. He backed off real quick and kelt his distance

I also have done this. Or at an intersection usually that has collected rocks and gravel there as people turn off.

A co worker of mine told me of a story of a guy following too closely. The guy was right up on his bumper. So the guy behind him, couldnt see anything on the road up ahead. My buddy said he saw a wooden pallet in the lane up ahead, swerving to miss it, in his mirror he saw the car hit it and wood went flying. Keep your distance, your not getting anywhere any quicker.

Old 01-17-2019, 03:02 PM

68,346 posts, read 54,470,554 times
Quote:
I agree to a point.

Notice I said 10 under the limit, big difference. They're the very same folks who'd gladly tell you tailgating is a violation while happily ignoring the law also says keep right except to pass.

Old 01-17-2019, 03:16 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,890,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlinak View Post
Some of you "punishers" and "retaliators" are scary, f***** up, and downright sociopathic, compared to the tailgaters and speeders.
Tailgaters are trying to harm me. It is not sociopaths to respond accordingly. What is sociopath is dangerous and threatening behavior that is engaged only to express ones frustration with their own failure to schedule their life adequately. It is selfish, mature and sociopathic.

Old 01-17-2019, 05:12 PM

2,114 posts, read 2,350,375 times
Like many others, I fail to see how retaliatory behavior resolves anything. You might find yourself with a bullet through your window for trying to get even with the other driver.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive