Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 10:27 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,433,425 times

Advertisements

I'm concious of it. I like to know what's supposed to be around, and what's not. My neighbours are the same way.

Right now I'm anxiously awaiting the firing up of my neighbours '56 Ford gasser he's been building since June. We've been building the headers and exhaust. After that, we just need to put in the racing rad and fire her up.
Well, then we have to weld together the flip front end, but that's it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2014, 10:30 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,897,480 times
My neighbor on the left has a cool 62 Corvair Spyder turbo convertable in real good shape. He had it out this evening. He has a late 80s Ford F-150 and a Plymouth Pacifica.
The guy on the right has a really classic 69 Chevy truck he is working on along with your standard Honda and Blazer.
The guy across the street has a garage full of cool rides, mostly late model, but I like his 72 Olds Cutlass.
I am the odd guy out with my lone 93 Chevy C-1500 but it looks new w/110K on her. I'm in between 2nd cars, I like used Buicks.

Old 09-17-2014, 10:30 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,662,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalorian View Post
One of my neighbors has several very cool classic cars. A '56 T-bird, a '65 Mustang and a couple others he keeps in storage and brings out periodically.

You bet I am conscious with what's in his driveway.

Very jealous too.
Nice, lets switch neighbors.

Old 09-18-2014, 02:06 AM

255 posts, read 451,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris V View Post
I rep some of you guys.

How can I rep you and also leave a comment?
Don't use the instant reputation link at the bottom left of each message. Up in the top right corner of each message there is an icon of scales. Click on that and you can then leave a comment for the one you are repping.

Old 09-18-2014, 03:50 AM

17,624 posts, read 17,690,196 times
I pay close attention to what my neighbors' drive but not for the reason some of you have given. I do this for a neighborhood watch reason. I live in the back area of a trailer park. I've called the police a few times because of strange vehicles at my neighbors' homes or just hanging out within the trailer park. In the cases of vehicles just hanging out, once the police arrived and checked on the people sitting inside, I never saw that vehicle again. That told them they were spotted and the neighbors were not only watching them, but also reporting them and they've moved on to other locations. One time I called for a car at a neighbor's home and it was her adult son who was recently released from jail. I saw him going back and forth to the front and back door trying to get in. In this case, she had told him she had a key hidden under a plant but it wasn't there. She was thankful that someone was watching out for her home and all was good. He was also understanding and glad someone was watching out for his mom. Once I recognized him and his vehicle, I didn't call the police on him again.

The range of vehicles here is surprising. Two brand new Dodge Challengers, a previous generation BMW 3 series, new & old pick-up trucks, a few older Cadillacs (STS & CTS), few Nissan Altimas, and many other makes and models. Oldest car I've seen so far is a decent condition mid 90s Mitsubishi Gallant. Some newer vehicles are in worse conditions. I don't care what my neighbors drive. What they drive is what they like or can afford.

Old 09-18-2014, 05:08 AM

5,075 posts, read 11,079,180 times
Very, VERY much so.

The next door neighbor is an old guy with a bunch of junker cars (he inherited the house years ago and doesn't maintain it). Shortly after we moved in a 5th vehicle appeared in the driveway - an RV - and it turned out his son was living in it because he was "down on his luck" and had no place else to go.

After a few months the RV started attracting a variety of people that looked like they were near death, and the son wasn't looking too healthy either. A few weeks later paramedics came by to haul off one of the guests on a stretcher under a sheet. After this it became clear the RV was being used as a drug den, and the owner of the property admitted that was the case but that he was 'working on fixing the problem'. Unfortunately whatever he did wasn't having much effect and the problems continued to escalate for another 5 months until his son went to jail. As it turns out most of the son's "bad luck" was due to a history of violent and antisocial behavior linked to chronic drug abuse.

There's a lot more to it, but now that we know what kind of activities he permits on the property we keep a very close watch on what is in his driveway, albeit via remote camera as the driveway itself is now fenced and hedged off.

Last edited by mkarch; 09-18-2014 at 05:56 AM..

Old 09-18-2014, 08:12 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,281,778 times
What do you guys think of cars permanently parked in the driveway with a cover on them? Are they perceived as an eyesore too?

Old 09-18-2014, 09:28 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,752,695 times
Our last house we were selling all our neighbors had POS in their driveway. It made it impossible to sell the house for what we thought we could get. The comments were all "wonderful house, don't like the neighborhood".

Old 09-18-2014, 09:42 AM

3,426 posts, read 3,345,635 times
My next door neighbor has a Toyota Highlander. The guy next to him is a State Trooper and brings his cruiser home every day.

Old 09-18-2014, 10:39 AM

15,802 posts, read 20,519,731 times
I live in an afluent condo community. The underground garage is filled with BMW's, Benz's, Land Rovers, etc. My fave car there happens to be a Nissan GTR....that never moves
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive