Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 03:58 AM

6,980 posts, read 5,427,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i am happy for you, as for who would not love to have a demon or hellcat, try me. i am sure they are fine cars, but they are far too expensive fr me to ever consider. i wouldnt consider a new vette, or shelby either. again they are fine cars, but far too expensive. for the money these cars cost, i can build vintage cars to do just about everything the new stuff does, and have money left over to buy insurance, gasoline, groceries, etc. why buy when i can build instead?
No problem with that my friend I to can't afford neither of these cars either . I just like fast American muscle cars and when I see the Demon or Hellcat it just brings back found memories of my teen years growing up in the late 60's and 70's. Growing up in the Metro Detroit area were the muscle cars were born just takes me back to the good ole days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2017, 04:31 AM

3,782 posts, read 4,252,541 times
I grew up in NW Detroit, graduated in '66 and yea, I remember doing Woodward in a Barracuda, stopping at Ted's for burgers and women, then headed down to the Totem Pole and a possible stop at the greenbelt in Royal oak to visit with the girls. But today, I could care less about anything that cannot pull my trailer in the mountains of WY, MT, ID and UT.

Old 08-08-2017, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop View Post
I grew up in NW Detroit, graduated in '66 and yea, I remember doing Woodward in a Barracuda, stopping at Ted's for burgers and women, then headed down to the Totem Pole and a possible stop at the greenbelt in Royal oak to visit with the girls. But today, I could care less about anything that cannot pull my trailer in the mountains of WY, MT, ID and UT.

Old 08-08-2017, 06:02 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,854,718 times
No question that the engineers and marketing people at Chrysler did their homework on the Demon......it is one Hell of a car. They basically set out to one up Ford and GM on a single purpose vehicle, and they sure got people's attention.

I'm basically a Ford guy, but the Demon is one cool engineering marvel. My nephew owned the world record Hellcat for a while, he is now passed on, and he would have loved this Demon. His wife held the record for the fastest Charger too:

The title of “quickest Hellcat car overall” still belongs to John “TopCat” Toutkoushian, who passed away last month after a hard-fought battle with cancer. TopCat’s Hellcat Challenger with the 8-speed automatic transmission ran a 9.46 at 145.50 earlier this year; since then, no other Hellcat car has gone quicker. The video below shows TopCat’s record run from earlier this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsSHOEAADBw

Finally, the record for the quickest Hellcat Charger belongs to Linda Toutkoushian, wife of the late John “TopCat” Toutkoushian. Linda set the record late last year and since then, I have not seen anyone claiming a quicker quarter mile time with proof. Her Hellcat Charger ran a 9.71 at 140.39 miles per hour, making her best time with the supercharged sedan slightly quicker than the new manual transmission Hellcat Challenger record.

Last edited by don1945; 08-08-2017 at 06:12 AM..

Old 08-08-2017, 06:59 AM

6,454 posts, read 9,820,589 times
I get way more enjoyment out of a fast car that no one expects than a factory race car that everyone will want to race lol

People don't expect my SUV to out run mustangs but its awesome when you see the look on their faces lol

Old 08-08-2017, 09:11 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,169,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
They are only going to build 3,000 for the 2018 production year, I assume that they are all ready sold also. It's a car just like the Mustang Shelby 350 GTR they also don't have a back seat.
Yes, the Shelby has no back seat, which is common in sports cars. Neither of my RX7's have a back seat, but they (my cars and the Shelby) do have a passenger seat. This Demon does not. Also, the Shelby has about 300 less HP. That makes a huge difference in drivability and livability.

Old 08-08-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Yes, the Shelby has no back seat, which is common in sports cars. Neither of my RX7's have a back seat, but they (my cars and the Shelby) do have a passenger seat. This Demon does not. Also, the Shelby has about 300 less HP. That makes a huge difference in drivability and livability.
You can get a back and passenger seat as an option.

Old 08-08-2017, 12:05 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,169,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
You can get a back and passenger seat as an option.
Yes, I noted that. Again it will cost an extra $2.00. I still don't see the point of them doing this though.

Old 08-08-2017, 12:22 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
I get way more enjoyment out of a fast car that no one expects than a factory race car that everyone will want to race lol

People don't expect my SUV to out run mustangs but its awesome when you see the look on their faces lol
i agree with this. i too prefer sleepers to known muscle cars. take my old 83 grand marquis, swap in a stroked 460, something around 514ci, making upwards of 550hp, and keep the body stock, but upgrade the chassis, and go have fun surprising people.

the fun thing about a sleeper is that if you lose, its no big deal because everyone expected you to lose. but beat that hot muscle car, and suddenly you become a local hero, and the muscle car becomes a laughing stock.

Old 08-08-2017, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Yes, I noted that. Again it will cost an extra $2.00. I still don't see the point of them doing this though.
Send them a letter and ask them, if you want to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive