Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 06:26 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,169,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
Send them a letter and ask them, if you want to know.
No. It's not that important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2017, 06:42 PM

6,980 posts, read 5,427,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
No. It's not that important.
That's what I thought.

Old 08-08-2017, 07:52 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,854,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Yes, I noted that. Again it will cost an extra $2.00. I still don't see the point of them doing this though.
They did the seat delete feature for the cool factor. Think about it, you buy a car, and it is so race oriented that it only comes with one seat. You can add the second seat for a buck or two, and that just adds to the WOW factor.

Every car forum I am on, people have discussed that seat for a buck thing, so it is accomplishing exactly what Chrysler wanted..........people are talking. Like I said, I kinda lean toward Fords, but this Demon is just badass. Ford has their Super Cobra Jets, but they don't even come with a title and can never be street legalized.

Old 08-08-2017, 08:10 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,169,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
They did the seat delete feature for the cool factor. Think about it, you buy a car, and it is so race oriented that it only comes with one seat. You can add the second seat for a buck or two, and that just adds to the WOW factor.

Every car forum I am on, people have discussed that seat for a buck thing, so it is accomplishing exactly what Chrysler wanted..........people are talking. Like I said, I kinda lean toward Fords, but this Demon is just badass. Ford has their Super Cobra Jets, but they don't even come with a title and can never be street legalized.
I guess some are impressed with that kind of marketing. Just like the "100 Mode." It also seems to me that you'd have to be a fool not to accept the seats for and extra $2.00 so again, as you said, marketing.

One thing I have not yet read... These cars are built to NHRA targets... Can they handle at all?

https://www.allpar.com/news/2017/05/...nd-seats-37641

The picture in the above site seems to show the Demon with narrow front wheels. I would have guessed that answers the handling question, be then it has a claimed 1.8 lateral acceleration. That's an interesting dichotomy. Edit... Wait that 1.8 is not lateral.

Edit: More Interesting. Here is something you don't see on a everyday performance car...

http://www.caranddriver.com/dodge/challenger-srt-demon

"The After-Run Chiller circulates coolant after shutdown so it can continue cooling when parked. With thermal criteria satisfied, get the car into Drag mode by double tapping the SRT mode button, then pressing the high-output button to get the full 840 horses if you’re running high-test fuel. Drag mode disables the cabin A/C, routing its cooling power to the SRT Power Chiller, a device that can drop the intake temperature by as much as 18 degrees by cooling the liquid in the liquid-to-air intercooler circuit."

This much better explains "100 Octane Mode" (actually "Drag Mode") and makes much more sense.

Last edited by blktoptrvl; 08-08-2017 at 08:37 PM..

Old 08-08-2017, 09:48 PM

8,343 posts, read 6,436,914 times
The narrow front tires and wheels are part of the drag package and come in the trunk. !00 octane gas is expensive, you ain't going to idle around town amongst the Toyotas with it. Demons also have a line lock where it locks the brakes on the front wheels but not the back for burnouts at the drags. They also have a trans brake where with that on you floor it as the christmas tree lights come down, and you release a button when the green comes and your off with a violent bang.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive