Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 03:29 AM

5,456 posts, read 6,047,094 times

Advertisements

Reading many of these replies makes me understand why we will never be able to "make America great again".

Old 08-06-2017, 04:28 AM

8,272 posts, read 10,989,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
Reading many of these replies makes me understand why we will never be able to "make America great again".
Correct. Thank you.

In the context that you are stating.

The size of the filling station kind of means that there are a multiplicity of gas stations. One that is full of cars - just go to the next one.

Always amazes me when people will drive 5 plus miles out of there way to save 2 cents per gallon.

Old 08-06-2017, 04:31 AM

666 posts, read 643,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
and what happens when you pull into a particularly busy station where there is no parking away from the pumps? when i hit the pumps, i buy my gas, and if i need to go inside for something, i leave my car at the pump, but i minimize my time in the store. i dont want to be there any longer than i need to be.

Was just going to post this. If the station is that busy, there probably aren't any spots open away from the pump either. If I need to go inside for any reason as well, I will be quick about it but I will do so. What am I supposed to do, head to another store so the gas pump is freed up the minute I am done with it? Someone's else need to be in a rush does not supersede whatever my needs are on that particular day, as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
Absolutely agreed, there are too many folks that are so self-absorbed that they can't even fathom why someone might need to go inside at a gas station. Just mememe.

Old 08-06-2017, 04:41 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Some people are just selfish, and inconsiderate. It has been a trend in society for decades. I have witnessed the decline. When I am done pumping gas, but need something inside the store, I move my car to a parking spot, then go in to get what I need. Takes two seconds.

Old 08-06-2017, 05:58 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,042,231 times
Really I don't think there is any solution to the OP's observations of inconsideration. The fuel business has such a slim margin for the station operator that their real profit comes from getting you in the store. Otherwise they would be out there directing traffic and making sure no one blocked the pumps any longer than necessary. Once again, follow the money. It would be nice if all stations provided enough parking to allow everyone to pump then park but around here some of the stations were converted to convenience stores from small service stations so space is limited.

It seems like in our society we only come together after a crisis, otherwise it's I pay my taxes and I have kids to put through school so I don't have the time or energy to be considerate of others. Really sad but I'm guessing most of us are guilty of this at times in one way or another.

Old 08-06-2017, 08:42 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,605,154 times
This is one benefit of buying gas at Sam's Club, it's pay at the pump only. I bet I haven't been inside of a convenience store in over a year, and I do not have the patience to stand there while the clerk fumbles around trying to find someone's brand of cigarettes.

Old 08-06-2017, 08:42 AM

17 posts, read 29,504 times
For me, the "gas station idiot" is the one who, after fueling, and takes care of their business in the store, needs to get out their cellphone (or paperwork) and then be occupied with that for 10-15 minutes while staying in front of the pump, despite the station being busy and available parking in front of the store.

Old 08-06-2017, 09:04 AM

9,868 posts, read 7,700,279 times
Prepaying for gas forces the driver to go inside before starting to fuel up. Then there is another trip inside to get the change, if he or she wants to fill the tank instead of putting in a fixed dollar amount. I am one of those people who fills the tank and pays cash.

But if I need more time to buy lunch from the store, I move the vehicle to a parking spot.

Old 08-06-2017, 09:04 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,344,993 times
Sorry, while this is inconsiderate and inconvenient for others, it's not nearly as bad as what I witnessed yesterday. Driving home from a gathering about 150 miles from home, I pulled off the highway into a gas station to fill up. As I pull in there is a person SMOKING a cigarette WHILE she may or may not have been putting gas in her car. While I'm filling up, hoping like heck nothing blows up, she's walking around the pump areas. I run in to pay and come back out. She's still smoking. Her car was parked in front of a pump the entire time.

Old 08-06-2017, 09:42 AM

4,833 posts, read 5,734,325 times
Agree with OP. Sure it isn't a crisis just an annoyance.

Usually more common on interstate gas stations. I'll pull in and some car has been sitting there unattended. I'll wait and then eventually get to a pump and observe the owner of said car still not come out. Chances he is either very slow at buying things or in the restroom releasing last nights dinner but please, if you are going to take that long move your car. Many places even have signs in place to discourage that kind of activity
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive