Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2018, 11:40 AM

15,416 posts, read 9,049,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
Yep, two camps, those who follow the law and those who don't.
I'm not sure exactly what your point is. You are aware that it is perfectly legal to drive with your hazard lights on in 38 states, right? So it is possible to drive with hazard lights, and be following the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2018, 03:17 PM

15,427 posts, read 25,795,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Rain is a hazard. Hazard lights are used to indicate a hazard.
No thanks! We can just look out the window and see if it's raining. We don't need your flashers to tell us that.

Old 05-06-2018, 04:19 PM

5,451 posts, read 6,033,033 times
Quote:
I'm not sure exactly what your point is. You are aware that it is perfectly legal to drive with your hazard lights on in 38 states, right? So it is possible to drive with hazard lights, and be following the law.
A perfectly clear thought, I will follow the law where I'm driving, will you? The indication I got from your post is you will ignore the law and drive with flashers on when YOU decide they are necessary. Did I misinterpret your point?

I simply stated, quiet clearly I might add, "those who follow the law and those who don't". If you have difficulty understanding that statement I can understand why driving with flashers flummoxes you.

Old 05-06-2018, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
A perfectly clear thought, I will follow the law where I'm driving, will you? The indication I got from your post is you will ignore the law and drive with flashers on when YOU decide they are necessary. Did I misinterpret your point?

I simply stated, quiet clearly I might add, "those who follow the law and those who don't". If you have difficulty understanding that statement I can understand why driving with flashers flummoxes you.
It's perfectly legal for me to drive with my hazard lights on. I can get in my car on a bright sunny day, turn on my hazard lights, drive until I see a cop. Then drive back and forth in front of him, and there is nothing he can do about it. Other than maybe pull me over and ask me why I'm driving back and forth in front of him with my hazard lights on. Then I could answer, because I feel like it, do you have a problem with that? To which he would answer, no, and tell me that I'm free to continue driving with my hazard lights on.

Driving with hazard lights on is perfectly legal in most places. Why is that so hard to understand?

Old 05-06-2018, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
No thanks! We can just look out the window and see if it's raining. We don't need your flashers to tell us that.
If you run into me in the rain, the accident report is going to show that you ignored my hazard lights.

Old 05-06-2018, 09:47 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,831,231 times
Quote:
Well since that was posted by one anonymous cop on the Facebook page of a little bitty small town police department, it must be true.

If you can't see the problem with stopping your car suddenly on a highway, in poor visibility, and turning on your hazard lights only after the fact, I don't know what to tell you.
Nobody said to stop your car on a highway, suddenly or not. If your car is moving keep your regular lights on; if it's stopped it better be stopped off the road, then you can put your flashers on. If it is disabled on the roadway put on every light you have and run like hell!

Old 05-06-2018, 10:13 PM

8,168 posts, read 8,519,039 times
I don't know about the hazard lights, never noticed that BUT:
Southerners will not move over for emergency vehicles, but if a funeral is coming the other way everyone flips on their lights and pulls off to the side of the road.

Old 05-06-2018, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Nobody said to stop your car on a highway, suddenly or not. If your car is moving keep your regular lights on; if it's stopped it better be stopped off the road, then you can put your flashers on. If it is disabled on the roadway put on every light you have and run like hell!
You have to slow down before you can pull over. If you are slowing down and preparing to pull over because you are having a hard time seeing, then the car behind you will be having a hard time seeing you. If you don't warn the driver behind you in advance, that you are having difficulty and slowing down to pull over, the driver behind you will not have time to react. One second you are both traveling 40 mph, and the next second you have slowed to 30 mph and the car behind you is still going 40 mph, because you don't want to put on your hazard lights until after you stop.

Putting on your hazard lights after you stop is like putting on your turn signal after you make a turn.

Old 05-06-2018, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
I don't know about the hazard lights, never noticed that BUT:
Southerners will not move over for emergency vehicles, but if a funeral is coming the other way everyone flips on their lights and pulls off to the side of the road.
Respect > common sense.

Old 05-07-2018, 03:13 AM

5,451 posts, read 6,033,033 times
Quote:
It's perfectly legal for me to drive with my hazard lights on. I can get in my car on a bright sunny day, turn on my hazard lights, drive until I see a cop. Then drive back and forth in front of him, and there is nothing he can do about it. Other than maybe pull me over and ask me why I'm driving back and forth in front of him with my hazard lights on. Then I could answer, because I feel like it, do you have a problem with that? To which he would answer, no, and tell me that I'm free to continue driving with my hazard lights on.

Driving with hazard lights on is perfectly legal in most places. Why is that so hard to understand?
Wow! Comprehension is something you can work at online.
https://blog.prepscholar.com/how-to-...-comprehension

I understand you completely, where are you not in agreement with my statement?

IF IT IS LEGAL USE THEM, IF IT IS ILLEGAL DON'T USE THEM.

***Yes, I was shouting... as with most ugly Americans, if a person doesn't understand the first time, maybe if you shout it they will gain a higher level of understanding.***
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive