Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2018, 08:22 AM

17,326 posts, read 22,073,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimtheGuy View Post
could be his parent's car.
Here is one asking 12K
https://www.ebay.com/itm/C-Class-C-2...dbSQlP&vxp=mtr

Not exactly huge money.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2018, 08:32 AM

3,631 posts, read 7,675,097 times
What does it matter as long as your order is correct and on time?

I don't invest much thought into the lives of strangers unless it's a situation in which they could possibly come to impact MY life.

Old 07-14-2018, 08:37 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,390,475 times
maybe it's none of anyone's business what he drives...just a thought.

Old 07-14-2018, 08:43 AM

329 posts, read 204,448 times
probably bot it used with 125k miles on it for $3800.

owning a mercedes doesn't mean anything anymore.

Old 07-14-2018, 08:47 AM

6,980 posts, read 5,427,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Agree it’s nobody’s business about what other people drive, or how they take care of their vehicles or how they drive their vehicles.

Old 07-14-2018, 10:02 AM

3,320 posts, read 4,133,121 times
Whether it was his, or a loaner from the boss or parents, I would advise against driving expensive vehicles, including sport and luxury brand cars while delivering pizza, because he will make less money in tips. There are a number of people who would be put off by a pizza guy who drives a nicer car than they have. People are often watching for you when you pull up with their pizza, any unfavorable impression should be avoided. Like if your car leaks fluids and you park in the customers squeaky clean driveway and leave an oil spot. Some people hate smokers/smoking so much, if they see you pull up in your car with a cigarette hanging out your mouth, they might not tip you as much, or maybe nothing because they know you will spend it on cigarettes, lol.

With the sports car thing, it sticks out like a sore thumb. The cops will have an eye out for you, and car thieves too. Not a good idea, and expensive to insure. Lots of poor people will tip you, if they perceive you are one of them, better to drive something that says I'm a Po-Boy. For delivering pizza, better to have a car which blends in with traffic well, a common model which makes it harder for the police to notice you speeding along in it, preferably a light colored sedan, small suv, or econobox car so you can save on gas, like a corolla. Car top signs are a pizza man's worst nightmare, I hated those and it was one of major reasons I quit delivering pizza when they started requiring you to put those on your car. I would rather have some type of cloaking device for my car, an auto-cloak which engages when there are no other cars around.

Last edited by mofford; 07-14-2018 at 10:14 AM..

Old 07-14-2018, 10:14 AM

3,754 posts, read 4,244,443 times
I delivered pizza back in 1993/1994 in my Dodge Stealth Twin Turbo, that was a $40k car back then, which is about $70k in today's dollars.

I'm sure people thought it was my dad's car or something, but the fact of the matter was that my previous car had gotten totaled in an auto accident and the other driver's insurance company paid me $25k, so I bought the Stealth.

Old 07-14-2018, 12:01 PM

14,784 posts, read 8,117,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by callofdutyplayer View Post
What's going on with that? Even if it's C class wouldn't it be too expensive to maintain?

Could have gotten it as a gift from someone like his parents. Yes, it would probably be too expensive...
but who knows maybe he just moonlights as a pizza delivery job apart from his day job.
Maybe he lives in his Mothers basement and has no other expenditures....

I use to work at Walmart years ago, with a man who drove a late model BMW.

Old 07-14-2018, 12:02 PM

14,784 posts, read 8,117,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post

Old 07-14-2018, 12:47 PM

615 posts, read 1,375,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I remember back in the 80's my sister ordered a pizza and the guy showed up in a Vette. He said that the delivery job was a second job and it helped him pay for his car.

It made sense.
I agree, most pizza delivery drivers work evenings and weekends so working at a pizza delivery job could easily be worked around a full-time job. Also, you get pizza to eat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive