Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2022, 11:42 AM

9,868 posts, read 7,702,413 times

Advertisements

lf no liquid spilled, I don’t see how the enzyme-based cleaner could help other than masking the smell with its own added “clean” fragrance. The stuff works well on dog pee in carpet, sometimes needing two treatments.

If any chicken blood etc was on the outside of the package where it contacted the car, the enzymes supposedly work. The labels tout effectiveness on “The Three Ps” as well as blood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2022, 11:48 AM

3,536 posts, read 2,859,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Did you get rid of the body yet?

Drumsticks are a good "story" but..........
First thing that popped into my head was the movie Goodfellas....

Old 04-24-2022, 11:53 AM

50,795 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
First thing that popped into my head was the movie Goodfellas....
I was wondering what would happen if I got pulled over, lol. My niece gave me something called Odoban to try today. Luckily it's been nice enough to have the windows open part way, lol.

Old 04-24-2022, 03:52 PM

4,621 posts, read 2,223,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I was wondering what would happen if I got pulled over, lol. My niece gave me something called Odoban to try today. Luckily it's been nice enough to have the windows open part way, lol.
Have you tried the enzyme cleaner yet? They are designed to break down organic stains and orders like that.

Old 04-25-2022, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankrigby View Post
Have you tried the enzyme cleaner yet? They are designed to break down organic stains and orders like that.
Which one was the enzyme cleaner? The one that you open in your car and let sit there? My niece gave me some Odoban which I tried yesterday. It definitely smells better but still there a little.

Old 04-26-2022, 11:06 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Did you get rid of the body yet?

Drumsticks are a good "story" but..........
Really, what about bleach? That's how those guys with the white van they used to kidnap and murder women get caught. The cops smell the bleach.

Old 04-27-2022, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Really, what about bleach? That's how those guys with the white van they used to kidnap and murder women get caught. The cops smell the bleach.
I think bleach might work if there was an actual stain that was the source, but there were no juices that leaked out. the smell permeates the entire car. Odoban didn't work. I was waffling on the Amazon chlorine cleaner because several said reviewers said it didn't work for more than a few days.

I was reading last night it's possible the smell might never come out once it's permeated the fabrics and seats. The article I was reading spoke of the TV show Mythbusters, where they placed a dead pig in a Corvette for a day, then tried multiple things to get the smell out including having it professionally cleaned. Nothing worked and they ended up declaring the car totaled.

At the end of the Seinfeld episode, Jerry drove the car to a bad part of town, and tossed the keys to a vagrant looking guy so he'd steal it. The guy got in the car and you could see his nose turn up immediately, even he didn't want it, lol. I think it was a BMW too.

Old 04-28-2022, 03:09 PM

I’m here for confession even though this makes me look completely senile, lol. My boyfriend moved my car back in the driveway to get the lawn mower out. He was so disgusted with the smell that he decided to rip everything out of my trunk and clean it out. Turns out the chicken drumsticks were not the only thing I forgot to bring in from the car. There was a bag with two previously frozen bags of shrimp! In the trunk for 6 days! No wonder it smelled so bad, lol. I am not senile yet, but my trunk was stuffed with various things including a bunch of plastic grocery bags. Those 2 bags just blended in too well. I’ll come back and report if the smell goes away. He is cleaning my trunk out as we speak lol. I did order some industrial odor remover but it’s not here yet.

Weirdly, although it was a very strong smell when I would first get into the car, I seem to have acclimated to it at some point during my 45 minute commutes, lol.

Old 04-28-2022, 06:11 PM

11,555 posts, read 53,188,168 times
Check with a local auto detail supply company for a "re-odorant" product.

This is what the pro's use to remove odors from cars. It's probably similar to the "industrial odor remover" you've got on order.

These products do not mask odors with a perfume, they simply absorb them. You may have to spray this product throughout the car trunk and interior of the car; ie, the upholstery and padding may have absorbed the odor. So you may have to remove a back seat to apply this stuff to the backside of the assembly to remove the odor. These are usually effective products, but not necessarily very fast acting if the odor has permeated the interior of the car, ductwork, vents, seat belts, etc.

Old 04-28-2022, 09:52 PM

9,868 posts, read 7,702,413 times
Your boyfriend is a saint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive