Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 09:58 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,696,401 times

Advertisements

for a budget go with the honda Fit, or Civic, and pocket the rest! With the way life is a car. is a car.
It provides you a way to work etc.,.! They also are sports cars! Go for value, not looks! I have a Honda crv 2002, all paid for,
and it is a gem! The cost with a trade in crv 10000. This car, is just that a car! therefore, it goes to Honda for the checkups, sure, upgrade,
why? miles are real low! The second a car leaves, minus, the 4000 or Plus! Toyota is coming out soon with the celica once more, and honda the insite? a sports car, which may help you for the!

Last edited by maggiekate; 03-25-2009 at 10:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2009, 10:00 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Test drive a new VW Passat, German engineering and workmanship, nice quiet comfortable ride, decent power/passing capability, very good safety rating. If you don't want to spend too much on a 2009/10 model check out a 2008. I'd stear clear of the Jetta's though, they are made in Mexico and not as good quality as the German made Passat.
I really did love my '99 Passat, but they just seem to fall apart after a few years. Do you think there's been an improvement in their reliability? If so, they'd probably shoot to the top of my list!

Old 03-25-2009, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiekate View Post
for a budget go with the honda Fit, or Civic, and pocket the rest! With the way life is a car. is a car.
It provides you a way to work etc.,.! They also are sports cars! Go for value, not looks!
Sorry, but I respectfully disagree... or I wouldn't be asking in the first place, and would hang on to my Accord. I'm just the kind of person who loves a nice car, especially since I spend SO much time in mine. To each their own, but I'd rather spend my money on a car, than some of the other things people buy (clothing, dining, partying, houses, etc). Thanks for the input, though!

Old 03-25-2009, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Sorry, but I respectfully disagree... or I wouldn't be asking in the first place, and would hang on to my Accord. I'm just the kind of person who loves a nice car, especially since I spend SO much time in mine. To each their own, but I'd rather spend my money on a car, than some of the other things people buy (clothing, dining, partying, houses, etc). Thanks for the input, though!
Your a dream for the sales person, so maybe try a Bmw, or Lexus! they are not Honda! however, they are costly!
Also, to insure them, may be a wee bit costly also. Also, if you need a loan,
that may be a problem? Check out Lexus! Anyway, I also enjoy a car, but need a roof over my head more! Honda has never let me down!

Last edited by maggiekate; 03-25-2009 at 10:31 PM..

Old 03-25-2009, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiekate View Post
Your a dream for the sales person, so maybe try a Bmw, or Lexus! they are not Honda! however, they are costly!
Also, to insure them, may be a wee bit costly also. Also, if you need a loan,
that may be a problem? Check out Lexus! Anyway, I also enjoy a car, but need a roof over my head more! Honda as never let me down!
As I was saying earlier, my Honda has been nothing but trouble... they are generally good cars, though, so I might give them another chance! Oh, and I'm not really a dream for salespeople, since I bring my hard-nosed attorney sister (or father) to do the negotiating. I thought the salesguy was going to kill my sister when we bought the Honda, LOL. FYI - it was priced at $23,500, and I got it for $18,500 with an above-bluebook trade on my VW. Not bad, eh? So you also have to consider the negotiating process, since there's no chance I'll pay sticker price.

Old 03-25-2009, 10:27 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,992,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Test drive a new VW Passat, German engineering and workmanship, nice quiet comfortable ride, decent power/passing capability, very good safety rating. If you don't want to spend too much on a 2009/10 model check out a 2008. I'd stear clear of the Jetta's though, they are made in Mexico and not as good quality as the German made Passat.
Before you do that, phone your auto parts store and see how much replacement parts cost. Everything is proprietary, from wiper blades to license plate bolts.

Old 03-25-2009, 10:34 PM

Quote:
As I was saying earlier, my Honda has been nothing but trouble... they are generally good cars, though, so I might give them another chance! Oh, and I'm not really a dream for salespeople, since I bring my hard-nosed attorney sister (or father) to do the negotiating. I thought the salesguy was going to kill my sister when we bought the Honda, LOL. FYI - it was priced at $23,500, and I got it for $18,500 with an above-bluebook trade on my VW. Not bad, eh? So you also have to consider the negotiating process, since there's no chance I'll pay sticker price.
Why not do it your self? I have bought cars since 20, and traded them myself! I never, had anyone but me do it! try the new Honda insite!? that might work! Frankly why bring the family all into what you want? And sure if you have an attorney, your sister, she has
no claim it a deal you are doing? That is real strange, and may also hurt you? If I were the dealer, I would say see you! Why not look at what you need,
not wish!

Old 03-26-2009, 12:02 AM
hsw

2,144 posts, read 7,163,796 times
Mercedes C300 or 350; look into $0 down, 3yr leases

Not sure any manual gearboxes (esp w/clutch wear vs SF hills) in <$50K cars are as fast, smooth and robust as latest MB autoboxes (even in spirited driving)

I can't recall if C350 Sport has paddleshifters, so one can drive in manual mode if desired

Nearly all the AMGs have paddleshifters; I drive an '09 CL65 and have never found myself faster or smoother in Manual mode vs Auto mode, even in spirited driving in Woodside mtns...computers are faster/smarter than most human gearbox inputs in today's cars...and the gearbox software is networked w/computers controlling car's stability controls, antilock brakes, etc etc....the traditional manual gearbox is a Luddite leftover, esp in today's tech-intensive MBs

Old 03-26-2009, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsw View Post
Mercedes C300 or 350; look into $0 down, 3yr leases

Not sure any manual gearboxes (esp w/clutch wear vs SF hills) in <$50K cars are as fast, smooth and robust as latest MB autoboxes (even in spirited driving)

I can't recall if C350 Sport has paddleshifters, so one can drive in manual mode if desired

Nearly all the AMGs have paddleshifters; I drive an '09 CL65 and have never found myself faster or smoother in Manual mode vs Auto mode, even in spirited driving in Woodside mtns...computers are faster/smarter than most human gearbox inputs in today's cars...and the gearbox software is networked w/computers controlling car's stability controls, antilock brakes, etc etc....the traditional manual gearbox is a Luddite leftover, esp in today's tech-intensive MBs
Do you need mega money to buy? It really sounds great! That really would be a great car! And if you have an attorney to help,
why not get this great car!

Old 03-26-2009, 06:27 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,565,938 times
Quote:
Do you know of any 4-door "sports" cars?
The Dodge Charger or a Pontiac G6 or G8 would be good choices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive