Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 04:33 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,831,000 times

Advertisements

Never noticed this. But then I bleed the brake lines every time that i do brakes just to be certain that there is no air in the line. So I probably accomplish the same thing pumping the brakes to bleed the lines.

If the brakes are power assited they probably want you to turn ont he car so that you have the power. Perhaps some people would not push hard enough without power.

I offered the car delaer $500 to hold the car until Tuesday when the shop can look at it. I told them that if the shop finds no major problems we will by the car, but if there is a major problem, the need to return the money. They refused. I hope that it does not sell over the weekend. BUt then maybe I do not care that kind of ticks me off. I am telling them that if there are no major problems, the car is sold. They apparantly want to keep it ofr sale in case it does have a major problem and they happen to find somone who will buy it without checking it out. I certainly will not buy any more cars from them (I still need to find an Avalanche or 4 door pick up somewhere).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 09:28 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,407,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
I offered the car delaer $500 to hold the car until Tuesday when the shop can look at it. I told them that if the shop finds no major problems we will by the car, but if there is a major problem, the need to return the money. They refused. I hope that it does not sell over the weekend. BUt then maybe I do not care that kind of ticks me off. I am telling them that if there are no major problems, the car is sold. They apparantly want to keep it ofr sale in case it does have a major problem and they happen to find somone who will buy it without checking it out. I certainly will not buy any more cars from them (I still need to find an Avalanche or 4 door pick up somewhere).
That's cool that you found a wagon that might work, but stinks that the dealer is so intractable on the situation when you offered a good deposit on the vehicle. If there's nothing to worry about, which many dealers claim as nearly every dealer has an "inspected" lot, then they should stand behind that assertion and take your deposit, since a pending sale can bring about a repeat customer if handled properly. Good luck with the wagon!

Old 05-15-2014, 09:15 PM

23 posts, read 42,825 times
This thread is many years old so just wondering what Volvo wagon years and model are reliable now?

I have owned several Volvo wagons in the past and loved them.My 2000 V70 got totaled in a head on collison in 2004 and I've been driving an X-terra since then. I can't buy new so I'm looking at used and even 6 years old has about 135,000 miles. I was thinking about the Volvo SUV but I think most that are up for sale have problems or been in a serious accident. I am also considering a Subaru because I might move to Denver.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive