Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 03:33 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,978,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
Do they still come with remote start standard with the auto? I always thought that was so cool.

Law Enforcement

Awful idea, untested, and easy to steal. I'm sure there are ones for American cars.

I've seen extremely stupid mods on PT Cruisers. I went to a car show in Long Beach where someone put an F'n fish tank in the trunk! Bunch of colorful fish with mist coming out of it. It was insanely crazy and stupid.

Cruisers look extremely dated and get awful gas milage compared to the HHR. Surprised how much HHR's cost though...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 03:47 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,432,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
Law Enforcement

Awful idea, untested, and easy to steal. I'm sure there are ones for American cars.

I've seen extremely stupid mods on PT Cruisers. I went to a car show in Long Beach where someone put an F'n fish tank in the trunk! Bunch of colorful fish with mist coming out of it. It was insanely crazy and stupid.

Cruisers look extremely dated and get awful gas milage compared to the HHR. Surprised how much HHR's cost though...

I have no idea what that link is supposed to tell me.

Oh wait, I get it. It's another post from someone who wishes that all this newfangled gadgetry would go away because of some minuscule chance of something going wrong. Followed by a random and completely unrelated anecdote about fish tanks in cars.

The link doesn't even have anything to do with a remote start system. It's about smart keys.

Old 04-21-2010, 12:47 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,783,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
Do they still come with remote start standard with the auto? I always thought that was so cool.
Yes and I'm happy because I've had a remote start for the last ten years and love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
Hopefully the car will treat you well, I'm glad you're happy with the purchase.
I appreciate that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
Law Enforcement

Don't get it.

Old 07-25-2010, 07:29 PM

1 posts, read 1,175 times
WARNING WARNING

This is the worst rental car I have ever driven. I couldn't see out!!! I had to crouch in order to see stop lights and other cars. I ran a stop sign, and without my 5'2" passenger, wouldn't have known. Full size autos including vans were out of view when driving on the highway due to the review mirror in the line of site. Children in the crosswalks were in danger because of the side mirrors. If you're tall expect an accident before long. This car is dangerous. Lookout for them when driving because there is a good chance they don't see you.

Old 07-25-2010, 10:38 PM

692 posts, read 3,143,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
Dodge Stratus

Thank you for your opinion. We bought the HHR yesterday and it's fun to drive (so far), very peppy. I'll post a pic when I get a chance.

Rapture,

Congrats on your making a choice and sticking to it.

If you bought a new one then you will have many of the things being mentioned here as complaints that have been taken care of ie. window and door lock switches.

I have beeen thinking about buying one for 2 years now as a second car and still haven't been totally convinced. I am a Chevy man to boot.

I drove a new LT 2009 and loved it with a few exceptions that most everybody knows about.

One thing I thought has been overlooked by Chevrolet is the Rear Hatch Door height when opened. Not so on the PT.
I am 6' 1" tall and I have to stoop down to get into the back of the vehicle.
Also the moon roof sits down inside and can be a problem if you have your front seat set too high or if you are much over 6' tall.

I didn't like the width of the front seats in the PT either. To narrow for long trips. I only weigh 185lbs. so it's not because I'm wide in the middle.

Here is a website for you to check out if your interested. I've been a member for 2 full years. Lots of good and bad stuff for HHR owners.

Chevy HHR Forums

Buy the way, 2010 is the final year for the PT Cruiser in it's current form.
There are rumblings they might keep the name and bring it back as a different style or redo down the road.

SilverFox

Old 07-25-2010, 10:49 PM

692 posts, read 3,143,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrilliam View Post
WARNING WARNING

This is the worst rental car I have ever driven. I couldn't see out!!! I had to crouch in order to see stop lights and other cars. I ran a stop sign, and without my 5'2" passenger, wouldn't have known. Full size autos including vans were out of view when driving on the highway due to the review mirror in the line of site. Children in the crosswalks were in danger because of the side mirrors. If you're tall expect an accident before long. This car is dangerous. Lookout for them when driving because there is a good chance they don't see you.

I think your message is a little overblown and it isn't because I don't believe you.

All you have to do is adjust the drivers seat height down a little bit to retify most of the vision problem. Aside from that, 99% of HHR owners are aware of the semi chopped top design and drive accordingly.

Your cheapy rental car may not have had power front seats and therefore probably not adjustable up and down. Then you could have a problem.

Old 07-25-2010, 11:06 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,432,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrilliam View Post
WARNING WARNING

I'm 6'1". I've driven lots of HHR's and never had this issue.

The seat moves up and down, you know.

Old 07-26-2010, 12:09 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,599,299 times
Default Take this with a grain of salt if you wish...

as opinions are subjective, but we test drove one recently and didn't care for it. It was tight inside (narrow) and too low to the ground for our liking and what we ultimately chose. Had very old style flip style arm rests and sub or so-so audio. Tiny glovebox. Didn't like the layout for drink holders etc. We just didn't care for the ride. Plus I never really liked the look of PT cruisers, unless they are a convertible with the top down, in which case they appear more attractive to me.

I really suggest you read actual owner user reviews for the year you're considering online before making a purchase, as they're quite an invaluable resource.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:33 AM

5,228 posts, read 15,304,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
Thank you for your opinion. We bought the HHR yesterday and it's fun to drive (so far), very peppy. I'll post a pic when I get a chance.
Congrats on the purchase!

I looked at the HHR as a replacement for my PT Cruiser, considering the PT was such a versatile car, and I lvoed it for the 5 years I owned it. the HHR is a little narrower inside, but a tiny bit longer, so cargo space should be about equal. The manual equipped one I drove was pretty peppy alright, about on par with my manual PT Cruiser (both of which are considerably quicker than their automatic equipped versions).

Ended up not buying it, but it was due to deciding to tow a travel trailer instead of contine with our old Winnebago motorhome, so I got an SUV that could tow instead. But I really like the HHR.

Those complaining about the visibility need to drive a motorhome or ambulance, or contractor's work van/cube van for a bit.

I kind of miss my PT and woud get another one. Probably the turbo GT Cruiser.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive