Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2014, 01:47 PM

6,069 posts, read 14,784,370 times

Advertisements

One question I have regarding the sightings at the Maldives is, since at least one eyewitness said they saw the colored stripes, and could very clearly see the doors, then why did they not see the large blue Malaysia letters that start at door 2, the second door from the front, and still in front of the wings on both sides of the airplane.

While I can't know what they saw, we do know that eyewitness accounts are not always reliable.

Maybe they did see the plane heading southeast, and maybe it did land at Diego Garcia, and the U.S. is involved in a huge conspiracy, and the satellite company that traced the pings was also in on the plan, so they are giving wrong location information to sabotage the search.

I do hope that one day the mystery is solved. Until then, there will be many opinions of what happened, and any one of them could be right.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2014, 04:18 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,708,450 times
Originally Posted by mag32gie
I still can't figure out how they have discounted the Maldive sightings of a low flying plane with a description that fits and even the time???
At the very least someone should have explained to us the REASON WHY they ruled it out. It's not like just one person reported it, several people saw it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I agree.
That's three of us, still wondering. Many people came running out of their houses in the middle of the night due to the sound and they saw the plane flying really low. I think they saw smoke and they said it looked as though it just disappeared into the sea. I'd like to know what they saw rather than just to say that the accounts have been discredited. What DID they see then? All those eyewitnesses who stood there watching the same thing, saw a plane. I see no reason for them to make this up.

Just to respond to a question a while back, the chat among some of the pilots of major airlines in that area seems to be mainly about the plane being kept somewhere like Pakistan or Afghanistan or? I have no idea why they think this or if they know anything or what the fate of the passengers was. Maybe it's just because they THINK it could happen someday.

Old 04-25-2014, 05:04 PM

15,436 posts, read 25,829,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garthur View Post
I was watching live feed from a news helicopter on 911 as it flew over the crash site of UA93. They identified 2 debree fields 3/4's of mile apart from each other. In the first one you could see the tail assembly and the second one was on oval shaped burning area with thousands of unidentifiable aircraft components. The pundit commented that the only time you see 2 debree fields is when the air frame comes apart in the air or the aircraft is shot out of the air by a missile.

The pundit went on toe say that modern air frames can not be torn apart by pilot inputs, so he said that it had to be a missile.

This video was never seen again anywhere. It's like it never happened. To this day I'm waiting for it to pop up again and it never does.
I'm not sure that that pundit is correct. The 757, though, is an older aircraft than most of the modern aircraft. What he said, could be true of other, newer aircraft, though.

Old 04-25-2014, 07:40 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,953,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Could someone please answer this question, because it's been bugging the heck out of me:

IF the search planes or ships picked up "pings", it's obvious these ships or planes were within range (eg. 5miles, 10 miles, etc) of the boxes to pick up the "pings". Since they've already said with high certainty, the frequency is consistent with the black box...why don't they just limit the search to within the range the detectors can pick up the pings. Based upon that, the range or radius from the detector device to the area where they detected the ping should be a very, very small small search area. More like hundreds of feet, rather than thousands of miles.
The answer to this question appeared in this CNN article and the search area's area only covered a 6.2 mile radius around the area of the detected "ping". If this is true, there's a whole lot of lying going on.

MH370: Narrowed underwater search nears end; officials plan next steps - CNN.com

Last edited by dorado0359; 04-25-2014 at 07:45 PM.. Reason: ...

Old 04-25-2014, 08:03 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,958,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
The answer to this question appeared in this CNN article and the search area's area only covered a 6.2 mile radius around the area of the detected "ping". If this is true, there's a whole lot of lying going on.

MH370: Narrowed underwater search nears end; officials plan next steps - CNN.com
Remember, if the plane crashed in a deep part of the ocean, scanning the area in question is anything but easy.

Ever forget where you parked your car in a multi level parking lot? You search all over looking for it. Ever go to Disney Land? They have a policy (or used to long ago) that if you forgot where you parked your car, you had to wait until closing and then they'd drive you around to find it.

Even one square mile is a large area and that is if it is perfectly flat. Now throw in what looks like hills and such as you'd see on land, just now under water. It isn't like they standing on the flats at Salt Lake City and looking for the one 250ft long plane that stands out.

We have people that disappear in parks with no foul play associated with the disappearance and they aren't found for a long time, that with people who know the area, search dogs, helicopters, police, teams of volunteers and all that.

Sonar is a wonderful tool but it can only "see" so much.

The Challenger Shuttle impacted on the ocean and they knew exactly where it hit the water. It took quite a while to find it and there was no shortage of resources right there within hours.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:30 PM

2,841 posts, read 3,201,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Just to respond to a question a while back, the chat among some of the pilots of major airlines in that area seems to be mainly about the plane being kept somewhere like Pakistan or Afghanistan or? I have no idea why they think this or if they know anything or what the fate of the passengers was. Maybe it's just because they THINK it could happen someday.
Are you referring to US airlines or foreign airlines? If the latter, are they Western airlines or local Asian airlines?

Old 04-25-2014, 11:40 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,618,997 times
News, Is this person right about finding plane?

TONAWANDA, NY (WIVB) – It’s been almost two months since Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 disappeared. Since then, crews have been searching tirelessly for any sign of the plane. A Tonawanda man is lending a helping hand.

Michael Hoebel has been using a crowd-sourcing website, looking at satellite images available to the public, trying to find the missing airliner.

Tonawanda man believes he has link to Malaysia mystery | Buffalo News, Buffalo Weather | WIVB-TV News 4 Buffalo, NY | WIVB.com

Old 04-26-2014, 11:01 AM

6,069 posts, read 14,784,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
News, Is this person right about finding plane?

TONAWANDA, NY (WIVB) – It’s been almost two months since Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 disappeared. Since then, crews have been searching tirelessly for any sign of the plane. A Tonawanda man is lending a helping hand.

Michael Hoebel has been using a crowd-sourcing website, looking at satellite images available to the public, trying to find the missing airliner.

Tonawanda man believes he has link to Malaysia mystery | Buffalo News, Buffalo Weather | WIVB-TV News 4 Buffalo, NY | WIVB.com
If the plane survived impact intact, that would mean that a pilot did a very successful ditching, and since the photo was taken within a few days of the airplane missing, there should have been survivors in life rafts somewhere within a few miles of the airplane, and the life rafts ELT's should have been pinging. Even if it landed without breaking up, it would probably have sunk after it filled with water.

I don't believe the airplane was successfully ditched. I believe it crashed and broke apart upon impact. However, I do think it is worth further investigation.

Old 04-26-2014, 11:47 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,958,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I still can't figure out how they have discounted the Maldive sightings of a low flying plane with a description that fits and even the time???
At the very least someone should have explained to us the REASON WHY they ruled it out. It's not like just one person reported it, several people saw it.
How does anyone know those reports were discounted? Many things have been said that turned out to be inaccurate.

Often, investigations focus on things that aren't actively reported or discussed. The lack of reporting about where an investigation is looking doesn't mean it isn't looking in other places.

Old 04-26-2014, 01:44 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,657,369 times
Quote:
You search all over looking for it. Ever go to Disney Land?
Yes!
Parked in Daisy 13, stayed at Epcot to long and Disney lot closed. It was after midnight and everything Disney had closed up, it was massive, dark and nobody would help us because they were all off duty. A nightmare, very scarey and finally spotted one lone car, very far away. In my fright I had forgotten I had rented a car and started wondering if the lone car could be a serial killer, my little daughter and I started running away from it and then remembered it was my rented car! lol,

After finally finding it, we stopped at a Dunkin Doughnuts to try to calm down and 2 gangs had a big shootout in the parking lot.
We were crawling around on the floor inside to keep from getting shot, what a night...lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation