Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2014, 11:37 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,955,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
What could that mean? It says on CNN's site that the air search might be winding down. What are they even hoping to find at this point from the air They can't see into the water to look for wreckage, and any debris is long gone.
I think Malaysia is getting out what details they can, while they can before any new developments show a further level of incompetence in dealing with the information release process.

CYA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2014, 11:53 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,811,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
I think Malaysia is getting out what details they can, while they can before any new developments show a further level of incompetence in dealing with the information release process.

CYA
I've dealt with huge communication warps but this communication is relative of a "black hole". That and it's endless and knows no boundaries.

Old 04-19-2014, 05:21 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,037,795 times
There comes a point when even the most hard core realists have to accept the cold truth that other possibilities exist besides a crash into the ocean. Yet again, another retraction of an earlier "fact". I have a huge supply of foil. I'll be over in the corner making hats when you're ready to come to the dark side.

Old 04-19-2014, 08:21 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,730,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
Whoah, isn't that what you are paid to do when you join the military - put yourself in harm's way for whatever mission your commanding officer sees fit to send you on?
You think these crews Skipper isn't bitching about the waste of time and added exposure his guys are getting? Never had to worry about men's lives have you. This is a lost cause...They know even it... if some people can't admit it...

Old 04-19-2014, 10:03 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,433,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
Think so eh? Think cover-ups and governments and radical political entities do not exists do ya? The typical "bumper sticker" without thought, without debate, without and reason, response as often found on this site. If you believe this way, then why do we have a CIA? Why come here looking for answers at all, you already have all you need, via the media, right?

And if you want proof for this sort of cover up, look no further then the 1983 Korean Airline shot down by the Soviets and the cover up that ensued.

Nobody is stating anything here as fact. Just theory as it's all we have. But if you think it's so far fetched that some unscrupulous organization could not arrange to purchase a $68 (37.5MGH pinger) And secure it in a pressurized resistant, box, with a 30 day battery and fly it over the location reported in the media and let it drop, you are fooling yourself. Why would anyone do that? Well, you really need to read a little history and you can easily answer that one.

Calm the eff down there, cowboy. I bet you think the government blew up the WTC, free falling towers, and thermite and all that other good garbage too, huh? I've already given my theory: It was hijacked, and I think we'll be seeing this jet again in the not too distant future. Was it terrorists? Maybe. Tin foil conglomorate? Possibly. I guess we'll find out, eventually.

That Korean flight was and still is yaked about by conspiracy theory nuts, so, you'll have to excuse me if I suggest that you be careful with that hat when you're scaring yourself to sleep. They tear easy.

Last edited by Magnatomicflux; 04-19-2014 at 10:11 AM..

Old 04-19-2014, 11:29 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,536,965 times
I just looked up that Korean flight. It was shot down by Soviets, and they did suppress evidence. It's a pretty big leap from that to our government being involved in 911.

If you think the plane was hijacked, where do you think it is? There are so many places it could have landed, but probably not a whole lot where it could have landed unnoticed. Why do you consider it so far out of the realm of possibility that a black box could have been dropped into that location, where they can search but have an 'out'--too much sediment, too deep, whatever. How does your theory of a hijacking factor in the signals they say that they heard from the plane's black box in the Indian Ocean?

Old 04-19-2014, 11:50 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
I just looked up that Korean flight. It was shot down by Soviets, and they did suppress evidence. It's a pretty big leap from that to our government being involved in 911.

If you think the plane was hijacked, where do you think it is? There are so many places it could have landed, but probably not a whole lot where it could have landed unnoticed. Why do you consider it so far out of the realm of possibility that a black box could have been dropped into that location, where they can search but have an 'out'--too much sediment, too deep, whatever. How does your theory of a hijacking factor in the signals they say that they heard from the plane's black box in the Indian Ocean?
The bolded is a big enough loophole to fly a 777 through.

Old 04-19-2014, 12:03 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,037,795 times
I too think we will see the plane again under nefarious circumstances...I have thought this from the beginning & have taken some good natured ribbing from a few people when the subject comes up. As far as how it could have landed (relatively) unnoticed? I don't know...but I believe this is part of a bigger plan that has been in the works for years.

During dinner a few nights ago with friends of mine from the middle east, the subject of course was part of the conversation. There were 7 of us at the table - 2 Americans; 2 Canadian/Lebanese Christians; & 3 Muslims (one Pakistani & 2 Moroccan). I only mention that because, while none of us are aviation "experts", five are people whose opinion on terrorism carries some weight for me. Only one of us out of the 7 believes that plane is in the ocean ( one of the Americans).

The conversation was fascinating to me - all of them spoke of their theories & why they don't think it's in the water. One pointed out that you don't necessarily need a runway to land this plane...just a really long straight highway with no traffic. He said we'd be surprised how many "highways to nowhere" are conveniently sprinkled t/o that region. How far could they fly before refueling if needed; what type of structure could be used as a incognito hangar, motives, etc....

Not once while I listened did I think, "wow what a bunch of conspiracy nuts"...I just thought here's a few folks who definitely come from a different perspective than my safe U.S. upbringing.

I don't dismiss ANYTHING as a possibility.

Old 04-19-2014, 12:12 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgerider View Post
I too think we will see the plane again under nefarious circumstances...I have thought this from the beginning & have taken some good natured ribbing from a few people when the subject comes up. As far as how it could have landed (relatively) unnoticed? I don't know...but I believe this is part of a bigger plan that has been in the works for years.

During dinner a few nights ago with friends of mine from the middle east, the subject of course was part of the conversation. There were 7 of us at the table - 2 Americans; 2 Canadian/Lebanese Christians; & 3 Muslims (one Pakistani & 2 Moroccan). I only mention that because, while none of us are aviation "experts", five are people whose opinion on terrorism carries some weight for me. Only one of us out of the 7 believes that plane is in the ocean ( one of the Americans).

The conversation was fascinating to me - all of them spoke of their theories & why they don't think it's in the water. One pointed out that you don't necessarily need a runway to land this plane...just a really long straight highway with no traffic. He said we'd be surprised how many "highways to nowhere" are conveniently sprinkled t/o that region. How far could they fly before refueling if needed; what type of structure could be used as a incognito hangar, motives, etc....

Not once while I listened did I think, "wow what a bunch of conspiracy nuts"...I just thought here's a few folks who definitely come from a different perspective than my safe U.S. upbringing.

I don't dismiss ANYTHING as a possibility.
Very interesting post. There's nothing like getting a cross-cultural perspective, sometimes. I've always been partial to the original "Central Asian" theory, myself. But the point some others have made that there must have been inside info that tipped people off to the ocean location (US subs detecting something) is also plausible.

Also, don't forget that it's very mountainous in parts of Pakistan, eastern Kazakhstan, and around there, so landing a plane on a highway in mountain terrain wouldn't be doable. Desert regions would work much better. Or an isolated valley between the mountains.

Old 04-19-2014, 12:35 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,433,425 times
Quote:

I don't know where it is. I wouldn't even guess. But like you said, there ARE places where it could land unnoticed. Anything is possible, I guess, but his post was a little out there. My theory of it being hijacked doesn't include pings, because I do not think that anyone has heard squat from this plane.

Are black boxes readily avaliable? Is a $68 dollar "pinger" going to have the ability to send a signal through all that water? And $68 bucks? Really? Did they get this thing from Radio Shack? Someone spent the money to put this Radio Shack pinger in something that can survive being squashed like a tube of toothpaste at the bottom of the ocean? That's no easy task. The US Navy's Bluefin sub can't go that deep without getting crushed, but this thing can? If you're some "unscrupulous organisation", and want the plane, why bother with all that? People will stop searching eventually and be at peace with it simply being on the bottom of the ocean. Give them something to listen to, and they WILL find a way to retrive that thing. But then what? Why hasn't it been heard from again, at all, after the first two times?

If a government shot it down....where is the debris? There are no "miracal on the Hudson" type landings in the ocean, either. If it hit the water, it would have been shreaded to pieces. Something would have been found by now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation