Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2014, 06:45 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,656,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
A 370, I hope they do find it in the water. But as far as the evidence overwhelmingly pointing to a non-conspiracy scenario? Well, you are asking me to take their word for it. I don't see the overwhelming evidence here. I see overwhelming educated best guesses that it's in the ocean, yes.....but until a real bonafide pc of evidence surfaces, I'm not ready to believe that. There have been way too many retractions on all previous reports. I don't understand the ease in which some people are so gullible to accept what's reported to them.
I am starting to have second thoughts too.

Before, I would watch the families and feel so sorry for them, feeling they were grasping for straws because of denial.
Last night after watching the Al Qaeda clip on CNN, the terrorist theory is slowing seeping back in. They were awfully happy about something, maybe playing the long game? MH370 may have been a successful test run? It seemed they were openly celebrating and here we are, now convinced the plane is in the Indian Ocean.
What if it isn't and they really do have it?

Just want to say, I have never been a believer in conspiracy theories,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2014, 07:35 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,296,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuterure2006 View Post
I still say everyone is dead.
Unfortunately, anyone can guess most certain that all people onboard has ended in the same plight as those in Air France tragic. Their search mission sadly is hopefully to determine the cause rather than survivals.

Old 04-16-2014, 07:50 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,227,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
Thanks for saying that because I have been thinking this for a long time. I think the pilot had a heart attack. It's been in the back of my brain but it is time to bring it forward. Malaysia' s communication is still lousy and that doesn't change the fact of 20 days lost.

Edit: senior pilot
That's why there are two pilots. And a pilot medical issue would not turn off transponders and comms.

Old 04-16-2014, 08:49 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,955,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
Sorry, it offends me. I could care less if they have the means to find my body after the fact because they have required better satellite reporting on flight data. What I want to see is a way to prevent this from happening. This is the 3rd flight in which a flight crew member is suspected of going "rogue". I have no idea what the solution is, but the problem to solve is rogue crew members, not lack of reporting on flight data.
Implementing processes or procedures based on suspected behavior by the flight crew isn't realistic for the airline industry to consider.

Given how infrequently this happens, even if "rogue" pilots are found to be responsible, for everything there must be a cost/benefit ratio and while it is often difficult to imagine putting price tags on life, the fact is there is on and it varies according to who is paying.

There is no way to screen against someone having a thought and then acting upon it. Even if that was possible, who would want such a thing?

Old 04-16-2014, 09:54 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,037,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post

Just want to say, I have never been a believer in conspiracy theories,
Lol, I never heard the term til city data, I think it's the only forum I get on besides gardenweb. Imo, it seems to be another overused buzz term thanks to a minority of wackos who really are "out there". I think most who get called that on CD are merely skeptical of what we are told. Rather than creating the entire scenario from start to end, we choose to follow that " believe none of what you hear & half of what you see" mindset.

Old 04-16-2014, 10:30 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,142,186 times
Are we really going to learn much if we find the black boxes.

If who ever in charge was vindictive enough to turn off all forms of tracking for the plane, drop down to 500ft to go under radar, fly around Indoneisa, what makes you think they probably didnt damages or destroy any way to record their voice or conversation in the cockpit too.

If this wasnt mechanical, all the flight data recorded will show is a plane going around airspace, flying very low, then very high, then whatever altitude, before it crashed or landed somewhere. If this wasnt mechanical, and it probably wasnt seeing how the plane flew for almost 7 hrs, I seriously doubt they will ever know the cause or motive behind all this.

Old 04-16-2014, 10:31 AM

29,503 posts, read 14,663,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgerider View Post
Lol, I never heard the term til city data, I think it's the only forum I get on besides gardenweb. Imo, it seems to be another overused buzz term thanks to a minority of wackos who really are "out there". I think most who get called that on CD are merely skeptical of what we are told. Rather than creating the entire scenario from start to end, we choose to follow that " believe none of what you hear & half of what you see" mindset.
That's quite funny, conspiracy theories can be entertaining. And believe it or not sometimes true.

Do you really think people believed there was a secret bunker built under a hotel in West Virginia.. no way right , must be crazy...
The Greenbrier - The Bunker at The Greenbrier

I think the "Underground Railroad" from the 1800's was first written off as a conspiracy theory.

Look up project MK Ultra from the 50's... proven fact

Look up the Project Oxcart from the 60's... another fact...the SR-71 did indeed fly.

So don't believe that they can't be true...

"The truth is out there"

Old 04-16-2014, 11:08 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,770,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post

If this wasnt mechanical, all the flight data recorded will show is a plane going around airspace, flying very low, then very high, then whatever altitude, before it crashed or landed somewhere. If this wasnt mechanical, and it probably wasnt seeing how the plane flew for almost 7 hrs, I seriously doubt they will ever know the cause or motive behind all this.
The BB will enable investigators to rule out things like fire or some mechanical issue. And perhaps when/if the plane was depressurized. But if/when all non-human causes are eliminated, you are right, it is going to be very difficult to figure out what happened between people on that flight. It will be hard to distinguish between a terrorist and a rogue crew member with suicidal intentions.

If this was caused by someone going postal on that flight, there might be something on the voice recording. Who knows, maybe that person was alive to the very end, muttering to himself or something. You never know. Maybe the passengers were alive and desperately trying to break into the cockpit the whole time.

They have to see what is on those boxes. For one thing, Boeing will demand it so they are off the hook for any liability.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:09 AM

102,217 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
They have to see what is on those boxes.
If they even find the d@mn plane!

Old 04-16-2014, 11:13 AM

6,512 posts, read 7,552,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Are we really going to learn much if we find the black boxes.

If who ever in charge was vindictive enough to turn off all forms of tracking for the plane, drop down to 500ft to go under radar, fly around Indoneisa, what makes you think they probably didnt damages or destroy any way to record their voice or conversation in the cockpit too.

Right. There should be information on the Flight Data Recorder that could tell whether the aircraft's movements were deliberate or a due to a mechanical issue. The Cockpit Voice Recorder may or may not have any important information because the recording time is much less and could leave off vital clues to what was occurring in the cockpit. If the recorders were entirely disabled, then the investigation becomes much more difficult. All we can do is wait and see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation