Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2014, 08:30 PM

15,436 posts, read 25,826,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Even if you did find it, they probably wouldn't believe you.
Six people believe they saw it but the big shots say they didn't. I guess they are liars, yeah right.
The Maldives claim bothers me because they said it was really loud, but a 777 is not really loud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2014, 08:42 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayview6 View Post
I think that it is fairly clear that the culprit behind this hijacking didn't want the airliner to be found. The south Indian Ocean is remote and stormy. The odds are probably 10,000 to one that the plane will ever be found given the amount of time since it crashed.
He didn't want it to be found? Why hijack it, then? Only to crash it in an apparent suicide?

Nothing about this case makes sense.

Old 03-19-2014, 08:45 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,703,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
The Maldives claim bothers me because they said it was really loud, but a 777 is not really loud.
hmmm. The other claims about hearing noises like an engine fan sound more like it, what those fisherman heard when they saw the lights as big as coconuts. But maybe to the Maldives observers it was loud compared to what they were used to. I'd like to hear more about why their story has been "debunked."

I believe the fishermen and I believe the people on the oil rig. The man on the oil rig said he saw the plane on fire and he didn't know whether it was coming closer or going away from them. All of them saw the plane flying really low.

Old 03-19-2014, 08:48 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
CNN has just posted this video. It is from the fisherman. According to him, if this was flight 370.. it was flying VERY low. Several ground witnesses claim they saw Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 - CNN.com

Oh, and all the Maldive theories are wrong. ( in that article) It seems like everything is trying to be ruled out, really. It's almost like authorities don't want any answers.
It's odd, but if it's true the plane was going south, not west, then that would rule out the Maldive theory, obviously. Still, those reports seemed pretty convincing. And even if 777's are relatively quiet, to people living on atolls in the middle of the ocean, almost anything would seem loud, and their reactions may have been exaggerated if they were frightened by the plane flying really low. If anyone saw anything at all, that is.

I read earlier today that they were, in fact, obligated to follow all leads and investigate everything, including the background of every passenger. They were still waiting for Russia and Ukraine to respond (I guess they've been a bit busy over there... ) regarding those passengers. But faced with such an overwhelming task, one can see how they might be anxious to rule out the majority of theories, and narrow down the possibilities.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 03-19-2014 at 09:10 PM..

Old 03-19-2014, 08:50 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,169,902 times
use google maps to pick out an ocean such as the indian ocean, then navigate and zoom.

Old 03-19-2014, 08:52 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,812,380 times
This just in.. Malaysia Airlines didn’t buy computer upgrade that could have given data on missing flight - The Washington Post

I already knew that, actually. So now, they debunk all theories. Really? If I personally didn't know better, I would say reputation proceeds trying to find the aircraft. I think that is why the majority of people are getting pissed off. ( Just my 2 cents)

Old 03-19-2014, 08:55 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,812,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It's odd, but if it's true the plane was going south, not west, then that would rule out the Maldive theory, obviously. Still, those reports seemed pretty convincing. And even if 777's are relatively quiet, to people living on atolls in the middle of the ocean, almost anything would seem loud, and their reactions may have been exaggerated if they were frightened by the plane flying really low. If anyone saw anything at all, that is.

I read earlier today that they were, in fact, obligated to follow all lead and investigate everything, including the background of every passenger. They were still waiting for Russia and Ukraine to respond (I guess they've been a bit busy over there... ) regarding those passengers. But faced with such an overwhelming task, one can see how they might be anxious to rule out the majority of theories, and narrow down the possibilities.
good point.

Old 03-19-2014, 09:09 PM

4,210 posts, read 4,462,073 times
One thing I am sure of, there's a "Connie Breen" type out there who knows what happened (see Robert DeNiro), the question is who does he work for?

B-3 Bomber - YouTube

Old 03-19-2014, 09:28 PM

3,135 posts, read 11,897,594 times
CNN is saying objects have been possibly found. Hopefully will be confirmed anytime, aircraft should be in area soon.

Old 03-19-2014, 09:33 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,267,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
CNN has just posted this video. It is from the fisherman. According to him, if this was flight 370.. it was flying VERY low. Several ground witnesses claim they saw Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 - CNN.com

Oh, and all the Maldive theories are wrong. ( in that article) It seems like everything is trying to be ruled out, really. It's almost like authorities don't want any answers.
Off topic - but wow, that water is so dirty/muddy. At first glance I thought it was a sandy beach and the blue sky above it was the ocean. Looking again, I saw it was dirty water and blue sky. I wonder why the water is like that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation