Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2014, 05:38 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,946,875 times

Advertisements

IMHO if it landed it refueled quickly and went back aloft and is somewhere else now

Also no one is taking credit because the plane is not likely the real act here just a potential delivery mechanism

Which kind of takes me to another thought - why would anyone need a commercial airliner - brand new basically at that? It seems there are other pieces of equipment that could be procured more easily - only thought there is a brand new US made modern aircraft inflicting damage would be far more sensational so to speak
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2014, 05:48 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,703,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
We really should take a break, considering that there are much more important things going on in the world, especially in the Ukraine with Putin apparently trying to reconstitute the old Soviet Union.

But I don't know why, it continues to fascinate me more than important issues.

By the way, I tend to believe the Maldives sightings. The very fact that the Malaysian govt has denied the sightings is proof positive that they are true! In fact I think the plane landed on one of those 1192 islands and was quickly concealed by Islamists (the Maldives are a conservative Islamic country). I have no idea why, and that's pure speculation. Or else the plane crashed into the ocean by mistake because of dangerous low altitude flying near the Maldives, and no terrorist group is taking credit because it failed in its mission.
All I can find now on the Maldives sightings is that they have "been debunked" by Malaysian officials. That's all. Many people reported seeing a plane and they even signed police reports but now it's not true? I hope someone else interviews these people if it's possible to even find them and interview them.
I'd believe ordinary people who were eyewitnesses before I'd believe what these governments are saying.

Old 03-19-2014, 05:49 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,651,119 times
Finally, a break! Search for Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Drastically Narrows - ABC News

Old 03-19-2014, 06:11 PM

1,245 posts, read 1,829,398 times
Everybody keeps saying that it was the co-pilot who radioed back "Alright, good night." Seems an unusual expression for a aviation pro to say to traffic controllers. Could be that this informal phrase was tape recorded previously by the pilot and then played backto the air traffic controllers? Probably the co-pilot had been dispatched earlier in the flight. Since this hijacking was so well planned it is certainly in the realm of reasonable possiblity.

Seems very strange that this 27 year old co-pilot who about to marry a good looking successful gal would be spending time dreaming up this evil scheme.

Old 03-19-2014, 06:21 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,538,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayview6 View Post
Everybody keeps saying that it was the co-pilot who radioed back "Alright, good night." Seems an unusual expression for a aviation pro to say to traffic controllers. .
When the plane originally disappeared, no one thought there was anything odd about the pilot saying that. Now, suddenly, it's a RED FLAG--Danger Danger, what could it mean???? They're trying to analyze it to death.

Old 03-19-2014, 06:23 PM

450 posts, read 799,358 times
These Boeing aircraft seem to have a history of diversions because of smoke in the cockpit. Just today a Southwest 737 aborted takeoff at BWI because of smoke in the cockpit.

Old 03-19-2014, 06:23 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
According to this, the plane was headed for Antarctica, then crashed in the ocean. How much sense does it make for it to head to Antarctica? i'll believe it when I see the evidence (of a crash off Australia). I'm reaching burnout with all these theories, contradictions, analyses and revised analyses, denials of sightings, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayview6;
Everybody keeps saying that it was the co-pilot who radioed back "Alright, good night." Seems an unusual expression for a aviation pro to say to traffic controllers
It is unusual, and departs from protocol. That was noted in the beginning, though not emphasized. They've also said they're not 100% sure it was the co-pilot's voice, and not someone else's (unidentified hijacker).

Old 03-19-2014, 06:26 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,775,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
According to this, the plane was headed for Antarctica, then crashed in the ocean. How much sense does it make for it to head to Antarctica? i'll believe it when I see the evidence (of a crash off Australia). I'm reaching burnout with all these theories, contradictions, analyses and revised analyses, denials of sightings, etc.

It is unusual, and departs from protocol. They've also said they're not 100% sure it was the co-pilot's voice, and not someone else's (unidentified hijacker).

I am reaching burnout on following this as well! I admit, I'm kinda obsessed with this case, but the media and reporting of this is just over the top and bordering insanity now. Every single "break' turns out to be nothing. And the nothing comes from lies, to silence, to nothing more then pure speculation.

Old 03-19-2014, 06:32 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
I am reaching burnout on following this as well! I admit, I'm kinda obsessed with this case, but the media and reporting of this is just over the top and bordering insanity now. Every single "break' turns out to be nothing. And the nothing comes from lies, to silence, to nothing more then pure speculation.
Yup. Well, I guess the Antarctica & Oz crash theory fits into those two arcs they came up with, though. At least it's not too much out in left field. Who knows why they would have tried to fly to Antarctica, though. Just another bizarre aspect of the whole thing.

Old 03-19-2014, 06:34 PM

1,245 posts, read 1,829,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

It is unusual, and departs from protocol. That was noted in the beginning, though not emphasized. They've also said they're not 100% sure it was the co-pilot's voice, and not someone else's (unidentified hijacker).
Just seems like the expression and the calm voice could have been at the end of a telephone converstion. Eventually, the voice will be confirmed to be the co-pilot's voice or not by voice analysis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation