Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2014, 02:58 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,854,718 times

Advertisements

I have to wonder what the crew was thinking was going on during those hours when the plane was just flying along. The Stewardesses obviously had traveled the usual route many times and had to know something was up. Have to wonder if they kept serving food and beverages as usual.

How long was the regular trip supposed to take ? I don't think I have heard that on the news. Why I ask is, if the normal flight was only supposed to take a few hours and now they were flying along for 5-6 hours, wouldn't the crew and passengers know something was wrong ?

Don
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2014, 03:02 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,207,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I have to wonder what the crew was thinking was going on during those hours when the plane was just flying along. The Stewardesses obviously had traveled the usual route many times and had to know something was up. Have to wonder if they kept serving food and beverages as usual.

How long was the regular trip supposed to take ? I don't think I have heard that on the news. Why I ask is, if the normal flight was only supposed to take a few hours and now they were flying along for 5-6 hours, wouldn't the crew and passengers know something was wrong ?

Don
If the aircraft went to 45000 feet as once suggested, and the aircraft was depressurized and only the pilot had an oxygen mask on, the passengers and crew would all have died or been incapacitated.

Old 03-19-2014, 03:34 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,397,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
If the aircraft went to 45,000 feet as once suggested, and the aircraft was
depressurized and only the pilot had an oxygen mask on, the passengers
and crew would all have died or been incapacitated.
Well, that was the personal opinion said by John or Jim Nance, the Aviation consultant for
years on ABC's Good Morn America...when asked by George Stepanopolus.
Guess what, he never said it AGAIN!

I'm sure producers said," You can't say that when relatives are listening!!!

My mouth dropped! He said that is the only reason he could think of was to kill the passengers.
Whoa...he isn't a diplomat or prof reporter...just an old pilot with a lot of experience.

Any govt can say anything they want to the public...we know pretty much nothing.

Old 03-19-2014, 03:41 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,854,718 times
How long into the trip did that 45,000 foot accent occur ? I thought I heard it was hours into the flight.

Don

Old 03-19-2014, 03:46 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,207,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
How long into the trip did that 45,000 foot accent occur ? I thought I heard it was hours into the flight.

Don
Maybe when they started to get restless.

Old 03-19-2014, 03:50 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,238,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
On Fox, they had a former general on interview who has close ties to the Pentagon and Israelis. He gave strong indication that we know what happened to the plane as does Israel. He indicated news would begin to come out over the next 24-48 hours. He indicated, without actually saying, it's in Pakistan and our government was giving them very little more time to pony up and fess up.
Jesus, is there anything that comes from Fox News that isn't a pile of BS?

Yeah sure, Pakistan has it. We don't even know who the hell killed Tupac in a crowed Las Vegas Strip full of witnesses but somehow we know where the needle is in the haystack.

Old 03-19-2014, 04:27 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,957,323 times
I believe the plane crashed and everyone aboard was killed. If there was a chance of survivors, information from the intelligence gathering agencies would have been leaked to those searching and the plane would have been found. The location could be leaked without revealing how that information was obtained.

All the theories about piracy and hijacking don't pass some very simple logic tests. Right now everyone is looking for a reason to take the attention off of Russia and Crimea. Woe would be the country that allowed the 777 to land and then not immediately disclose that fact.

The talk about the pilot's flight simulator computer software doesn't wash. Lets not forget that he was flying for an airline in Asia, what was he going to do, practice for an Antarctic landing? Of course he'd go over routes and so on for all major water and land areas in Asia. Common sense.

Then about Diego Garcia. The US has a communications base there and it is used to launch B52, B1 and Stealth bombers which are nuclear capable. The 777 didn't land there. Can you imagine the global upheaval if it landed there and the US said nothing? The 777 couldn't begin to approach Diego Garcia without being noticed. With all the political ramifications surrounding the Russian/Ukraine and sanctions, the Russians would have a field day if the plane even got close to Diego Garcia and the US said nothing.

The plane crashed. Why and where is the question.

Old 03-19-2014, 05:00 AM

2,234 posts, read 3,322,805 times
Here's what I know, Nothing!

Every bit of information released to the public from the Malaysia authorities has been and maybe again corrected. We know nothing. Most of the countries taking part in the search have been getting more and more irritated with Malaysia and have started to pull back assets in the search.

All that we do seem to know for sure is that the MH370 never made it to its schedule destination.

Old 03-19-2014, 05:06 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,192,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yowps3 View Post
What i am surprised by is the very low level of coverage this event has received in the mainstream media.
It is on every newscast.

Old 03-19-2014, 05:08 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,656,991 times
If they aren't searching here, there is something very wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation