Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2014, 06:53 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times

Advertisements

Well, here, the plot thickens. . According to the article below, Malaysia's gov't officials may have already examined the crash site (?!) , said to be near the Malaysian island of Pulau Perak (Silver Island), Malaysia's westernmost point.

MH370: Did authorities visit crash site today (Tuesday) | Plane Talking

Earlier today the official narrative on the search for MH370 began to fall apart. As it did intelligence sources in Europe and the US were briefing their media that the loss of the flight did not look like the work of terrorists, although reporters were cautioned not to completely dismiss the possibility of evidence to the contrary emerging.

That advice has dire potential for Malaysia Airlines on legal and commercial levels. Those risks to be fair to the airline remain to be resolved, despite the Malaysia police chief making the startling and unprompted declaration earlier today (Tuesday) that the mental state of passengers and crew on MH370 was being investigated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2014, 07:18 PM

3,135 posts, read 11,897,594 times
How many hours do the recorders on the 777 record for? Will they have the entire flight? I remember on the FedEx flight where a pilot tried to crash the plane as a suicide and for his family to collect millions in insurance, he tried to kill the data recorders by turning off the breaker. Hopefully you can't easily disable this anymore. I believe the recorder also recorded for 30 minutes and rewrote over old data. This was a DC10 if I recall.

Old 03-11-2014, 07:26 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,024,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
Excuse my ignorance, but why was the young Iranian man on a plane flight from Malaysia airlines, when he wanted to visit his mother in Germany? Totally different route?! My guess if he went into South East Asia to buy the passport, and the return home to Iran, from where he would continue to Germany.

Thanks in advance, but I see it as odd and that is the only explanation I could gather.
You need a visa to go to Germany if you are Iranian.
He wanted to get to germany to ask for Asylum.

Malaysia Airlines would not have let him on the place if he did not have a visa to go to Germany with an Iranian passport, so he bought a stolen european passport (no visa needed to get back to Europe).

Makes sense now?

Old 03-11-2014, 07:30 PM

95 posts, read 320,598 times
This entire thing smells like a cover up to me. Why, 3 days later, are we just finding out about the military radar picking up the signal over a completely different body of water? What was the point of 3 days of searching in the other body of water if this wasn't even the last known location?? Too many questions, not enough answers.

Also, was the plane picked up by Indonesian radar on the other side of the strait? Could the plane have flown to a secret air strip on an island somewhere?

Old 03-11-2014, 07:38 PM

65 posts, read 121,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RisingSun361 View Post
I have a question. If the plane changed course and flew westward for at least an hour, as the following image shows, then why did the authorities begin their search in the South China Sea (east of the Malay peninsula) instead of the Straight of Malaca?
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...92_634x432.jpg

According to this news article, the report of the plane flying over the Strait of Malaca was just a "possibility", not a reality. The article states "jet may have turned back but not detected".

Old 03-11-2014, 07:39 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post

Malaysia Airlines would not have let him on the place if he did not have a visa to go to Germany with an Iranian passport, so he bought a stolen european passport (no visa needed to get back to Europe).

Makes sense now?
Not really. If you are on a stolen passport why risk going through a Chinese immigration check to get to Europe? Did they have China to Germany tickets?
Malaysia to Germany via China would be like Chicago to Germany via Ecuador.

Old 03-11-2014, 07:49 PM

1,107 posts, read 3,072,391 times
After watching the news and now the new details about the flight going over the country again without being detected. Has anyone bothered to check Beijing airport to see if the flight landed OK? Makes perfect sense after what I just heard.

Old 03-11-2014, 08:07 PM

4,204 posts, read 4,692,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Not really. If you are on a stolen passport why risk going through a Chinese immigration check to get to Europe? Did they have China to Germany tickets?
Malaysia to Germany via China would be like Chicago to Germany via Ecuador.
They asked Travel Agent to look for cheapest ticket. This route via Beijing was having cheapest ticket.

Old 03-11-2014, 08:16 PM

1,529 posts, read 1,728,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
I'm doing my part to help look!

Tomnod
Sorry. Not sold on crowd sourcing after all the bad leads after the Boston bombing.

Old 03-11-2014, 08:18 PM

1,529 posts, read 1,728,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post

Makes sense now?
I spent four years in Malaysia. Malaysia is a very easy country to go to for Iranians. I knew many who escaped Iran to avoid military service or other issues with the hopes of migrating to Australia or Canada.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation