Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2014, 07:32 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,850,179 times

Advertisements

A good read regarding the missing Malaysia 777:

"Idiocy and possibilities- Malaysia Airlines"

THE STUFF OF LIFE!: [Updated 3-15-14 1:42 pm] IDIOCY AND POSSIBILITIES IN ACTION - MALAYSIA AIRLINES

Interesting that there are 634 formal runways that could have accommodated the Malaysia 777. You'll see the link to this story in the article I linked above. This whole incident is just baffling.

-Cheers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2014, 07:37 PM

7,639 posts, read 8,711,366 times
Reports say the pilot's wife and 3 children moved out of their house the day before the incident. Link

Old 03-15-2014, 07:51 PM

31,910 posts, read 26,989,302 times
Years ago an Air Egypt flight crashed killing all aboard (IIRC it plunged into an ocean) in which the co-pilot was suspected of committing suicide. What that mystery ever solved?

Old 03-15-2014, 07:51 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
2 of our Navy Seals have been found dead, per what news source? What is "What Does It Mean.com"? It looks like a conspiracy theory site. How did they get supposed reports from the Russian gov't? What happened to the plane and the passengers after the supposed cargo was supposedly off-loaded?

The Uighur theory at least has the advantage of fitting in with the WSJ report earlier this week about a group claiming the incident was related to earlier Uighur issues and Chinese gov't action against Uighurs. And why would a BBC reporter tweet about it if it weren't true? He didn't have to tweet anything, if something were being covered up.
Yes, two Navy Seals were found dead...from alleged "drug overdose". Whatever. That was posted in the Politics forum...some believe it, hook, line, sinker. Others? Not so much.

This is the first that I've heard of anyone making a connection between those deaths and anything else going on in the world, however.

As far as the site, when they added a video stating that the plane did not actually hit the Pentagon on 9/11, they lost all credibility with me.

Regardless, looking at outside news sources, from other countries, is not a bad idea. You think the American media tells us anything? I have to go to other countries' news channels to figure out what is going on here, because I sure as heck am not going to learn anything from our biased media. (That goes for every single channel out there. All of them.)

Anyway, in regards to this whole lost plane...I'm actually going from wonder to getting irritated. Stop toying with us and just tell us wth happened to the plane. This is absurd. I don't believe, for one second, that some official somewhere doesn't know precisely what happened, and I'm getting tired of the run around. That's all its been for the past week is rumors, false statements, retracted statements, statements said again, information withheld, it's over here, it's over there, it did this, it did that, no it went over there, no signal here, wait a signal there....seriously. Enough of this. Just tell the public what the hell happened.

Old 03-15-2014, 08:09 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
and, for what it's worth, my husband's pilot contacts in that part of the world who said it was a hijacking are also still saying the plane is probably on land.

Round and round we go.

Old 03-15-2014, 08:22 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,424,662 times
Most likely the plane crashed and everyone on board was killed.

Old 03-15-2014, 08:24 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
Is it possible that they are being so vague and evasive and contradictory because they know the whole world is watching, even the hijackers? Isn't it possible that there are goings on behind the scenes that the investigators don't want known? Maybe they are up to something, and we should wait and see (and hope).

Old 03-15-2014, 08:28 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,445,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
Is it possible that they are being so vague and evasive and contradictory because they know the whole world is watching, even the hijackers? Isn't it possible that there are goings on behind the scenes that the investigators don't want known? Maybe they are up to something, and we should wait and see (and hope).
Right. If there is any indication that the plane might have landed, the last thing any international government wants is the news getting out. Part of me hopes (however unrealistic) that this is why the US government has been feeding the Indian Ocean so heavily to the media. If they think the plane potentially landed on the boarder of Kazakhstan and China, which I've heard several times from various news outlets, then they want to actually divert as much media attention AWAY from that possibility as possible.

Old 03-15-2014, 08:30 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,424,662 times
Here's the article about the recorded seafloor event in the ocean after the flight dropped out of sight.

Malaysia Airlines missing plane at the bottom of the Indian Ocean - Yahoo!7

Old 03-15-2014, 08:50 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
IF the plane was hijacked in relation to ethnic politics in China, it almost seems reasonable that the people involved in the investigation would want to wait until they were really sure of their facts before making an official, world-wide statement. That would be the prudent thing to do, anyway, given all the wild speculation and ensuing confusion that's gone on until now. China would not be pleased to find out that Malaysia bungled an investigation after "allowing" a "terrorist" (in China's view) hijacker onto the plane. Although it was also a Chinese flight. But still, there would be political ramifications, given how tense China's been about this from the start. China has already accused the Malaysians of incompetence in the matter. It's not going to get any better.

The latest BBC report said the plane flew NW, and investigators are asking for radar reports from Himlalayan nations and everyone else in the path of a general NW flight trajectory. If the plane didn't crash en route to wherever it was going, the question in my mind is: were the passengers alive the whole time? Did they die when the plane was taken to 45,000 feet? I'd like to hope everyone's still alive.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation