Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2017, 10:22 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshab767 View Post
As a retired united flight attendant I am saddened that this occurred but as we have seen lately anytime police/security get involved things will end badly. Mr. Dao violated an FAR (federal aviation regulation) by not complying with the crew members instructions. Unfortunately the airlines are penalized for late departures and at the last minute a crew needed to be positioned to Louisville to prevent a down-line flight from cancelling. When no one volunteers to take the money then the computer will pick the cheapest ticket holders to get involuntarily bumped with compensation. The airlines must overbook to fill seats of no shows. The flight was not even a United aircraft but a regional flight flying under United colors. A feeder airline paid to transport passengers from smaller cities to major hubs. Sadly since the merger with Continental United is no longer the proud company of yesterday. It is riddled with strife i.e., poor management, antiquated reservation system and unfair treatment of legacy United employees. I can only pray the public will recognize this for what it is yet another example of violence from the very ones that are suppose to protect people. Can"t we all just get along for Christ's sake.
So, I am curious what your take is on all the legal experts opinions that the crew members instructions did not conform to federal regulations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2017, 10:35 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
This discussion has outlived any value it might have ever had. To be honest, I simply don't care who they are, what they do or anything else, but the dork who pulled Dao out of the seat did not seem to me like he was a trained police officer. But from now on I will allow you to be the resident expert on Chicago Airport security guards.
And you can pretend to be the expert on everything else, and when someone proves you wrong, come up with a convoluted interpretation followed by feigned disinterest in the topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamer1 View Post
Don't get trolled, bro.
Good advice!

Old 04-18-2017, 10:39 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:
As a retired united flight attendant I am saddened that this occurred but as we have seen lately anytime police/security get involved things will end badly. Mr. Dao violated an FAR (federal aviation regulation) by not complying with the crew members instructions. Unfortunately the airlines are penalized for late departures and at the last minute a crew needed to be positioned to Louisville to prevent a down-line flight from cancelling. When no one volunteers to take the money then the computer will pick the cheapest ticket holders to get involuntarily bumped with compensation. The airlines must overbook to fill seats of no shows. The flight was not even a United aircraft but a regional flight flying under United colors. A feeder airline paid to transport passengers from smaller cities to major hubs. Sadly since the merger with Continental United is no longer the proud company of yesterday. It is riddled with strife i.e., poor management, antiquated reservation system and unfair treatment of legacy United employees. I can only pray the public will recognize this for what it is yet another example of violence from the very ones that are suppose to protect people. Can"t we all just get along for Christ's sake.
The United employees involved are not "crew members" with respect to the FARs. that in reserved for member of the airplane crew in flight. None were and the pilot kept out of it. You need to pay attention to the details.

Old 04-18-2017, 11:07 PM

3,137 posts, read 2,708,806 times
Quote:
First world problems.

They can boot anyone for any reason. It's just bad business to do so.
So an elderly man getting beaten up is a "first world problem"?

And many lawyers would disagree with you that an airline can boot a seated passenger for just "any reason" as you put it.

Old 04-18-2017, 11:09 PM

3,137 posts, read 2,708,806 times
Quote:
As a retired united flight attendant I am saddened that this occurred but as we have seen lately anytime police/security get involved things will end badly. Mr. Dao violated an FAR (federal aviation regulation) by not complying with the crew members instructions. .
It's not going to end badly for Mr. Dao when he gets awarded millions in his lawsuit settlement.

And he has what they call a "slam dunk" case. That means it's an easy win.

Your experience working on the airline notwithstanding.

Old 04-19-2017, 12:04 AM

2,211 posts, read 1,574,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
So, I am curious what your take is on all the legal experts opinions that the crew members instructions did not conform to federal regulations?
See, the only problem there is that cops "Hulk SMASH!" if you make them mad. Doesn't matter what you say.

Its wrong, I'm just sayin'.

Old 04-19-2017, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassity22 View Post
It's not going to end badly for Mr. Dao when he gets awarded millions in his lawsuit settlement.

And he has what they call a "slam dunk" case. That means it's an easy win.

Your experience working on the airline notwithstanding.
I am really not so sure that he does. Mr. Dao created a hazard by delaying everyone else on that flight, is his money better than theirs? And he did not comply.

He can't profit from a crime.

Old 04-19-2017, 02:10 AM

600 posts, read 567,030 times
Quote:
I am really not so sure that he does. Mr. Dao created a hazard by delaying everyone else on that flight, is his money better than theirs? And he did not comply.

He can't profit from a crime.
Crime? He paid for his ticket. You can't kick someone out just because your employees missed their flight and you needed to clear some space.

The only crime here is knocking his 2 front teeth out and giving him a concussion because he didn't want to give up his seat to whitey.

Mr. Dao is the modern day Rosa Park. Difference is, Rosa Park didn't get knock the f*k out for standing her ground.

The flight wasn't "overbooked". It was their employees who missed their own flight and needed a ride. It was a last minute change. Not Mr. Dao's fault. The employees who missed their flight should have waited for the next one.

Mr. Dao paid and was seated. He did nothing wrong. If no one volunteered to give up their seats for the "special white employees". then too bad.

Old 04-19-2017, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taimaishu View Post
Crime? He paid for his ticket. You can't kick someone out just because your employees missed their flight and you needed to clear some space.

The only crime here is knocking his 2 front teeth out and giving him a concussion ecause he didn't want to give up his seat to whitey.

Mr. Dao is the modern day Rosa Park. Difference is, Rosa Park didn't get knock the f*k out for standing her ground.

The flight wasn't "overbooked". It was their employees who missed their own flight and needed a ride. It was a last minute change. Not Mr. Dao's fault. The employees who missed their flight should have waited for the next one.

Mr. Dao paid and was seated. He did nothing wrong. If no one volunteered to give up their seats for the "special white employees". then too bad.
Actually. They CAN kick you off....

Mr. Dao messed up when he did that. And he's an inconsiderate jerk for holding up that plane... illegally.

Old 04-19-2017, 05:43 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tassity22 View Post
So an elderly man getting beaten up is a "first world problem"?

And many lawyers would disagree with you that an airline can boot a seated passenger for just "any reason" as you put it.
The guy didn't get beat up. He hit his face on the armrest. There's a difference. Why do you keep twisting what happened by saying he got beat up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation