Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 06:48 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,717,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustthere View Post
So here I am, exactly what the state is trying to attract and retain. I am a college educated indivudual in my lower 20s with a deep desire to live and work in the Bangor area. Call me crazy, but I think Bangor is a great place to live and has a lot of potential in its future. That said, WHERE ARE THE JOBS? I have been looking for a decent job for quite some time and have not found much at all to apply to. My degree is in Marketing from the University of Maine, but I am open to all sorts of career-track job opportunities. Am I being overly optimistic? There has to be at least SOME promising employment opportunities for someone like me in the area... I would like to think I'm a desirable candidate as I am young, motivated and would be a breath of fresh air in the areas rapidly aging work force. Am I looking in the right places? Does anyone have any insight into some promising companies or employment opportunities around Bangor? Any help would be very appreciated.
Ok, first I have to say that nothing this state does speaks to the first line in your question..

My honest opinion is that all this state does is to seek the demographics that support increased government programs, increased federal support, and an increased population of folks exactly NOT like you!

I mean there are jobs.. but you will have to work exttra hard to get one.. and I hope you do. I appreciate what you bring and I wish more people like you cam here.. but I felt the need to point that out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2010, 07:18 PM

37,452 posts, read 61,366,570 times
Quote:
I DID IT!!!!!!!!! sorry to bring up an older thread, but I would like everyone to know that after months of searching, I have just been offered a professional, non-retail full time job with excellent benefits and career advancement opportunities. My perseverance and hard work has paid off and I am looking forward to starting fresh in the Bangor area. This state still has hope and I am thankful to get to live in such a great place. Thank you for all your input and advice! ...
Great!

Old 09-21-2010, 11:50 AM

3,638 posts, read 6,166,537 times
Quote:
I DID IT!!!!!!!!! sorry to bring up an older thread, but I would like everyone to know that after months of searching, I have just been offered a professional, non-retail full time job with excellent benefits and career advancement opportunities. My perseverance and hard work has paid off and I am looking forward to starting fresh in the Bangor area. This state still has hope and I am thankful to get to live in such a great place. Thank you for all your input and advice! All I need is a place to live. Any suggestions for nice pet friendly apartments in the area?
CONGRATULATIONS! It's good to hear. I'm not sure about pet friendly apartments, but www.bangordailynews.com may be a good place to start.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:17 AM

2 posts, read 1,830 times
You have a degree in marketing so make a market. You seem to want to latch on to someone elses market and do not want to venture to your own market. Development will make an area grow and Bangor is a palce to build a market that does not comply with the world's market out there. You have a choice to go down the path society is on now or show how dynamic you are and make it better. The president can influence society if people give that president control but if you have learned and earned a marketing degree let Bangor see who you can be and how you can make good developments in the city. I say do not bank on money but goodness developed in people. Money does not need to be the carrot we follow and money does not need to be all a marketer can use to market. Think about what you want and go for it and make it happen.......dont look for someone else's (the world's) market. Keep the natural beauty in Bangor! Money kills trees and has not human value for survival and is not the only thing to market.

Old 09-17-2012, 06:17 PM

3,638 posts, read 6,166,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49suzanne View Post
You have a degree in marketing so make a market. You seem to want to latch on to someone elses market and do not want to venture to your own market. Development will make an area grow and Bangor is a palce to build a market that does not comply with the world's market out there. You have a choice to go down the path society is on now or show how dynamic you are and make it better. The president can influence society if people give that president control but if you have learned and earned a marketing degree let Bangor see who you can be and how you can make good developments in the city. I say do not bank on money but goodness developed in people. Money does not need to be the carrot we follow and money does not need to be all a marketer can use to market. Think about what you want and go for it and make it happen.......dont look for someone else's (the world's) market. Keep the natural beauty in Bangor! Money kills trees and has not human value for survival and is not the only thing to market.
Post #40:

"I DID IT!!!!!!!!! sorry to bring up an older thread, but I would like everyone to know that after months of searching, I have just been offered a professional, non-retail full time job with excellent benefits and career advancement opportunities. My perseverance and hard work has paid off and I am looking forward to starting fresh in the Bangor area. This state still has hope and I am thankful to get to live in such a great place. Thank you for all your input and advice! All I need is a place to live. Any suggestions for nice pet friendly apartments in the area?"

I hope he or she is still doing well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area