Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Attending a Maine Meet in Bangor, Maine
I'm interested. Near the End of August would be better 6 18.18%
I'm interested. The Beginning of September would be better. 19 57.58%
I need a different month to attend. 7 21.21%
I'm not really interested. 3 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 06:23 AM

612 posts, read 1,215,907 times

Advertisements

Peachie,

Thanks. I will look forward to seeing the pictures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2008, 07:18 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,336,890 times
Default Only 24 counting days till Bangor Meet.

Twenty four Days (24)
......before our Bangor meet at the Sea Dog at 12:30

In case you haven't requested time off or need to make sure that you arrange a "Dog Sitter" for the afternoon, this is a simply reminder.

Please ...DM me also if your bringing anyone.
So when the call is made to the Sea Dog, we have a pretty good head count on the total for them for seating.

We are up to 22 (with out a guest)

Should be great turn out.

Just let me know if your coming alone like me... or if your bringing spouse or other with you,
.... just so their is a chair waiting for them too.
Don't feel like your the only one shy about coming... I'm shy about coming to the meet. I will only Know a handful and the rest will all put butterflies in my "tummy".
So for those of you nervous... Your really not alone. "Kind of like the first day of school as a kid"...
Hope to see you in 24 days.
Thanks everyone.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:13 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,971,531 times
Would someone please post directions to the Sea Dog coming in on Route 9? Mensaguy and I have limited knowledge of Bangor and would probably get lost.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:12 AM

37,443 posts, read 61,352,754 times
12:30 / 6Sept08 at the Sea Dog [just down from U-Haul, underneath the bridge];
is on my calendar, see you there

Old 08-15-2008, 08:57 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,336,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corgis View Post
Would someone please post directions to the Sea Dog coming in on Route 9? Mensaguy and I have limited knowledge of Bangor and would probably get lost.
Oh, I was going to DM you because I'm only sure about the where abouts.

What I know ( everyone who knows for sure add more please)
    • If your travel West on Rout 9 coming into Brewer,
    • You will take the second bridge (That would be the 3rd set of traffic lights)
    • So, turning right onto the bridge- crossing into Bangor I believe it's the first street on your left before the traffic light.
    • Follow that down and you will see a Uhaul Building and the Sea Dog is right around that area.
I posted this note so that OTHERs ( hinting) would give better directions then me, cause I'm going to be looking for it as well. Good thing is I have an idea where to get lost then no clue at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
12:30 / 6Sept08 at the Sea Dog [just down from U-Haul, underneath the bridge];
is on my calendar, see you there
okay see you then. Will you be dinin' alone or will Mrs. Forest Beekeeper be joining you?
(for a count)

Old 08-15-2008, 09:23 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,096,282 times
Default directions....

ok, I'll give it a try.... I'm not sure Peachie but I think that first left is a one way going the other way....I can't remember though....but this should work:

so, if you cross the second bridge, take your first right--you're barely off the bridge and it's not a right hand turn at the lights, it's before that. At that stop sign take a left, and the traffic lights will be right in front of you. Take a right at those lights, and the Sea Dog is a little bit up ahead on your left.

does that sound right? I wish I could remember street names, but I've been here for 9 years now, and those aren't the street names that stuck with me!

Old 08-15-2008, 09:30 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,378,632 times
SEA DOG BANGOR is located near the intersection of ALT US1 and Front Street at 26 Front Street in Bangor, Maine.

11:30 a.m. to 1:00 a.m., Seven days a week

I-95 Exit 182A - Downtown Bangor Off this exit, take Exit 3B - Downtown Bangor. Follow ALT US 1 for 2 miles - sign for Waterfront Follow sign for Waterfront - turn right 3/10 mile - Sea Dog on the right overlooking the Penobscot River.

The Sea Dog Microbrewery and Restaurant (http://www.seadogbrewing.com/seadoglocations.php - broken link)

Old 08-15-2008, 09:50 AM

37,443 posts, read 61,352,754 times
Yes, Mrs ForestBeekeeper has consented to attend.

Once you get into the downtown area of Bangor, near the river, up above the rooftops can be seen a 'U-haul' sign. Go toward that sign. Once on the U-Haul side street, follow that alley down hill, and your in front of the Sea-dog.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:18 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,673,204 times
MollySmiles and Forest Beekeeper are correct.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:39 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
Oh how exciting! I've been trying to launch a get-together for we Scranton, PA area folks for quite some time now, but of course we always just end up talking in circles. I hope you all have a wonderful time at the Sea Dog. You "Maine-ahs" are truly an amicable bunch! At least you're only expecting in the 30-40 range or so for attendees. I'm terrified that due to our forum's heavy volume we'll have like 8,000 people coming! LOL!

I wish you all well!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area