Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Attending a Maine Meet in Bangor, Maine
I'm interested. Near the End of August would be better 6 18.18%
I'm interested. The Beginning of September would be better. 19 57.58%
I need a different month to attend. 7 21.21%
I'm not really interested. 3 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 02:18 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,671,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
OK, How many do we have for Saturday?
We have a confirmed reservation for 23 at the Sea Dog at half past noon THIS SATURDAY!

Weather permitting, I'll have a sign out front that says "CITY-DATA Bangor Meet" on it with some balloons -- and inside, balloons of the same color marking our area.

(if you are familiar with the Sea Dog, we are around to the left, past the hostess desk, all the way to the end of the room. She says that area seats 25 or so... and will set up the tables in a couple of U shapes.)

Just tell the Hostess you are with the City-Data group and she'll point you in the right direction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2008, 02:24 PM

16,745 posts, read 15,787,616 times
According to the early morning news programs, Hannah is scheduled to visit Georgia on Saturday, although MenME and maine4.us may meet Hannah on Friday, hopefully allowing the flight from Atlanta to Bangor on Friday to be close enough to schedule that I can get on the bus at the airport and ride to Perry, thus saving corgis the trouble of driving from Eastport to Bangor and back twice in two days. I have 1 hour and 15 minutes to spare, but the airplane has landed 25 and 26 minutes late the past two days. I'm optomistic and anxious to meet everybody.

Old 09-02-2008, 05:03 PM

44 posts, read 128,740 times
Default to seadog or not to seadog

Well, I sure wish I knew if I could make it there. If I am in Bangor which I probley will be maybe I will stop in to meet you all. I just know it would be alot of fun. I am sure it would be alot better setting then the hospital.

If not I HOPE you all have a great fun

Old 09-02-2008, 07:14 PM

6,639 posts, read 13,596,557 times
I'm coming down alone.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:08 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,729,705 times
I'm going to the Airshow in Brunswick!

Old 09-03-2008, 05:10 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,349,921 times
Smile Our count down is only 3 days away.

Safe travels to you mensaguy. I know corgis is anxious to get you home.
See you both on Saturday.

lowellmaine: 23 is the confirmed number so starwalker did that for us, but if you can come, sounds like we have room for more, so please pop over if you can.

star: you have done so much, thank you! It will be good to see you Saturday.

Mainewriter~ you can sit next to me..

NMLM: It will be good to see you on Saturday with Mrs. NMLM in arm.

Maineah: enjoy your day in Brunswick. I read about the upcoming air show. DH was actually talking about it. Sounds like something he might want to see next year if possible.

Old 09-03-2008, 07:24 AM

37,574 posts, read 61,652,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwalker View Post
Weather permitting, I'll have a sign out front that says "CITY-DATA Bangor Meet" on it with some balloons -- and inside, balloons of the same color marking our area.

(if you are familiar with the Sea Dog, we are around to the left, past the hostess desk, all the way to the end of the room. She says that area seats 25 or so... and will set up the tables in a couple of U shapes.)

Just tell the Hostess you are with the City-Data group and she'll point you in the right direction.

Balloons! Woo Hoo!

I like balloons!

Can I have a balloon?

Can I?

Can I?

HUH?

Also; I find that hostesses always tell me exactly where to go, they are usually real good about that. [telling me where to go, where to put things, etc]

Old 09-03-2008, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachie_in_maine View Post
... I read about the upcoming air show. DH was actually talking about it. Sounds like something he might want to see next year if possible.

Don't wait too long. It will only be happening for a couple more years.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:29 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,729,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachie_in_maine View Post
Safe travels to you mensaguy. I know corgis is anxious to get you home.
See you both on Saturday.

lowellmaine: 23 is the confirmed number so starwalker did that for us, but if you can come, sounds like we have room for more, so please pop over if you can.

star: you have done so much, thank you! It will be good to see you Saturday.

Mainewriter~ you can sit next to me..

NMLM: It will be good to see you on Saturday with Mrs. NMLM in arm.

Maineah: enjoy your day in Brunswick. I read about the upcoming air show. DH was actually talking about it. Sounds like something he might want to see next year if possible.
That may be tough Peachie this is supposed to be the last time they have the air show in Brunswick before they close the base for good.
It looks like it's going to be a showery weekend anyway so I think the luster of the show will be gone if it is.
Have fun in Bangor.

Old 09-03-2008, 09:03 AM

The bases closes in 2011.

I thought that last year's air show was touted as the 'Last one'.

???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area