Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 08:58 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,475,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Its the fans in PA that **** people off. If theyd just quit being rude, obnoxious and ridiculous, there would be more reason to like PA teams.
Yea it's funny watching the little animals on tv tonite...having cheesesteak heart attacks over the win and acting like they saw the virgin Mary...
After all sports are their whole life

MyFox Philadelphia | Fox 29 News | WTXF
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 09:00 PM

Quote:
PA crowds are notoriously hostile towards outsiders and opposing teams. They boo every bloody thing under the sun, and you know that.
Yeah I couldn't see the Rays winning anyway...who would be there to congratulate them? The 6 of their fans in the stands?

Old 10-29-2008, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoFan View Post
Now that they have a championship do anyone think that they'll (the fans) calm down?
I know they won't! They'll wear this for YEARS to come!

Old 10-30-2008, 08:39 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,034,911 times
Wow, they act like they won the Superbowl or something...act like you've been there before philly!

Old 10-30-2008, 08:55 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannybannany View Post
Oh really? I have been to cubbie games and you lot can be just as ruthless. Wearing a San Francisco Giants (I was living there then) jersey and I swear I thought for sure I was going to be beat up. a cop even said to me that i had a death wish.

Shanny
Did you get hurt?

Its called a friendly rivalry. In Chicago youll get verbally abused by a select few drunk idiots. In Philly you can almost expect fists to fly it seems. And besides, if it wasnt for Bonds, there would be no reason to hate the Giants. Had you worn that jersey to Wrigley 10 years ago, people would pay no attention to you whatsoever.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:02 AM

1,364 posts, read 2,917,539 times
Come on and stop exaggerating about Phillies fans. Fans are just as bad anywhere else. What about the fans who ran out on the field during a White Sox games and beat up a first base coach? What about a shooting that occurred outside of a baseball game in the parking lot last year? What about the Braves fans who beat up a guy and put him in the hospital this year? What about the Dodger fans this year showing gang signs and being outright scary during the playoffs? People enjoy jumping on the Phillies about the fans because of the media's constant droning on them and it's the 'cool' thing to do. We are no worse than many of the other fanbases out there. Yes we have our share of complete idiots but so does everybody else.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:02 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,823,549 times
Quote:
Did you get hurt?

Its called a friendly rivalry. In Chicago youll get verbally abused by a select few drunk idiots. In Philly you can almost expect fists to fly it seems. And besides, if it wasnt for Bonds, there would be no reason to hate the Giants. Had you worn that jersey to Wrigley 10 years ago, people would pay no attention to you whatsoever.
Bullshat. I have never once, in 25 years of going to Phillies games, seen "fists fly." Even when the Mets come to town, I have seen nothing besides a little heckling for the opposing fans.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:06 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,094,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
Yea it's funny watching the little animals on tv tonite...having cheesesteak heart attacks over the win and acting like they saw the virgin Mary...
After all sports are their whole life

MyFox Philadelphia | Fox 29 News | WTXF

I guess it's difficult for you to be happy for other people.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:21 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,823,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPP1999 View Post
I guess it's difficult for you to be happy for other people.
Miserable people want everyone around them to be miserable as well. Its pathetic.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:35 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,034,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Miserable people want everyone around them to be miserable as well. Its pathetic.
It's the Philly way!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball