Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Still think the Yankees will be in the 2010 World Series?
Yes 6 50.00%
No 6 50.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 02:11 PM

61 posts, read 186,717 times

Advertisements

What's the matter? You guys aren't as vocal as you normally are this time uh year. As you slowly but surely fall behind in the AL East does your arrogance still lead you to believe that you'll be in the big games come October?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 02:35 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,162,642 times
Jumping the gun a little, don't you think? What are we, still the 2nd best team in all of baseball? Yeah, that sounds bad to me!

Old 05-21-2010, 05:33 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,934,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbylion View Post
What's the matter? You guys aren't as vocal as you normally are this time uh year. As you slowly but surely fall behind in the AL East does your arrogance still lead you to believe that you'll be in the big games come October?
Pointless thread. This AL East is a three-team race. The Red Sox are not out of it. The Rays haven't won it. The Yankees aren't losing too many series. The only purpose this thread will serve is to have something for people to bump every time there is a change in the standings, and there will be changes along the way.

Old 05-22-2010, 05:04 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,177,657 times
When I saw the thread title, I thought it was going to be about the Yankee team being too quiet, as in no spirit, no controversies, too complacent. In such a case I was going to suggest that they trade for Milton Bradley and Hanley Ramirez.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:20 AM

2,223 posts, read 5,004,244 times
Almost as bad as the 9 game deficit last year against Boston ... How'd that work out?

Old 05-26-2010, 08:36 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,842,036 times
The Yanks will still be in the running, but its a toss up between them and the Rays. The Red Sox will be playing golf in the playoffs.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:44 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,503,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
The Yanks will still be in the running, but its a toss up between them and the Rays. The Red Sox will be playing golf in the playoffs.
In or during? I know that nit-picky but I just picture David Ortiz lofting a wedge over the green monster in October.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:07 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,162,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
In or during? I know that nit-picky but I just picture David Ortiz lofting a wedge over the green monster in October.
Not enough depth in Boston. They will be streaky all season.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:32 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,964,421 times
Lol its funny...if Yankee fans are talking, haters complain.......if we're not talking, haters complain...at least the jealous haters are consistent!

I love the Yankees and I've been a fan since the strike...but I don't center my life around them. If they do great and win fine...if not, well my life will go on :P

Old 05-26-2010, 10:30 AM

2,500 posts, read 2,934,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
I love the Yankees and I've been a fan since the strike...but I don't center my life around them. If they do great and win fine...if not, well my life will go on :P
Most of the Yankee fans I know have the same approach. But people love to add fuel to the fire that Yankee fans won't settle for anything less than 162 wins and an All-Star at every position. It's just not true.

I was at the game Thursday night where the Rays hit Pettitte pretty hard. The Yankees kept trying to get back into the game, but the Rays looked very good and picked up a big win. The fans in my section weren't whining or complaining about anything. They were talking about how having the division playing out this way is very good for the game. A couple of guys even said, and not in a nasty or negative way, that the Rays have a great shot at winning it all this year. Most of the fans I've been around want to see an exciting pennant race that of course they also want to win. They're not too unhappy with the season so far, minus some key injuries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball