Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 09:07 AM

78,408 posts, read 60,593,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye in SC View Post
It's like the Bricks are that girl in high school that is a bombshell, yet dates the same loser all the way through when she could pretty much choose any guy she wants, and consistently treats her like dirt; they break-up every other day only to get back together the next - NYC has so much to offer w/the MSG and just the area in general (although I'd personally never want to live there) and should be able to get pretty much anyone they want to come to the franchise, yet the consistently return to the loser who at one time wasn't so bad, but now it's just a sad story of co-dependency.
Well, I just think it funny with all the Knicks fans crowing about how Lebron was going to come there and how everyone wants to play in NY blah blah blah because it's so awesome and not some crappy place like Cleveland or well anywhere that isn't NY or maybe LA is crappy lol. Huge amount of hubris so it's funny to watch them fall flat on their face after talking themselves up so much. I actually like some of the NY teams...just the Knicks seem to talk so much trash for an organization that has fallen to among the worst in the league.

To steal your analogy, they are the girl that was hot in highschool that has totally let herself go and is now fat, old and ugly...but still thinks she is hot because she can still get some action from really drunk guys at closing time.

I seriously doubt they will make the playoffs, predominantly because thier best player is not going to set a defensive tone and the city and media will rip them apart so the negativism is infectious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2010, 10:19 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
I was very surprised that the New York Knicks would bring back Isiah Thomas after all the trouble they had with him. Thomas will function as a "consultant" so maybe he won't be too much of a risk for the Knicks but never-the-less I am puzzled by the decision to have Thomas back on the payroll. Is anyone else as confused as me by this move?
This isn't Donnie Walsh's decision. It's James Dolan's. The man hasn't had a clue from the day Cablevision first bought Madison Square Garden. For reasons that cannot be adequately explained by rational human beings, Thomas has always had his ear. Had Dolan not been painted into a corner, bad publicity-wise, it's doubtful he would've fired Thomas in the first place. Apparently, he's just been waiting for an excuse to bring the man back.

And here Walsh was making strides to rehabilitate the franchise. Isiah Thomas is most definitely not a good omen.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:57 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,127,370 times
I couldnt understand why Knicks fans would be upset with the possible return of fraudsiah Thomas?

With his perfect track record of turning leagues and franchises into disasters and wastelands, why wouldnt any Knick fan be thrilled at the possibilty of his return????

What is with Dolan???? Does Thomas have compromising and repulsive pictures of Dolan involved in sordid activities? What other plausible explanation would Dolan have to bring this genius back as a consultant?

The best scenario for Knick fans is that Dolan sells the franchise and moves to Europe and brings Thomas with him to destroy franchises there.

Old 08-12-2010, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
This isn't Donnie Walsh's decision. It's James Dolan's. The man hasn't had a clue from the day Cablevision first bought Madison Square Garden. For reasons that cannot be adequately explained by rational human beings, Thomas has always had his ear. Had Dolan not been painted into a corner, bad publicity-wise, it's doubtful he would've fired Thomas in the first place. Apparently, he's just been waiting for an excuse to bring the man back.

And here Walsh was making strides to rehabilitate the franchise. Isiah Thomas is most definitely not a good omen.
This is why I was saying Lebron (and others) would not go to NY...because you just cannot trust the organization to make the right decisions.

Amare is going to be looking for a trade by year end and no one is going to want to pick up that contract when they see how he rates next to David Lee. This is pretty much Amare's grave for the next 5 years or so and he will get to feel the love of the NY media the whole time he is there.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:24 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Somehow, I don't think that Lebron James made the decision to go with Miami because of his suspicions about the Knicks' front office. I think he went to Miami because he thinks he's got a better chance to win a title now, as opposed to several seasons down the road.

But no matter who does what, the presence of Isiah Thomas within a mile of Madison Square Garden in any direction is not a good sign. In fact, you can see it looming on the horizon even now: the Knicks get off to a slightly less than .500 start, and right before Christmas, Donnie Walsh is dismissed. You get one guess who replaces him. Now I must stop typing, because I think I'm going to make myself sick...

Old 08-12-2010, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Somehow, I don't think that Lebron James made the decision to go with Miami because of his suspicions about the Knicks' front office. I think he went to Miami because he thinks he's got a better chance to win a title now, as opposed to several seasons down the road.

But no matter who does what, the presence of Isiah Thomas within a mile of Madison Square Garden in any direction is not a good sign. In fact, you can see it looming on the horizon even now: the Knicks get off to a slightly less than .500 start, and right before Christmas, Donnie Walsh is dismissed. You get one guess who replaces him. Now I must stop typing, because I think I'm going to make myself sick...
Well remember, Knicks fans and media crowed for 2 years about Lebron coming there and how great it is there and the big market and so on and so forth....and all they got was amare stoudamire. So, I think my point stands that NY has a bad rep with the players who are not stupid about what they'd be walking into there.

Many claimed NY had "changed" but really? The Dolans are still there in charge and this has been a 15+ year pattern.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball