Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 09:09 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,488,861 times

Advertisements

The regular season thread was getting off track anyways

So the East is set our matchups are:

(1) Chicago vs (8) Indiana
(2)Miami vs (7) Philadelphia
(3)Boston vs (6)New York
(4) Orlando vs (5) Atlanta

- I am guessing all top four seeds will win. I know a lot of people like the NYK to knock off the Cs, since the Knicks are on an upswing and Cs on a elongated downswing. I just can't bring myself to agree with that. I think its possible that the Celtics might not win more than 5 post season games, but 4 of them will be against the Knicks imo.

The West is not so set yet, we got Dallas and LAL within half games of each other and OKC only half game behind the Lakers. The 7th and 8th seeds can flop also, Memphis and NO.

Either way, the playoffs are going to have some fascinating match ups that's for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 05:56 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times
actually i am kinda feeling atlanta has a chance to make their series real tough maybe even win. ever since the trade orlando hasnt looked right.

Old 04-13-2011, 06:50 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
I was hoping the Knicks would play Miami, since grunt Lebron can never seem to get the edge on Carmelo. The East will be interesting though. I'd like to see if Chicago can make the finals.

Out West, I have absolutely no confidence that the Lakers will make the finals. They should've gotten rid of Bynum when they had a chance, and now he's hurt and not likely to be a factor for the rest of the season. Bynum one of the most overrated players in the league. Big mistake relying on him. I also don't expect inconsistent Odom and Artest to be factors. Lakers will not 3-peat. Interesting to see who emerges though.

It's the NBA playoffs, then a wait for the NFL to start. I ignore MLB and NHL.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:21 AM

78,408 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
I was hoping the Knicks would play Miami, since grunt Lebron can never seem to get the edge on Carmelo. The East will be interesting though. I'd like to see if Chicago can make the finals.

Out West, I have absolutely no confidence that the Lakers will make the finals. They should've gotten rid of Bynum when they had a chance, and now he's hurt and not likely to be a factor for the rest of the season. Bynum one of the most overrated players in the league. Big mistake relying on him. I also don't expect inconsistent Odom and Artest to be factors. Lakers will not 3-peat. Interesting to see who emerges though.

It's the NBA playoffs, then a wait for the NFL to start. I ignore MLB and NHL.
1) I think the Knicks might have a shot vs. boston but probably not Miami whom is playing a lot better down the stretch.
2) I will be shocked if the Bulls don't make the finals. They have Miami's number and the Celtics just don't look like the Celtics anymore.
3) The Laker's were stuck with Bynum and had no options. Why? They are saddled with some seriously bad contracts (Walton and Artest). If Bynum is out...the Lakers will not be returning to the finals. Agreed.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:50 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,452,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
actually i am kinda feeling atlanta has a chance to make their series real tough maybe even win. ever since the trade orlando hasnt looked right.
Collins/Horford can't guard Howard 1-on-1. Howard will dominate the paint. Trust me. Did you not watch last years clean sweep of the Hawks? The Hawks are practically the same team.

The only drawbacks from our deal is losing a quality backup in Gortat for Howard. Granted, Anderson has been playing good of late. And picking up defensive liability Hedo Turkoglu. In other words, Josh Smith will have lots of outside open shot opportunities. I don't think either of these drawbacks affect the true outcome.

As for the 3 losses against them this year...
Dec 6 - half the team came back from having the flu; Nelson out still with flu, replaced by Duhon (now the third stringer; might not see any action in the playoffs)
Dec 20 - first game with all the new players
Mar 30 - Game was close (Nelson just missed the runner). It also was away (which we have home court advantage).

As for not looking right in other games, we have had injuries to our main starters/backups i.e. Redick, Arenas, and Bass since the trade. Everyone should be close to 100% for the series.

To me the only team in the first round that has an opportunity for an upset is NY as Boston is playing terrible right now. Who knows if something comes together then or not...

Old 04-13-2011, 07:58 AM

keep in mind that howard is a tech getting machine, and super foul prone. attack him and he is out of the game. attacking the basket is what josh smith, and joe johnson do.

arenas is a shell of who he once was, bass isnt happy and has not been since he got there, anderson can hustle and shoot but he cant defend and reddick is as inconsistent as they come.

now dont get me wrong, i think the magic will win the series but i would not be surprised if 1) it went 7 games, and/or 2) the hawks won.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:08 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,705,450 times
while we're at it, might be fun to predict some series' outcomes:

Heat-Sixers- Heat in 5
Celtics-Knicks- Celtics in 6
Bulls-Pacers- Bulls in 4
Magic-Hawks- Magic in 6

waiting for west brackets to be confirmed....

Old 04-13-2011, 08:12 AM

Heat-Sixers- Heat in 5
Celtics-Knicks- Celtics in 7
Bulls-Pacers- Bulls in 4
Magic-Hawks- Magic in 7

some might say i am giving to much credit to the knicks and the hawks i look at it as i am taking credit away from the celtics and magic.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:24 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,705,450 times
I'm almost tempted to say that if the Knicks played some semblance of defense they would upset Boston, this would be assuming that Boston played as they are now and not miraculously revert to 2010 playoffs form....

Old 04-13-2011, 10:14 AM

78,408 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Heat-Sixers- Heat in 5
Celtics-Knicks- Celtics in 7
Bulls-Pacers- Bulls in 4
Magic-Hawks- Magic in 7

some might say i am giving to much credit to the knicks and the hawks i look at it as i am taking credit away from the celtics and magic.
I'm going to say.....

Heat in 5.
Bulls in 4.
Knicks in 6.
Magic in 5.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball