Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 11:12 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
If you think the LAC are a test for the mighty Spurs you're crazy. If all things go well, and that's a big if, the Clippers may get one lucky win. But I doubt it.
They have to beat the Clippers in 5 Games for me to believe they can beat OKC in the WCF.

Old 05-15-2012, 04:13 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,708,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
They have to beat the Clippers in 5 Games for me to believe they can beat OKC in the WCF.
How many times do we have to tell.....oh forget it.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:53 AM

742 posts, read 2,068,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The tone has been set with that team from top to bottom management with full buy in from their (many) HOFers.

The Spurs play basketball like army ants. No flash, all business, relentlessly efficient.
According to his bio, Pop was an Air Force veteran. He started by playing for the Air Force Academy basketball team, then became its assistant coach, then its head coach. He apparently brings to the Spurs what civilian coaches don't have.

There's was an article a year ago that covered the success of Spurs as a team (this was before their later flounders and subsequent elimination from 1st Round playoffs). Pop touted strong teamwork dynamics, alluding to a military philosophy of fighting as one unit. It made me smile. Wish I had bookmarked it.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:35 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,793,105 times
Quote:
Can everyone stop putting the Celtics in the 3rd round now that they are tied at 1-1 and been down double digits in the 4th qtr of both games.

As a Sixers fan I'm a realist, should they beat the Celtics on paper?, Heck no, but the game is played on the court and the Sixers cause matchup problems for the Celtics. I still think the Celtics will win in 6 games but I won't be shocked if the Sixers win the series.

Old 05-15-2012, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
As a Sixers fan I'm a realist, should they beat the Celtics on paper?, Heck no, but the game is played on the court and the Sixers cause matchup problems for the Celtics. I still think the Celtics will win in 6 games but I won't be shocked if the Sixers win the series.
There are two reasons why I felt the Celtics would lose this series but now after 2 games it's three reasons

1. Doc Rivers
2. Rondo
3. Pierce being injured

Old 05-15-2012, 01:46 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,672,655 times
Quote:
There are two reasons why I felt the Celtics would lose this series but now after 2 games it's three reasons

1. Doc Rivers
2. Rondo
Are you drunk, it's pretty early for that isn't it?

Old 05-15-2012, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
Are you drunk, it's pretty early for that isn't it?
Rondo last night with the Celtics up by one late in the 4th qtr had Ray Allen wide open twice and dribbled for 19 seconds and takes a dumb shot.

And Doc Rivers is a stupid play caller

Old 05-16-2012, 08:45 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,936,818 times
Anyone with common sense knows that Bosh's injury is all Dan Gilbert's fault!

Old 05-17-2012, 07:15 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,951,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tafoyavision View Post
What I don't get is everyone on TV, radio, and even in the blogs are always refering to the Miami Heat as a two star team, two "and a half" when they're feeling generous. Why should anyone let the Heat off the hook now that a "nonstar" or "half a star" is out?

The thing is, I always believed Bosh to be the one keeping this team in games with solid safe unsexy 15 footers while Wade and Bron created the hightlights to be shown on top ten lists. Now that Bosh is out everyone is saying how the Heat are done? What about your two "superstars" they don't need Bosh.

I just get perturbed at the sheeple who choose to believe everything on ESPN and how, well LBJ is the number one play of the day, so he must be the best player, or Kobe had a game winning shot, so maybe he is the best player. How about the 47 and a half minutes before when Kobe went 3 for 21?

Maybe it's just because I am a fan of the Spurs who play as a team with no highlights, drama, or egos to stroke. Oh, but the media says they are "boring" so everyone regurgitates this even though this boring team is the second highest scoring team in the league, with the best 3 point shooting percentage and a solid defense.

I guess this is a long way to answer your question but, the Heat are done, but not because they lost a "superstar" but because they lost their best player.
Forget all the highlights. Miami still plays DEFENSE. That's what keeps Miami afloat and keeps them as title contenders. LeBron and Wade may be flashy, but they're still two of the best perimeter defenders in the league. That's what will keep shooting teams like Boston/OKC/SA etc at bay.

Old 06-03-2012, 10:04 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,658,020 times
Well, it is 2-2 now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball