Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2013, 06:20 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,093,678 times

Advertisements

you have clearly missed the repeated "i dont believe the conspiracies" comments made. but i will say maybe you should rethink the last post you made. you can point out numbers and stats all you like they will never disprove any truth that MAY (but more likely doesnt) exist in the argument that the league is bias toward teams like the most valuable in the league the lakers.

all that said, talking down to people like they are your 13 year old kid, isnt winning any points in my book. ONLY I CAN TALK DOWN TO PEOPLE THAT WAY DAMN IT!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 06:51 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,988,162 times
Default Get well Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Bulls have now clinched a playoff spot despite going all season without Rose.

How about "Get well Rose" for a subject line.
A deal is a deal. I can admit when I'm wrong. I really like Derrick Rose so I have no issue with saying that and I am actually upset at the level of criticism he is receiving. Returning from an injury like that isn't just physical. It's a mental thing too.

As for the Bulls, they have played very well. Tom T is a good coach and he good considering the lost of players you all have had. With that said, I think you all should revamp the roster and build around Noah, Rose and Deng with some better talent and then I think you all can honestly beat the Heat.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:32 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
you have clearly missed the repeated "i dont believe the conspiracies" comments made. but i will say maybe you should rethink the last post you made. you can point out numbers and stats all you like they will never disprove any truth that MAY (but more likely doesnt) exist in the argument that the league is bias toward teams like the most valuable in the league the lakers.

all that said, talking down to people like they are your 13 year old kid, isnt winning any points in my book. ONLY I CAN TALK DOWN TO PEOPLE THAT WAY DAMN IT!
Sorry, just frustrated with all the garbage out there and my comments were not narrowly directed at you.

Statistically, you probably could show a refereeing bias over the years.

I know a whole bunch of CEO's got canned a number of years back because some college students analyzing stock option grants spotted some wierd stats....broke open a big backdating of options scandal.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:34 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post
A deal is a deal. I can admit when I'm wrong. I really like Derrick Rose so I have no issue with saying that and I am actually upset at the level of criticism he is receiving. Returning from an injury like that isn't just physical. It's a mental thing too.

As for the Bulls, they have played very well. Tom T is a good coach and he good considering the lost of players you all have had. With that said, I think you all should revamp the roster and build around Noah, Rose and Deng with some better talent and then I think you all can honestly beat the Heat.
Yeah, Rose is a class act. No rush for him to come back as that team needs to be looking to the future and not the immediate.

I mean even if Miami starts to age and falls off....OKC is going to be a beast for a looooong time once (as scary as this sounds) Durant and Westbrook reach their full potential in a couple more years.

Old 04-04-2013, 06:26 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Spurs with another big game tonight against the Thunder. Will be they ready?

Old 04-04-2013, 08:38 PM
FBJ

If the Spurs don't reach the NBA Finals after this season then all the things below should happen since they are older and missed two opportunities to get a ring the past 2 years

1;. Pop resign as coach.................he had a great career with 4 rings and no need to taint his legacy

2. Tim Duncan............................He will be 37 and already with 4 rings so no need to return

3. Ginobli.................................he will be 36 and it's obvious his body is breaking down so retiring would a good move since he has 3 rings

4. Tony Parker................since he still has some good years at 31 the spurs should just trade him and start looking toward the future.

There is nothing else for the Spurs to accomplish at this point and can't see Duncan and Ginobli coming back to play another full NBA season at the age of 36 and 37. I think this season is their last shot to reach the NBA Finals and get another ring.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:43 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,093,678 times
Idiot! That's all

Old 04-04-2013, 08:54 PM

858 posts, read 1,145,907 times
Props to Shaq, getting his number retired...thanks for the awesome times and titles!!!

CAN YOU DIG IT!!!!

Old 04-04-2013, 08:56 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLL View Post
Props to Shaq, getting his number retired...thanks for the awesome times and titles!!!

CAN YOU DIG IT!!!!

Not sure why Shaq always thought CAN YOU DIG IT was funny. He always sounded like a retarded superhero LOL

Old 04-04-2013, 09:02 PM

858 posts, read 1,145,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
Not sure why Shaq always thought CAN YOU DIG IT was funny. He always sounded like a retarded superhero LOL
No way, it was very funny...I laughed the other night, still funny after all these years..I dont know if you ever watched that movie the "the warriors", about NYC gangs, thats what I think of when Shaq is before a big crowd and just won a title.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball