Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2012, 02:24 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,096,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John23 View Post
Is anyone else about to give up on the "Lakers"? Ouch, tonight was painful.

What worries me.

-We're 18 games into the season. Kobe has already logged a heck of a lot of minutes. Averaging 37 a game. Is that going to continue? He played 43 the other night against Indiana.

-Their road record is terrible for a possible title contender. Can you remember the last team going 1 and 5?? to start the year on the road? And they're suppose to be this championship team.

Should have won against Sac, should have won this one. Indiana at home they should have won. Should have won vs Orlando the other night!

-Somehow, when they get Blake and Nash back, they aren't going to turn into the 72-10 '96 Chicago Bulls. Nash isn't going to be able to compensate for this bench.

What a streaky team so far. They should at least have 3 more wins. Can you remember the last team that scores...77 points one night...3 days later 122! The difference per quarter is pretty remarkable for a weeks play.

lakers are going to make a trade by the deadline, i expect pau is gone. kobe has already called him out, and kobe is already talking "ill kick everyone in the locker rooms ass......." then turns around and says "metta know what i mean, howard knows what i mean" all about playing hard and the meaning of every game, funny how pau doesnt get mentioned. kobe is killing the lakers, and when nash gets back i predict NOTHING CHANGES. if anything the defense gets worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2012, 02:37 AM

just wondering how many bad games before lin loses his starting job? toney douglas had a very nice game last night and lin had a stinker.

Old 12-05-2012, 05:27 AM

342 posts, read 803,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
just wondering how many bad games before lin loses his starting job? toney douglas had a very nice game last night and lin had a stinker.
Its like saying Asik and Parsons will lose their starter's job because they sat all of the last few minutes of the game. Lin has a longer leash because he got that big contract and Harden hasn't complained yet. I'm sure Lin will be happy getting 4 pts and the team wins while Dwight will not be happy if he gets 4 pts and his team wins.

Old 12-05-2012, 05:46 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,991,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodwings19 View Post
Its like saying Asik and Parsons will lose their starter's job because they sat all of the last few minutes of the game. Lin has a longer leash because he got that big contract and Harden hasn't complained yet. I'm sure Lin will be happy getting 4 pts and the team wins while Dwight will not be happy if he gets 4 pts and his team wins.
Douglas is a very inconsistent player like Lin. I don't see him taking his job unless he gets hurt. Douglas is more of a shoot-first guard than Lin is.

Last edited by justtitans; 12-05-2012 at 05:58 AM..

Old 12-05-2012, 05:58 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,991,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I couldn't since it wasn't on national TV. But I;m just guessing that they wanted to save their energy for the Knicks on Thursday Night
The Heat just didn't play well. It's not like they weren't trying. Lebron had his first triple double of the year, Wade and Bosh did their thing but no one else stepped up. They also missed tons of clutch shots. The difference in the ball game was their inability to hit the big shot down the stretch. Ray Allen and Mike Miller missed several wide open jumpers. It was a hard fought game, but Miami lack of execution down the stretch cost them this one.

Just because they lost doesn't mean they overlooked this game. This game was eerily similar to the game they had against the Nuggets at the beginning of the season and the one they had against the Spurs last week. This is a team that is having a championship hangover and they are not playing at the same level as last year. Some of it has to do with the lineup changes and the fact that starting Bosh at C hurts their defense a lot but overall, they haven't been that consistent the whole year. This game wasn't really any different than some of the other performances this year, so it's hard to believe they were simply overlooking this game. They just haven't been that great so far. They are lucky because they have escaped a few close ones and almost escaped this one despite being beat pretty much the whole game.

Old 12-05-2012, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodwings19 View Post
that argument makes no sense youre talking about 2 guys playing well and comparing them to one guy that is mr inconsistent.
douglas in less minutes has a similar PER. its not like lin has had more then good games all season. toney is a better defender as well.

lin is getting the starting job because of the hype that is linsanity (houstons slogan these days is beard-sanity and has a half/half harden/lin face) the hype is the ONLY thing keeping him on the floor.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:30 AM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
lakers are going to make a trade by the deadline, i expect pau is gone. kobe has already called him out, and kobe is already talking "ill kick everyone in the locker rooms ass......." then turns around and says "metta know what i mean, howard knows what i mean" all about playing hard and the meaning of every game, funny how pau doesnt get mentioned. kobe is killing the lakers, and when nash gets back i predict NOTHING CHANGES. if anything the defense gets worse.
Who is going to trade much for Pau and that baloon contract of his? I think they've tried to shop him over the summer and there were no takers.

I warned people that the ballsy off-season moves of the Lakers held some huge risks.

We have the coach already gone, locker-room strife and Gasol on the chopping block and we are barely into the season. What happens if Kobe and Dwight get sideways with each other?

On the other hand, maybe they find their synergy and at least get on track to make the playoffs.

Frankly, looking at thier rough December schedule, we may get a trainwreck to watch for Christmas.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:32 AM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
that argument makes no sense youre talking about 2 guys playing well and comparing them to one guy that is mr inconsistent.
douglas in less minutes has a similar PER. its not like lin has had more then good games all season. toney is a better defender as well.

lin is getting the starting job because of the hype that is linsanity (houstons slogan these days is beard-sanity and has a half/half harden/lin face) the hype is the ONLY thing keeping him on the floor.
I think Lin is on the floor because he's coming off a major injury and still developing as a player. Houston isn't a threat either way this year so they are working on next years team this year. Plus look at all the new faces, Houston has a lot of gelling to do, let's see how they look at mid-year.

P.S. Your head is gonna explode when Lin makes the all-star game, LMAO.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:08 AM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtitans View Post
Douglas is a very inconsistent player like Lin. I don't see him taking his job unless he gets hurt. Douglas is more of a shoot-first guard than Lin is.
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I think Lin is on the floor because he's coming off a major injury and still developing as a player. Houston isn't a threat either way this year so they are working on next years team this year. Plus look at all the new faces, Houston has a lot of gelling to do, let's see how they look at mid-year.

P.S. Your head is gonna explode when Lin makes the all-star game, LMAO.
Lin is not going to the bench anytime soon. Sampson said he played with the people down the stretch who were doing well. Rockets lineup down the stretch last night - Douglas, Harden, Delfino, Patterson, Smith (starters are in bold).

That was Douglas' best game - and up to yesterday's game, has not played well at all.

Mathguy is right - Lin is coming off an injury - he can play, but it takes time to get to full speed. Also, this is a new team entirely. Only Parsons, Patterson, and Morris (who did not play last year) are here from last year.

Old 12-05-2012, 09:50 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,229,470 times
Hard to believe that Harden and Parsons went a combined 8 for 35, yet the Rockets beat the Lakers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball