Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2012, 06:22 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,097,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Lin with a solid 38 pts and 7 ast against the best team in the NBA(Spurs) tonight. I'm beginning to think he and Harden might be better off not playing together at the same time. Harden didn't play tonite after he sprained his ankle in the previous game. Maybe Lin should come off the bench to run the 2nd unit.

From what i saw in highlights, it appears Asik pretty much shut down Duncan and made 11-14 FTs...not bad for a career 43% FT shooter.
From what i saw in highlights, it appears Asik pretty much shut down Duncan and made 11-14 FTs...not bad for a career 43% FT shooter.[/quote]

lin had his FTs going last night, and shot OK from teh field. he did have gary neal on him a lot of that game though. but with the game on the line, the spurs put danny grean on him and green forced 2 turnovers and a shot clock violation as lin wasnt about to pass the ball to anyone.

asik did a pretty nice job on duncan, asik and the rotation of patterson, smith and morris that mchail threw at duncan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Was watching the Texans - I will have to watch to Rockets replay tomorrow.
ugh! i had to turn the texans off, what a stinker! and of course dish network once again blacked out the rockets/spurs game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2012, 02:54 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,215,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
From what i saw in highlights, it appears Asik pretty much shut down Duncan and made 11-14 FTs...not bad for a career 43% FT shooter.

lin had his FTs going last night, and shot OK from teh field. he did have gary neal on him a lot of that game though. but with the game on the line, the spurs put danny grean on him and green forced 2 turnovers and a shot clock violation as lin wasnt about to pass the ball to anyone.

asik did a pretty nice job on duncan, asik and the rotation of patterson, smith and morris that mchail threw at duncan.

ugh! i had to turn the texans off, what a stinker! and of course dish network once again blacked out the rockets/spurs game.
Just watched the replay...

Lin had the 3 pointers (and a couple of foot on the line 2 pointers) going last night. Those will be here today, gone tomorrow. He had some OK drives - but it wasn't the same as the Knick version of Linsanity. He had the ball in the closing seconds of regulation - Danny Green knocked the ball away and it was a shot clock violation with 5 seconds to go in regulation.

I thought Asik had his best game last night. Kind of disappeared in the 4thQ except for the 15 foot bank shot.

Entertaining game though - tied at 120 after regulation.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:56 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,042,276 times
Program Alert for Tonight

ESPN Doubleheader

Knicks at Nets......7pm

Bulls at Clippers.....9:30pm

Old 12-11-2012, 06:10 PM
FBJ

Lakers losing to Cleveland tonight on the road and it seems like Kobe and Dwight are the only ones who can score.

They get nothing from MWP

Old 12-11-2012, 06:51 PM

Howard is 3 of 8 he is actually hitting ft is the only reason he has the points. Kobe is the only one scoring but then he's taking all the shots

Old 12-11-2012, 06:52 PM

And by hitting his ft I mean he's shooting 50%

Old 12-11-2012, 09:06 PM

432 posts, read 610,606 times
The nets lost yet again. The absence of Lopez is really kicking in.. The nets need to make a trade.

Old 12-11-2012, 09:21 PM
FBJ

Well looks like the Knicks are truly the best team in the East

Old 12-12-2012, 07:17 AM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
And by hitting his ft I mean he's shooting 50%
Which is like shooting 50% from the field.
It also makes it harder to guard the other guys when the opposing team is getting near the penalty towards quarter-end.

Saw this with Shaq and Wade....and of course...Shaq and Kobe.

I beginning to wonder if this is going to be the Laker team for the next couple years.
No playoffs, Kobe shooting 25+ a night and chasing the scoring list.
I am really wondering if Kobe is looking around, realizes the Lakers are screwed for his remaining 1.75 years there and is just doing his own thing while he waits to bail to a contender for veterans exception after next season.

Old 12-12-2012, 07:55 AM

1,859 posts, read 5,029,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Lakers losing to Cleveland tonight on the road and it seems like Kobe and Dwight are the only ones who can score.

They get nothing from MWP
What a difference Kyrie Irving made for them last night, that and CJ Miles actually making a contribution in the 2012-13 season in a big way - his only 2 good games this season have been against the two Los Angeles teams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball