Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2012, 08:42 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,097,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Which is like shooting 50% from the field.
It also makes it harder to guard the other guys when the opposing team is getting near the penalty towards quarter-end.

Saw this with Shaq and Wade....and of course...Shaq and Kobe.

I beginning to wonder if this is going to be the Laker team for the next couple years.
No playoffs, Kobe shooting 25+ a night and chasing the scoring list.
I am really wondering if Kobe is looking around, realizes the Lakers are screwed for his remaining 1.75 years there and is just doing his own thing while he waits to bail to a contender for veterans exception after next season.
you know kobe is so hard to read, he is obviously the utmost competitor, so losing is hard for him. that said i can also see him wanting to stroke his legacy and ego to the point of gunning for more points. his legacy IMO is one of the biggest things in the back of his mind. he wants people to look at him as the greatest, he lives on the praise and the pedestal he is raise onto. i think winning 1 more ring is important to him but i dont see him ring chasing on another team, he wants to be the man and will likely always have that mentality so going to another team for a vet minimum is NOT going to happen. hell his ego wouldnt let him sign for a vet minimum, not even a midlevel exception imo. he would walk into the negotiations with the "dont you know who i am, thats worth at least 10 million a year" after this contract is done. i would put money on (barring an injury) him getting at least 10mil after this contract is up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2012, 11:18 AM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
you know kobe is so hard to read, he is obviously the utmost competitor, so losing is hard for him. that said i can also see him wanting to stroke his legacy and ego to the point of gunning for more points. his legacy IMO is one of the biggest things in the back of his mind. he wants people to look at him as the greatest, he lives on the praise and the pedestal he is raise onto. i think winning 1 more ring is important to him but i dont see him ring chasing on another team, he wants to be the man and will likely always have that mentality so going to another team for a vet minimum is NOT going to happen. hell his ego wouldnt let him sign for a vet minimum, not even a midlevel exception imo. he would walk into the negotiations with the "dont you know who i am, thats worth at least 10 million a year" after this contract is done. i would put money on (barring an injury) him getting at least 10mil after this contract is up.
I don't know, you make some great points.

I've read Kobe wrong before, hard to know which way that might go down.

I've long speculated that Kobe might not age gracefully, it was certainly true last year and so far this year.

Sitting out of the playoffs for two years might change that though.

I have my speculation but that's all it is, the only thing I've been right about this year was that the Lakers would be a *fascinating* experiment to watch with all their changes and all that is at stake.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:31 PM

fascinating indeed. the best part of the lakers struggles is not the lakers themselves but the fans. i hate on the lakers for one reason, the fans generally SUCK! i respect the team, the franchise the owners and such, they have done so much over the decades and are always relevant but man because of that they have created such a douche following. not all of them but howard makes free throws at a higher % then the % of lakers fans that have no douchebaggery in them.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:34 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,042,276 times
So why isn't Metta World Peace ever criticized by Kobe?

Old 12-12-2012, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
So why isn't Metta World Peace ever criticized by Kobe?
Because Ron artest (refuse to use that stupid name) is crazy and might kill Kobe in his sleep!

Old 12-12-2012, 04:21 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Because Ron artest (refuse to use that stupid name) is crazy and might kill Kobe in his sleep!

I just find it funny that Artest is not contributing any offense but is not criticized by the coach or Kobe like Gasol has been.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:17 PM

Artest is not signed as an offensive player, he is there for defense and is not making 19 mil. He was signed as a mid level role player. Pau is the high paid 2man. He is also catching it to divert the heat off Kobe.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:23 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Artest is not signed as an offensive player, he is there for defense and is not making 19 mil. He was signed as a mid level role player. Pau is the high paid 2man. He is also catching it to divert the heat off Kobe.

Well the team is still losing which means he is not doing anything on the defensive end along with the offensive end. Why shouldn't he be criticize if he is part of the starting 5?

Old 12-12-2012, 07:34 PM

Because he is the 4th option period. And when Nash comes back he moves farther down.

Hell Jamison is more of an option then artest. And again he isn't high paid. I mean that's like the spurs blaming Gary Neal or Matt bonner for losing the wcf last year. Ridiculous

Old 12-12-2012, 08:28 PM

432 posts, read 610,606 times
Warriors beat the Heat at home 97 - 95 with greens driving layup. The warriors are looking real good this year and so is Klay Thompson. Mind you guys Bogut isn't even playing :0. Hope they go far. Such an underrated team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball