U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-21-2017, 03:13 PM
 
Location: Crooklyn, New York
28,266 posts, read 26,237,774 times
Reputation: 11726

Advertisements

Interesting.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUuvUqG0kDE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-28-2017, 12:23 AM
 
74 posts, read 38,433 times
Reputation: 32
Steph has been the face of the league since 2015.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2017, 09:33 AM
 
5,145 posts, read 2,763,989 times
Reputation: 4710
How the Warriors created a blue print for a championship team last year:

1. Signing Kevin Durant after blowing a 3-1 lead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2017, 02:22 PM
 
11,679 posts, read 7,046,867 times
Reputation: 6387
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
How the Warriors created a blue print for a championship team last year:

1. Signing Kevin Durant after blowing a 3-1 lead.
And being extremely lucky with draft picks/relatively injury free. If Curry or Klay or Green don't pan out or have career ending injuries perhaps the Warriors are a really good but not great team. That could also mean Durant never becomes interested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2017, 05:02 PM
 
5,145 posts, read 2,763,989 times
Reputation: 4710
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
And being extremely lucky with draft picks/relatively injury free. If Curry or Klay or Green don't pan out or have career ending injuries perhaps the Warriors are a really good but not great team. That could also mean Durant never becomes interested.
Yes, but with Durant, the team is now being compared to the 2001 Lakers or the 1996 Bulls.

Durant is a straight up legendary snake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2017, 10:19 AM
 
3,565 posts, read 1,874,751 times
Reputation: 2263
The team is simply comparable to the Bulls team. How else can we measure a team with 3 straight Finals appearances, two wins, and the most regular season wins over a 3 year stretch? Pre-KD, this was a team for the ages. With KD, it is a juggernaut. We probably have not yet seen them at their best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2017, 02:20 PM
 
5,145 posts, read 2,763,989 times
Reputation: 4710
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
The team is simply comparable to the Bulls team. How else can we measure a team with 3 straight Finals appearances, two wins, and the most regular season wins over a 3 year stretch? Pre-KD, this was a team for the ages. With KD, it is a juggernaut. We probably have not yet seen them at their best.
KD's snake move takes a lot away from the 2016 Warriors team IMO.

What made the 80s and 90s so captivating was the competition.

Kevin Durant straight up ditched his team after blowing a 3-1 lead in the previous WCF and went to the other team.

That's like Jordan joining the Pistons in 1990, or Larry Bird joining the Lakers. You can't imagine it because they would never do that, and that's what made those guys legendary. Their utter will to get better and put their teams over the top. The Warriors 2016 team was just a free agency arms race, nothing special about that. Kind of ruins the league in all honesty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2017, 02:55 PM
 
3,565 posts, read 1,874,751 times
Reputation: 2263
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
KD's snake move takes a lot away from the 2016 Warriors team IMO.

What made the 80s and 90s so captivating was the competition.

Kevin Durant straight up ditched his team after blowing a 3-1 lead in the previous WCF and went to the other team.

That's like Jordan joining the Pistons in 1990, or Larry Bird joining the Lakers. You can't imagine it because they would never do that, and that's what made those guys legendary. Their utter will to get better and put their teams over the top. The Warriors 2016 team was just a free agency arms race, nothing special about that. Kind of ruins the league in all honesty.
Hardly ruins the league. All teams have the same salary cap rules, the same draft rules, and the same roster rules. There was great competition this year, though injuries took a lot of wind from the sails of the WCF. Nonetheless, the Warriors, Spurs, Rockets, and Cavs were all contenders.

The Rockets got better this offseason. The Cavs may yet improve, too.

Plenty of players--even stars--leave their teams in free agency. KD gave plenty to the Thunder. Their ownership and management were never willing to keep a great young team together, so why should he stay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2017, 04:00 PM
 
Location: Springfield, Ohio
12,199 posts, read 10,416,173 times
Reputation: 11214
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
KD's snake move takes a lot away from the 2016 Warriors team IMO.

What made the 80s and 90s so captivating was the competition.

Kevin Durant straight up ditched his team after blowing a 3-1 lead in the previous WCF and went to the other team.

That's like Jordan joining the Pistons in 1990, or Larry Bird joining the Lakers. You can't imagine it because they would never do that, and that's what made those guys legendary. Their utter will to get better and put their teams over the top. The Warriors 2016 team was just a free agency arms race, nothing special about that. Kind of ruins the league in all honesty.
All that is emotional fandom talking. It doesn't change their dominance on the court or stat sheet. There was no competition in the 90s except when Jordan took a break...the Bulls dominated everyone in that timeframe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2017, 04:06 PM
 
2,836 posts, read 1,776,314 times
Reputation: 1243
I have no problem with KDs move to GS. None at all. Cavs fans should be the last to talk as well.


I have a problem with GS fans saying- they win without KD and that Curry IS the straw the stirs the drink and makes it all work and heard this awhile back and fell out of my chair "KD is a luxury".


This has not been Curry's League. He was abused in the 2016 series, and he was outplayed by his counterpart in the 17 series. Honestly the Warriors won in 15 beating Lebron with Delly as his second option- I hate the Bulls but they sweep us in 15 if they face us.


Now I will say Curry and KD are so tough to defend while on the court together. You have to play Curry 30-35 feet out and you need to trap him bump him and make him feel uncomfortable and most of the time this takes two guys. The space this leaves for a player like KD is the problem and it is the play and circumstance that beat the Cavs. Let's be honest Klay didn't really do much and he let Irving get his and Draymond was playing cheerleader half the series with foul trouble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top