Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2018, 02:40 PM

5,955 posts, read 2,880,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
The game ruined my night and all of Friday so far. I have not disliked a team like GS since like forever. All the calls are one way and freak injuries every year. Why oh why??
The cavs are getting a taste of what the Celtics got from the refs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2018, 03:19 PM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
This is a DO or DIE game for game 2.

If they lose game 2, this series is 100% over. It's done, stick a fork in it.

Old 06-01-2018, 04:01 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Now they should have made those true short-shorts, like they had back in the Bird-Magic days. That would really have been something.

https://www.google.com/search?q=larr...daW_bZ_b8tmmyM:

Old 06-01-2018, 04:14 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,938,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
This is a DO or DIE game for game 2.

If they lose game 2, this series is 100% over. It's done, stick a fork in it.
I agree. Cavs aren’t winning 4 of 5 if they get in a 0-2 hole against this team. Win game 2 and they need 1 win at home to make it a series. If Iggy comes back the Warriors will have another good defender to throw at Lebron

Old 06-01-2018, 04:14 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Kevin Love to be suspended for game 2? Maybe Tristan Thompson too? From my understanding, the rules are pretty clear that Love should be suspended. Imagine the ruckus from Draymond Green and the GSW if not?

Old 06-01-2018, 04:17 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,938,955 times
Why don’t the Cavs just wear regular clothes...let people know they are totally focused on basketball and haven’t given a thought to fashion. Lebron looked a little rediculous walking off at the press conference in his Girl Scout shorts.

Old 06-01-2018, 04:22 PM

1,156 posts, read 987,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
It’s Draymond’s antics, Curry’s fanboy following along with his celebratory gestures that are unlike a lot of great players in the league, and finally Kerr- maybe it’s constant political leaning that is on display or his postgame speeches after loses. Thompson always has this sour look too.

I covered most of it I think
So true, and I liked the Warriors up until their whining in 2016. Now, all they do is whine, bunch of whiners and complainers and arrogant punks. Any fan should have a problem with all the terrible calls year after year. It's not so much that the call was reversed, it was the fact that they had to review this in the first place, when it was so obvious Lebron was, like Ty Lue said 4 feet away, from the restricted area.

There are 3 officials in the game, and it's unforgivable how many calls they miss and this one in particular. The rule needs to be changed because why is a foul call in the last two minutes any more important than throughout the game? Steve Javie said that in real time it was a charge, so then let's slow every foul call down and then start overturning any foul call. Steve Javie even indicated after seeing it in slow motion that it's a 50/50 block/charge because he had his left foot set and he slid over. Again, it should have never been reviewed if the officials are competent, which they are not.

The NBA head Boragia or whatever his name is said that the officials aren't looking at the feet of players so that's how there could be doubt which triggers a review. Then train the officials enough so they don't miss easy calls. If it's an issue of needing more "eyes" then pony up and get 4-5 officials on the court. The league and teams make enough money nowadays to do this.

And when betting comes online, wtf will happen when you have people sitting in their living rooms, at the games, etc., placing bets and losing if the officials are screwing up. I'm tired of hearing how hard their job is. They make enough money to get criticized the way they do.

Anyway, if Cleveland loses which they likely will now, Lebron may leave, and I can only hope he goes to a team that can beat the Warriors as they are the most tiring team of this generation to watch with their antics. Almost, right up there with the Celtics and Pistons of the 80s.

Old 06-01-2018, 04:29 PM

3,397 posts, read 2,805,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Kevin Love to be suspended for game 2? Maybe Tristan Thompson too? From my understanding, the rules are pretty clear that Love should be suspended. Imagine the ruckus from Draymond Green and the GSW if not?
Kevin Love was checking into the game not checking into a fight.

He’s the definition of a lover and not a fighter

Old 06-01-2018, 05:05 PM

12,387 posts, read 8,155,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
NBA.com
Lead by some guy at Yahoo multiple sources are saying no foul on Kevin Love's part. Meanwhile no word on the flagrant 2 being rescinded on Thompson.

This entire thing was referee sparked and maybe he should be benched for the finals and Javie brought out of retirement.

Old 06-01-2018, 05:16 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,078,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
Kevin Love was checking into the game not checking into a fight.

He’s the definition of a lover and not a fighter
Yep, lol

They have announced Love will not be suspended game 2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball