Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2010, 08:35 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,146,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit, is it?
No problem with comprehension here. You might want to check on your delusions of what Cleveland actually is, obviously it's nothing near what you claim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 08:53 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,178,523 times
I beg to differ, champ. I have no delusions. And, I have no need to argue with someone who can't comprehend a damn thing and twists whatever suits him into a complete non sequitur. This is an obvious sign of a mook with little more than a double digit IQ. No thanks...

We'll just wait until July to see who's right.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
I beg to differ, champ. I have no delusions. And, I have no need to argue with someone who can't comprehend a damn thing and twists whatever suits him into a complete non sequitur. This is an obvious sign of a mook with little more than a double digit IQ. No thanks...

We'll just wait until July to see who's right.
Oh,so that's how you handle disagreements by calling people names and assuming my IQ is within the range of yours. Sorry dude but you can't count as high as mine unfortunately that's not saying much either considering that double digits are probably challenging for you (by the way-well over 140). Now when it comes to delusions, I certainly would never say that the Knicks are a well run franchise but NYC is NYC and Ohio (specifically Cleveland) is Ohio. You're right there is no guarantee about anything including whether he stays or leaves but don't try comparing the 2 cities. Sorry but Cleveland doesn't offer much compared to NYC. The only question is whether loyalty will prevail. This will truely be a test of his character. No matter where he is he'll have fans. I hope for your sake he is loyal.

Old 05-03-2010, 06:55 PM

78,428 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Sorry but Cleveland doesn't offer much compared to NYC.
You mean like terrorist attacks and it being impossible to go out for a liesurely drive? Or Have a 500 acre estate within 30 minutes of where you work? How about warm weather and boating like Miami?

I guess the bottom line is that what one person may like, hustle and bustle, big city, etc. someone else might HATE.

Perhaps you could explain to me how you know what his preferences are and your assumption that everyone has the same values in what they want from the city they live in?

Old 05-04-2010, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You mean like terrorist attacks and it being impossible to go out for a liesurely drive? Or Have a 500 acre estate within 30 minutes of where you work? How about warm weather and boating like Miami?

I guess the bottom line is that what one person may like, hustle and bustle, big city, etc. someone else might HATE.

Perhaps you could explain to me how you know what his preferences are and your assumption that everyone has the same values in what they want from the city they live in?
Boy are you uninformed. Lebron could go over the bridge to Jersey (like Sabathia) or Nassau County (suburbs), Westchester,also Connecticut and have a huge mansion and property.So he could be a Knick and live in the country(rural), city, or suburbs; and all within 30 minutes. NY and its nearby areas have alot more variety than you realize. People also go to long island for the Hamptons and wine tours and tasting where we have some of the largest groups of wineries outside of Napa Valley in the US. As for Manhattan, that's what the rail system and subways are for. As for warm weather and boating,is the weather better in Cleveland? Nope. Compare apples to apples. In westchester he could easily have endless acres, jersey too.

Last edited by Lancet71; 05-04-2010 at 01:30 PM..

Old 05-04-2010, 01:25 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,490,863 times
I'd love to run into LBJ on a subway. Anyways, I was on the side that he would leave for a long time, I am slowly coming around to the other end though, and I think the smart money is on him staying. Sign a 3-4 year deal worth a bagillion dollars, and he could get another max deal after that.

Old 05-04-2010, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I'd love to run into LBJ on a subway. Anyways, I was on the side that he would leave for a long time, I am slowly coming around to the other end though, and I think the smart money is on him staying. Sign a 3-4 year deal worth a bagillion dollars, and he could get another max deal after that.
If i'm being 100% honest,i'm on the fence. I think 55% chance he goes to NY, 45% chance he stays. The smart choice is to stay and would probably be a quicker route to a title. The selfish choice would be to go, because he wants to be on a bigger stage.
I notice Stern has been coming out saying that he hopes Lebron stays. I guess he also realizes that if Lebron leaves,it could destroy the Cavs franchise. Honestly I think it's a form of tampering and Stern shouldn't be voicing his opinion even though it's better for the league if he does stay.

Old 05-04-2010, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Boy are you uninformed. Lebron could go over the bridge to Jersey (like Sabathia) or Nassau County (suburbs), Westchester,also Connecticut and have a huge mansion and property.So he could be a Knick and live in the country(rural), city, or suburbs; and all within 30 minutes. NY and its nearby areas have alot more variety than you realize. People also go to long island for the Hamptons and wine tours and tasting where we have some of the largest groups of wineries outside of Napa Valley in the US. As for Manhattan, that's what the rail system and subways are for. As for warm weather and boating,is the weather better in Cleveland? Nope. Compare apples to apples. In westchester he could easily have endless acres, jersey too.
As for the idiotic comments about terrorist attacks, give me a break. Apparently there is nothing important enough in the Cleveland area. Also the last major threat was 2001, so that's about 8 1/2 years. Now compare NYC to Cleveland and figure in based on population. You'd realize that there are more violent crimes daily and yearly in Cleveland based on a formula of per person. If you don't believe me look it up. NYC has been for years, one of the lowest crime rate cities per person. Cities like Baltimore and many other have a MUCH higher violent crime rate. That means Lebron has a better chance of getting mugged or shot in Cleveland vs. NY.

Old 05-05-2010, 12:14 PM

78,428 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
How about warm weather and boating like Miami?

Quote:
Boy are you uninformed.....As for warm weather and boating,is the weather better in Cleveland? Nope.
Wow. Miami is a lot further north than had been lead to believe.

Old 05-05-2010, 01:57 PM

1,191 posts, read 1,585,042 times
I am not from Cleveland, nor am I a Cavs fan. The Lakers are my team.

With that said, I have always been of the mind that LeBron would stay. At the start of this season I was sure of it. Through this season I didn't doubt. But watching him accept the MVP award really changed my mind. I got the feeling he was reaffirming his loyalty to Akron, not Cleveland. Also, I know he is playing with an injury, but something is different in his demeanor. He has showed no emotion since recieving his award. He played with no spirit in game 2 until the end when the game was out of reach.

Like I said, I know he is playing hurt. But LeBron is a gamer. Even with an injury you expect him to bring it. It just seems like something is off with him. Granted, that may have nothing to do with him going or staying. However, a second round exit to the C's could push him out the door.

We'll see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball