Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2010, 02:13 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,541,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larz View Post
Good point, LeBron probably doesn't want to share the LA market with Kobe. I also wonder if there would be ego problems between James and D Wade if they played together. Still, it would be interesting to see.
If Lebron wins the title this year, i don't see him leaving the Cavs. However, if he leaves, i don't see him having a problem with going anywhere even if it meant LA. If anything, winning a title especially if it was against the Lakers will propel to the top of popularity in the world in terms of sales of merchandise, popularity, etc. in the world much less LA. If i'm not mistaken, he already has more endorsements than Kobe. He is already annoited the future of the NBA, so i don't think he is worried.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2010, 11:11 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,628,324 times
I still think the thread title is funny. It should be...does anyone but Knick fans thing Lebron is dumb enough to play basketball there?

Old 02-21-2010, 03:16 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,147,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I still think the thread title is funny. It should be...does anyone but Knick fans thing Lebron is dumb enough to play basketball there?
Once again mathguy,i'm not a Knicks fan but I see the obvious right in front of me.He's not staying.

Old 02-24-2010, 07:55 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Once again mathguy,i'm not a Knicks fan but I see the obvious right in front of me.He's not staying.
We shall see. Lots of excitement coming down in the next couple months.

Old 02-24-2010, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
We shall see. Lots of excitement coming down in the next couple months.
I do agree there. I like the suspense.Heard today rumor of Kobe to the Bulls because of the possibility of Phil Jackson going there.

Old 02-24-2010, 12:26 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,491,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
I do agree there. I like the suspense.Heard today rumor of Kobe to the Bulls because of the possibility of Phil Jackson going there.
I read that in the local papers today, I put the chances at like, 0.00000001%

Old 02-24-2010, 10:00 PM

3,281 posts, read 6,279,618 times
A lot of national sportscasters seem to believe that LeBron will be staying in Cleveland. I think he'll stay, but he's only going to be signing a short-term deal, maybe 2-3 years at most. In fact, I suspect that no matter who he plays for, his next few contracts are all going to be shorter than what you regularly see for sports stars.

Old 02-25-2010, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I read that in the local papers today, I put the chances at like, 0.00000001%
I'd be surprised too.

Old 02-25-2010, 06:39 AM

1,859 posts, read 5,028,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelander17 View Post
A lot of national sportscasters seem to believe that LeBron will be staying in Cleveland. I think he'll stay, but he's only going to be signing a short-term deal, maybe 2-3 years at most. In fact, I suspect that no matter who he plays for, his next few contracts are all going to be shorter than what you regularly see for sports stars.
That's what I tend to think too (although, I'm not sure how the max contract rules work exactly, but I think he only gets the maximum amount of salary if he takes the maximum amount of years - it might all be a moot point though if they totally revamp the CBA as is being expected in 2011). I think the Cavs can offer him 6 seasons & about $20 million more if he takes the 'max' while other teams can offer him 5 seasons for the lesser amount.

The Cavaliers have their core players all signed for a couple more seasons (Jamison & Mo Williams signed through 2012). I believe that Lebron & Shaq are actually the only unrestricted free agents they have for the upcoming season - Lebron does actually have a player option for a one year extension if he wants to take that and wait to see how the new CBA plays out as well. I think Shaq coming back hinges obviously on Lebron resigning, whether they win the championship or not, and how much of a pay-cut he is willing to take too.

Old 02-25-2010, 04:19 PM

168 posts, read 365,339 times
LOL .....from nba dot com

Imagine the scenes when the clock strikes midnight on July 1 ...
An executive Learjet, lifts off from a private airport in Westchester County (N.Y.), stuffed with Walsh, coach Mike D'Antoni and enough leftover Wall Street bonus cash to fill Lake Erie, and heads toward a late-night rendezvous in Akron, Ohio.

NBA.com: A spending spree for three? Knicks, Heat think really big

anyway they suggesting that NY and maybe Miami could go , as they say for : "The Three Musketeers. The Three Amigos. Three-mendous."

meaning LBJ , Bosh , Wade
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball