Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 07:27 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,144,066 times

Advertisements

Next year they only have a little over $18 million committed to salaries which is below any team in the league.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2010, 12:52 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,655,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Well the Knicks did their part and now have more money than "ANY" team to sign 2 players to max contracts this year coming up.Unless Cleveland wins it this year,I think he's gone.
Yeah you think hes gone. But unless you personally got an answer from LeBron on what hes going to do, than your just speculating.

Old 02-19-2010, 05:08 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,537,016 times
If Lebron does leave the Cavs, i think he will go to a team that not only can pay him max, but they better have good players already there. He is not going to want to be on any team that is rebuilding.

Old 02-19-2010, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
If Lebron does leave the Cavs, i think he will go to a team that not only can pay him max, but they better have good players already there. He is not going to want to be on any team that is rebuilding.
See when it comes to basketball compared to a sport like baseball,there really is no rebuilding because you can load up in one year at almost every position unlike baseball.In basketball the salaries are structured better based on length of time in the league so the Knicks can transform into the Celtics or Pistons if they wanted to copy teams like that.They could sign Lebron then add a Wade,Bosh,or Amare then fill in the rest with more quality players.Basketball has 5 starters and then your bench. Baseball has 8 starting players then the pitcher or pitcher and DH,then the bench. Like I said,basketball has no rebuilding,just revamping.

Old 02-19-2010, 06:55 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Let me summarize by saying that ONLY knicks fans and New Yorkers still hold onto the illusion that being a "big city" makes up for sucking so hard you could pull a train through the chunnel.

News flash. The only reason you guys are still on the map is that the Yankees have no cap prohibition and are therefore in contention at any possible moment.

I'm going to bump this thread when Lebron wipes his bum with you. Really, the Knicks suck, why not go to the Clippers?

Old 02-19-2010, 06:58 PM

191 posts, read 272,987 times
I know its not likely, but personally I would love it if LBJ went to either the Clippers or the Heat. It would be interesting to see LeBron turn the Clippers around or play on the same team as D Wade (assuming Wade stays in Miami).

Old 02-19-2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Let me summarize by saying that ONLY knicks fans and New Yorkers still hold onto the illusion that being a "big city" makes up for sucking so hard you could pull a train through the chunnel.

News flash. The only reason you guys are still on the map is that the Yankees have no cap prohibition and are therefore in contention at any possible moment.

I'm going to bump this thread when Lebron wipes his bum with you. Really, the Knicks suck, why not go to the Clippers?
Firstly,I am not a Knicks fan and if he stays or goes elsewhere I couldn't care less.I'm a Warriors fan and he's not going there. Teams like the Knicks suck for many reasons.#1-horrible owners,#2-signing of many headcases over the years because they assumed that it wouldn't be a problem because the talent would outshine the attitudes-WRONG!,#3-no loyalty to good guy role players that you could build teams around,#4-high paid coaches instead of the best guy for the job.

***Now when it comes to basketball especially next year,Lebron will be target #1 but they have alot of money to throw around and can easily make this team a contender.If they can sell Lebron on the idea of this, he will come aboard unless the Cavs pull it out this year.If they don't make it to the championship,no way in hell is he going to stay.
*** As for putting down NY,you're just showing your inferiority and hatred for the area.The Yankees COMPLETELY play by the rules.They do what every other team is allowed to do.They draft players,develop them,and sign free agent too.Don't blame the Yankees if they are the most successful financially off and on the field.Do car manufacturers point the finger if Honda does better then Chevy? No,because they're playing by the same rules.Also NY is on the map for many reasons and sports are just one thing. Theatre,the Stock Market,best food,clothing styles, statue of liberty,night life, ellis island and its history. So next time you want to show your hatred think before you speak, or just put your head back up your a--!

Old 02-19-2010, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larz View Post
I know its not likely, but personally I would love it if LBJ went to either the Clippers or the Heat. It would be interesting to see LeBron turn the Clippers around or play on the same team as D Wade (assuming Wade stays in Miami).
The Heat,I hope he doesn't go there. I would LOVE to see him go to a team like the Clippers. He would immediately turn around that franchise and maybe give the Laker market a run for the money but I personally don't think Lebron wants to share the market with Kobe.

Old 02-19-2010, 09:58 PM

191 posts, read 272,987 times
Good point, LeBron probably doesn't want to share the LA market with Kobe. I also wonder if there would be ego problems between James and D Wade if they played together. Still, it would be interesting to see.

Old 02-20-2010, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larz View Post
Good point, LeBron probably doesn't want to share the LA market with Kobe. I also wonder if there would be ego problems between James and D Wade if they played together. Still, it would be interesting to see.
See i don't think he will stay in Cleveland,and even though i'm a NYer,i'm not a Knicks fan but I see the writing on the wall.I do have a major soft spot for the smaller teams and hate that a team like the Clippers is overshadowed so much by the Lakers. Lebron going there would be great for that franchise but I don't see it happening.He could share the market or go to NY and have the whole market. NY did everything to clear the room and did a good job,and it didn't hurt that T-Mac said he stay in NY for a MAJOR discount if 2 big names were added. I just envision NY doing what the Celtics did when KG came to town by overhauling the lineup and building a winner.I also think the eastern conference is much easier then the west so I do think it comes down to Cleveland and NY,but I don't see him going back especially after selling CC on NY.The guy loves NY and whats to be part of the state and its history,and bringing greatness back to the garden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball