Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 09:13 AM

1 posts, read 4,973 times

Advertisements

Totally not true about the kkk and racist people. i moved to walker 3 years ago and love it. i haven't seen anyone with sheets on their heads. lol. i live in a new but diverse neighborhood and have the best neighbors ever. my children are in the schools in walker and are getting a very good education. we came from catholic schools in ebr and were actually behind were they were in walker public schools. it is a small town but growing fast. we really enjoy walker and have met some very nice people here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2010, 03:27 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,353,186 times
I would be more concerned with the crappy traffic than the KKK . The retail development is called " Juban Crossing " I think .

Old 12-28-2010, 01:48 PM

1 posts, read 4,951 times
Those who claim Livingston Parish is racist and redneck obviously live in Baton Rouge and never venture out. In fact, Livingston Parish is one of the fastest-growing parishes/counties in the nation, according to the U.S. Census, and there's a reason for that. It's a great place to live, work, play and raise a family. With that influx of people - many of them high-tailing it out of Baton Rouge - has come change. Walker in particular is a very friendly, welcoming community that still lines the main street through town with flags on the Fourth of July and Veterans Day, and has a number of free family-friendly events throughout the year. We also have a significant African American population that is very active in the community. If you want to get a better idea about what it's like, take a look at the City of Walker's website at [url=http://www.walker.la.us]Welcome to Walker, Louisiana[/url].

Old 01-01-2011, 05:39 PM

1,357 posts, read 5,464,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveWalker View Post
We also have a significant African American population that is very active in the community. Welcome to Walker, Louisiana.
"Significant" meaning more than 1% ?

Old 01-01-2011, 08:21 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,291,623 times
Haha Isn't that the truth. I am a black male and I don't like to venture to/through Livingston just because of the stereotype. Plus, I haven't gotten the best looks at Freds on the Amite.
Livingston is booming like crazy though.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:41 AM

1,579 posts, read 2,340,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
I don't like to venture to/through Livingston just because of the stereotype.
So, you are prejudice against Livingston based on a stereotype?

I guess you see nothing wrong with that.

Old 01-03-2011, 08:44 AM

20 posts, read 66,777 times
What stereotype does Livingston Parish have?
BTW- I haven't got too much of a grand welcome at Freds either, and I am a young white female. I must drip with city girl presence.... ;-)

Old 01-03-2011, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by things and stuff View Post
So, you are prejudice against Livingston based on a stereotype?
Yeah , I caught that too .

Old 01-03-2011, 12:12 PM

20 posts, read 66,777 times
Don't you know that Livingston Parish has the reputation as "white trash", and everyone calls them locals LPT?! I have some friends, as well as coworkers (even my boss) which we pick on them about LP. But you know, I live in Hammond and drive to BR daily for work. I am considering moving to Livingston Parish. It has a great school system for when Im ready to have a family. I guess I will become LPT too... ;-)

Old 01-03-2011, 12:24 PM

Actually , the " old " reputation was more along the lines of racism , and Klan activity . A lot of truth to that way back when . The " trash " thing is not as common , but I have heard of it as well .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge