Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2023, 12:02 PM

10,501 posts, read 7,033,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaiziAhmi View Post
We actually loved the alabaster area once we drove out past the shopping centers. Looked somewhat similar to home. My husband got the job, but he's supposed to get a call tomorrow to know how they're handling our relocation. We dunno if we'll be in a hotel until we find a place, or if the company is renting a place. I should know more tomorrow. He still has to come back down to take his physical and drug test for the company, but no worries there. But from what my husband told me the president of the company told him to be ready to come back when he calls, so hopefully we find out tomorrow exactly how the move's going to go.

Welcome to Birmingham! Let us know more details and we'll help you narrow things down as much as we can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2023, 04:45 PM

24,513 posts, read 10,836,221 times
Welcome to Birmingham!

Old 04-06-2024, 10:20 AM

1 posts, read 99 times
Default Spain Park High School zone question

Hello!

I'm looking for advice on the best areas to live within the Spain Park High School zone, considering we will also need to commute to UAB for work (we're able to avoid typical rush hour times, however). I'm wondering how bad it is to contend with traffic for our commute and for the kids school buses - for example, if you live in Greystone, how long are the school bus rides to Spain Park/Berry since they have to cross 280. Is it any better west of 65? Lastly, does the Spain Park/Berry MS zoning change at all (ie. how much do I have to worry that my kids will need to go to different schools if at all?).

Thank you!

Old 04-06-2024, 12:54 PM

3,259 posts, read 3,768,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkshire04040 View Post
Hello!

I'm looking for advice on the best areas to live within the Spain Park High School zone, considering we will also need to commute to UAB for work (we're able to avoid typical rush hour times, however). I'm wondering how bad it is to contend with traffic for our commute and for the kids school buses - for example, if you live in Greystone, how long are the school bus rides to Spain Park/Berry since they have to cross 280. Is it any better west of 65? Lastly, does the Spain Park/Berry MS zoning change at all (ie. how much do I have to worry that my kids will need to go to different schools if at all?).

Thank you!
There are some neighborhoods along Caldwell Mill Road in the city limits of Hoover that are zoned to Berry/Spain Park (Altadena Woods, part of Heatherwood, Caldwell Crossings, Kirkman Preserve, Mill Springs Estates). These are a lot closer to Berry and Spain Park than Greystone is and you also would have the benefit of being able to avoid Highway 280 through Inverness during rush hour. Those neighborhoods would take Caldwell Mill to Acton to Cahaba River Road and jump on 280 in Cahaba Heights bypassing the worst of the 280 traffic (though these secondary roads are still no picnic at rush hour).

It's been a long time since I've seen the bus schedules for Hoover schools, but when I was in the school district in the 90s and early 2000s, Greystone pickup times were very early.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area